Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2019, 07:36 PM   #121
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
I tend to agree for the most part save for.....man I'm bad with names....the redhead girl? I've been quite impressed with her. She was mostly behind the Aubry blindside. She's playing a good social/strategy game. Think she's a dark horse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Victoria. And I'm much the same. She's been pretty impressive. I thought that the blindside of Aubrey was Eric's idea, but was put onto Victoria to execute, which she pretty much did flawlessly.
She looked like literally nothing at the beginning, just a total passive, passenger that gets voted out early. Last two episodes she's coming out as a ruthless, dispassionate, strong thinker that can fake relationships. She's built perfectly for this game and wouldn't be surprised to see her right near the end possibly winning.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 07:39 PM   #122
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I felt bad for Aubrey when she lost because the first part of the challenge she was terrific and her going back into the game would have made things interesting. Seeing how heart broken she was, was a big sad.

But the problem now is that Joe is on edge of extinction which means he's a monstrous favorite in any physical challenge to get back in the game.

I wasn't surprised that Keith and Wendy rang out, Keith was kind of soft and not very good in the game, Wendy really wasn't playing the game, she was just happy to be around people.

Reem or whatever her name is might as well ring out, she's going nowhere.
I bet $100 the next challenge for extinction members to get back in isn't physical.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 08:40 PM   #123
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

So it looks like Survivor is coming to Canada.
https://kawarthanow.com/2019/04/01/s...lgonquin-park/
Black flies and mosquitoes? It’s possible that “outwit, outplay, and outlast” is going to take on an entirely new meaning.

For the first time in its history, a season of the Emmy award-winning CBS reality TV series Survivor will be filmed in Canada instead of the tropics, possibly as soon as next year — and Ontario’s own Algonquin Park is at the top of the list of potential locations.

This follows another first for Canada: the announcement last fall that Canadians are now eligible to compete on Survivor.

The 42nd season is tentatively entitled Survivor: Into The Wild which, according to the memo, would see “18 strangers heading into an isolated forest in Canada to battle the elements — and each other.” The memo also includes a prototype logo for the Canadian season.

/edit
Faaark I've been fooled.. This story will be updated if more details become available, although that’s not going to happen since this story is an April Fool’s joke.

Last edited by Cheese; 04-01-2019 at 08:43 PM.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2019, 08:57 PM   #124
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

LOL Survivor will never come to Canada because half of their viewer demographic wants to see young chicks in bikinis.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2019, 10:05 PM   #125
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

So, this is FINALLY starting to get a bit interesting. Wardog actually does something useful, and schemes his way into some of Kama's heads (with what likely would have happened if they hadn't listened).

So this was a decent episode, and a 'good' ending to the Tribal.

I got a bit of a kick out of Rick saying that he wasn't playing emotionally, all the while clearly getting angry and hoping he can sneak into the bottom of Kama. Not a very good game plan, imo.
WhiteTiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 10:08 PM   #126
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

People never learn. you never ever lord over your group and over sell yourself as being in top spot and in control.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2019, 12:49 AM   #127
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rick is an idiot...loved seeing him all stunned after that vote.

The Kama leaders deserved that blindside for constantly mentioning the family visit, and trying to kill all the excitement this season.

Wardog did pretty well for himself tonight. He sucks at challenges and the social game, but he's got the right idea when it comes to strategy.

Reem had the best line at the very end: "Dude, don't get excited."

There's no Survivor in Canada, but I believe Jeff said at the start of last season that Canadians are now eligible for the US Survivor which is cool.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2019, 12:51 AM   #128
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Unfortunately the move was too early. I think the Kama people will just be going after each other and the lassu people will get furtherest. There is too many in that majority that I still have no idea who they are really. Not getting a good edit.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:06 AM   #129
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

There were a couple of things that should have really resonated

Too many people might find themselves at the end with a blank resume

Is it better to be a pilot then a passenger.

I'm fascinated by the idea that a person on the jury can get back into the game.

Wardog lasted 15 seconds in that challenge . . . 15 seconds, think about that for a second.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2019, 08:16 AM   #130
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Wardog lasted 15 seconds in that challenge . . . 15 seconds, think about that for a second.
Yeah, I get the feeling that his nickname is self-given.
WhiteTiger is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2019, 08:21 AM   #131
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty amazing how the body has a system that says "hey, you. Stop doing what you are doing or I am going to make you stop. No? Ok, here comes the blurry vision! What's that? Legs getting weak? TIMBER!"

I wonder if future challenges like this will only be a few inches off the ground rather than a few feet.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2019, 01:53 PM   #132
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wardog is the best bad survivor player ever. :Pathetic at challenges. No one likes him. No social awareness.

BUT

Every episode he lays out a plan or scenario, which is always 100% correct in his analysis. Everyone hates him, doesn't want to listen, and then realizes hes right.
Jason14h is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason14h For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2019, 02:31 PM   #133
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Pretty amazing how the body has a system that says "hey, you. Stop doing what you are doing or I am going to make you stop. No? Ok, here comes the blurry vision! What's that? Legs getting weak? TIMBER!"

I wonder if future challenges like this will only be a few inches off the ground rather than a few feet.

I blacked out once just after giving blood. It was funny though, there was no wobble, or oh my I don't feel right. It was like a switch being thrown and I went face first into a wall.

Honestly I like Lauren, and she doesn't look like she's starving, but she went down hard.

Old 04-04-2019, 02:55 PM   #134
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
Wardog is the best bad survivor player ever. :Pathetic at challenges. No one likes him. No social awareness.

BUT

Every episode he lays out a plan or scenario, which is always 100% correct in his analysis. Everyone hates him, doesn't want to listen, and then realizes hes right.
I don't know if this is true. He is my current bet to win actually.

It falls back to the 'beware of lawyers' mantra for Survivor (even though I think he is just a student currently?).

They know how to talk and convince people who aren't used to such conversations.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:20 PM   #135
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Holy cow that was an entertaining tribal!!
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:37 PM   #136
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Best tribal ever. Loved Aubrey's facial expressions

Old 04-10-2019, 10:06 PM   #137
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a crazy tribal...I was wondering why they were going to tribal already halfway through the episode. The silent tension at camp before tribal made it even better. I'm not sure if I've seen someone's game completely blow up at tribal like that.

I think Julia just overplayed her hand here and didn't do enough to reassure the people she was planning to vote with. I wonder what her original plan was before the vote? Get back with Kama and get Kelley out or vote with Kelley/Wardog/Lauren to vote out David?

Kelley's been great all season with her reads on not playing the idol.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:52 AM   #138
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Top 5 Tribal Council ever. Cra-Cra.

Man, did Julia ever immolate her own game hard. Two huge blunders at TC and a litany of smaller ones. Props to Devens for unleashing that chaos (and for the funniest line of the night)...

Probst: David, did that really happen?
David: Yeah... while I was taking a poop.
Probst: *laughs* So, Devens are you the minnow or the shark?
Devens: ... Jeff, I might be the Poo
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Parallex For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2019, 09:38 AM   #139
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Wardog another challenge fail.

Old 04-11-2019, 10:22 PM   #140
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I think the only thing that could have made that tribal better is if Jeff stopped them mid conversation and said time to vote. It's hard to tell but I think there was a point when 4 different plans were being discussed at the same time, and nobody really knew which plan they were a part of.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote