Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2021, 02:46 PM   #181
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

What gets me about these videos always is that technology, camera sensors, have come such a far distance but the photo's are always blurry and shape/object based. I have no doubt the video is real of some unidentified flying object... but it's like watching unsolved mysteries on an old black and white television in the 80's that receives it's signal from an antenna. Reminds me of pictures of the "Loch Ness monster".

Also, dailymail or the UK national enquirer's all seem to run the stories for clickbait.

Don't get me wrong either, the probabilities of extra terrestrial life is undeniable and a game changer once confirmed.

Arthur C. Clarke was one of the most formative and predictive sci-fi writers, to read his books is almost like reading predictions that will come true (many have...) and the concepts of 2001 Space Odyssey
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 03:08 PM   #182
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Save us from the bokeh?
This latest video seems that way. I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to identify something, but instrument limitations make it looks like something more interesting than it actually is.

The saucer-like images from 2015 and witness accounts are a lot more interesting to me. I tend to believe the theory that China and Russia have drone and aviation technology that is really advanced and are using it to intimidate the west by showing they can invade our air space with impunity.

I would actually prefer it was aliens though. That would be less scary.

There have also been huge advancements in military hologram technology in the U.S., which they might be experimenting with on their own militaries. It probably wouldn't be impossible to create hologram "UFO" to try and confuse an enemy.

#7 is interesting for this purpose. #8 combined with #1 is also interesting, minus the conspiracy theory angle.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 04-26-2021 at 01:10 PM.
FlamesAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesAddiction For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2021, 08:30 PM   #183
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

If I find a hoofprint on my lawn, I'm going to guess horse before I guess zebra or unicorn.
Old 04-18-2021, 09:12 PM   #184
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Im pretty sure it's a coyote.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2021, 09:30 PM   #185
Titan2
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Im pretty sure it's a coyote.
*tentative thanks if a sly reference to other thread. Subject to revocation if only a dumb comment.
Titan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 01:37 PM   #186
karl262
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

"The main revelation is that technology exists that is capable of performing flying maneuvers that shatter our perceptions of propulsion, flight controls, material science, and even physics. Let me underline this again for you, the Nimitz encounter with the Tic Tac proved that exotic technology that is widely thought of as the domain of science fiction actually exists. It is real. It isn't the result of altered perception, someone's lucid dream, a stray weather balloon, or swamp gas. Someone or something has crossed the technological Rubicon and has obtained what some would call the Holy Grail of aerospace engineering.

This reality is very hard to process for many. There is always an out for some in the form of claiming an odd impromptu conspiracy or some hollow explanation that doesn't pass muster beyond the first paragraph, but in the end, it happened. As uncomfortable as that fact is, it's reality. So, we need to use this event as a lodestar going forward when it comes to evaluating and contemplating what is possible and where truth actually lies."

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...ent-of-defense

Last edited by karl262; 04-19-2021 at 01:40 PM.
karl262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 01:14 AM   #187
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

And then there was this.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2770635...prepare-crash/

Also, from the space station a very close encounter with a rapid object.
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 02:01 AM   #188
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarywinning View Post
And then there was this.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2770635...prepare-crash/

Also, from the space station a very close encounter with a rapid object.
Lol, space space junk is now a near miss UFO?
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 02:15 AM   #189
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl262 View Post
"The main revelation is that technology exists that is capable of performing flying maneuvers that shatter our perceptions of propulsion, flight controls, material science, and even physics. Let me underline this again for you, the Nimitz encounter with the Tic Tac proved that exotic technology that is widely thought of as the domain of science fiction actually exists. It is real. It isn't the result of altered perception, someone's lucid dream, a stray weather balloon, or swamp gas. Someone or something has crossed the technological Rubicon and has obtained what some would call the Holy Grail of aerospace engineering.

This reality is very hard to process for many. There is always an out for some in the form of claiming an odd impromptu conspiracy or some hollow explanation that doesn't pass muster beyond the first paragraph, but in the end, it happened. As uncomfortable as that fact is, it's reality. So, we need to use this event as a lodestar going forward when it comes to evaluating and contemplating what is possible and where truth actually lies."

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...ent-of-defense
Real what?

Again, there has never ever been proof of any alien existence or space crafts on planet earth, there has never been in any way signs of breaking the laws of physics that the universe shows us.

Alien UFO's, Easter bunny and God all have one thing in common, all a huge pile of
Old 04-26-2021, 08:07 AM   #190
karl262
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Real what?

Again, there has never ever been proof of any alien existence or space crafts on planet earth, there has never been in any way signs of breaking the laws of physics that the universe shows us.

Alien UFO's, Easter bunny and God all have one thing in common, all a huge pile of
The technology is real.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
karl262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 10:50 AM   #191
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
based on the size of the Universe I'd say one is more possible than the other two.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 11:00 AM   #192
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
I'd be interested to know your analysis for the Gimbal/Tic-Tac videos, as well as the testimony of Cmdr. David Fravor who has "opened the lid" on physics-defying technology while running training operations from the USS Nimitz.

Will also be interesting to see what the Pentagon reports on in June with the arrival of their mandated report.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 11:32 AM   #193
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Aliens are not impossible, just extremely unlikely for myriad reasons. More likely IMO is future/undiscovered humans (yes, something stupid like a secret inner earth society is more plausible than aliens) or even more likely is that a technological rival has surpassed the United States in aeronautical capability, or most likely that the US has top secret aeronautical capabilities decades beyond what they publicly display. Or holographic technology or something as was also suggested above.

Even if Aliens exist, which is almost definite given the scale of the universe, the same scale of the universe and time makes it seem nearly physically impossible to interact with any of them that may exist out there.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2021, 11:37 AM   #194
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

The idea that aliens have been visiting us like this, flying around at low altitudes, but never communicating makes very little sense. If they are advanced as they'd need to be to get here, it wouldn't be necessary to risk coming into the atmosphere to observe. Certainly not in a way that risks detection. These encounters all fall apart on critical analysis.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2021, 11:40 AM   #195
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

I think if you ask the UFO community these days, they're probably more interested/focus on UAPs and technology that seems to defy what we know about normal physics. Who owns it, how it is powered, and what security implications these things have seem to be the focus. The fact that these observed craft seem to be able to transition between air and water is also pretty remarkable if they do exist (the Puerto Rico UAP video is pretty compelling in this regard).

Aliens are basically an afterthought at the moment. It's all about the technology.

And I agree, this is more likely something made/developed on Earth and possibly phenomena emerging from dark projects with the private sector or obscured and secured research over several decades - probably being tested and engaging reactions from security forces. Not a lot different from "fly bys" adversaries do to enemy airspace with bombers/fighter jets.

Last edited by Ozy_Flame; 04-26-2021 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-26-2021, 12:20 PM   #196
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
I'd be interested to know your analysis for the Gimbal/Tic-Tac videos, as well as the testimony of Cmdr. David Fravor who has "opened the lid" on physics-defying technology while running training operations from the USS Nimitz.

Will also be interesting to see what the Pentagon reports on in June with the arrival of their mandated report.
I watched Fravor's interviews with Lex Fridman and with Rogan. The Fridman one is particularly good because Lex is able to get more technical.
I believe him as to what he (plus other crew and instruments) saw. The question is what did he see - alien drones, Russian drones, Chinese drones, US test drones, manned vehicle from any of the above, us visiting ourselves from the future? I have no idea. I would guess US test flights, but the fact that Fravor is able to talk about it (being Nav ret.) suggests maybe not. This doesn't prove aliens, but it is exciting in terms of implications for travel, as per the quote above. If this tech can exist and be controlled, presumably Star Trek is possible. Where did the tech come from?

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VladtheImpaler For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2021, 12:45 PM   #197
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Real what?

So you believe in Santa Claus eh.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2021, 12:46 PM   #198
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Personally I just want to be able to see this tech explained and harnessed for civilian purposes (in addition to how it may make planetary exploration more accessible as well). The energy sources and the potential to travel vast distances in really short amounts of time could completely revolutionize our world. Would be interesting to see the effect Tic-Tac travel has on the human body though. I won't be the guinea pig
Old 04-27-2021, 04:36 AM   #199
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
Aliens are not impossible, just extremely unlikely for myriad reasons. More likely IMO is future/undiscovered humans (yes, something stupid like a secret inner earth society is more plausible than aliens) or even more likely is that a technological rival has surpassed the United States in aeronautical capability, or most likely that the US has top secret aeronautical capabilities decades beyond what they publicly display. Or holographic technology or something as was also suggested above.

Even if Aliens exist, which is almost definite given the scale of the universe, the same scale of the universe and time makes it seem nearly physically impossible to interact with any of them that may exist out there.
If and a big if we were we to ever capture an alien spacecraft from another planet I suspect it would be 10's, 100's of thousands or even millions of years old sent out as a discovery drone/probe to a nearby planet, it then went astray and ended up on earth. just as someday another civilization may find our 2 Voyagers, our 2 Pioneers and the New Horizon probes which are on there way to deep space. this is far from impossible but I'll stick to my guns that living matter will never be able to reach the speeds needed for interstellar space travel and live thru it.

Warp speed, Wormholes.etc is just science fiction.
Old 04-27-2021, 06:31 AM   #200
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

The vastness of space put the odds of a probe randomly getting to Earth, or anyone finding our probes, at a minuscule chance, I can't see it happening. Unless their probe was sent to us, it's not going to randomly end up somewhere we would ever detect it.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote