Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2018, 12:57 PM   #621
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

I drove through a tiny town on the reserve in Ontario here the other day. I thought I was dreaming, no joke 15 dispensaries on the same 2km stretch of road. Every name you could imagine. I went in, they sell everything. Edibles, 20x strains. They’ve been open for months apparently. Just baffling that the “legal” ways of obtaining it are still sooooooo far behind. It’s ridiculous.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 12:57 PM   #622
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Saw a news promo/trailer on the Rochester, New York channel. Story was going to be about what legalization meant for US citizens, and those who go north of the border to partake.

Straw poll question for CP - have your employers communicated anything regarding legalization? New company rules etc? I have not seen anything official but have talked to our safety people (not recently) and they were drafting our new policy. We've had to deal with it for a few years anyway in our US operations. Still, would be good to know what is allowed and what is not.
I recently drafted a cannabis policy to accompany our alcohol usage policy.

Basically I would guess most non-labour jobs will mirror alcohol policies (eg. no impairment during work hours, suggested moderation at work functions) and treat scrip usage the same as other impairing scrips (eg. can't work when you're taking T3s/codeine).

Low THC content usage for pain/anxiety/sleep etc. is more or less exempt, similar to usage of any over-the-counter medication that doesn't impair the employee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 12:59 PM   #623
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
I know I’m old but I don’t think I know anybody who smokes pot. Not openly at least. It will be interesting to find out how many people were doing it on the d/l now that the stigma should be gone soon.

It is weird how, today, we see you pot heads as filthy reprobates �� but tomorrow, it’s all cool.
Eh, anyone who smokes it will still have the stigma, just as smokers do. Smoking is gross regardless of the product that is being smoked. There are many other ways to enjoy though.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 01:01 PM   #624
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I work for a small company, owner just said "I don't care what you do on your own time, just don't make it my problem."
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 01:04 PM   #625
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's funny hearing Doug Ford rail against legalization considering his history.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 06:51 PM   #626
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Happy Cannabis Eve!

Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2018, 07:49 PM   #627
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

What is Canada’s stance going to be on tourists? Just live and let live, or is it going to be problematic? I thought I recall places like Amsterdam frowning upon tourists doing drugs there, is Canada’s going to care about this at all? And do the tourists’ home countries care if they come to Canada to partake?
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:06 PM   #628
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
What is Canada’s stance going to be on tourists? Just live and let live, or is it going to be problematic? I thought I recall places like Amsterdam frowning upon tourists doing drugs there, is Canada’s going to care about this at all? And do the tourists’ home countries care if they come to Canada to partake?
It's like anything where if a person smokes weed in their home country they are likely to consume it if on vacation if it's legally available. I don't see the issue as it's no different than a person from out of country hitting a pub and drinking our beer.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:13 PM   #629
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Pot was actually illegal but tolerated in Amsterdam. It was legal for residents with a "weed pass" but tourists could be prosecuted if theyhad too much or were otherwise causing problems. Then in 2013 they just dropped that and made it tolerable all around. We wouldn't have that issue since it's legal.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 10:27 PM   #630
indes
First Line Centre

Exp:

I was there in 2007 and it sure seemed more than 'tolerated.'. More like encouraged. The legal mushrooms weren't half bad either!
indes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 12:55 AM   #631
Nsd1
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1052400619212935173

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
apparently, the https://albertacannabis.org/ website will go live right at midnight tonight for online sales.
Website is live. The have 70+ products listed. Mostly dried plants, no vapes for that crowd.
Nsd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 01:04 AM   #632
longsuffering
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsd1 View Post
https://twitter.com/user/status/1052400619212935173

Website is live. The have 70+ products listed. Mostly dried plants, no vapes for that crowd.
Pricey as hell. Only grams and 1/8s listed for sale and no volume discounts. You have to pay per gram or per eighth prices up to the 30 gram cap on quantity.

They'll have a hard time convincing people to stop ordering from MOMs (or Terry) if they don't get more competitive on their pricing.

I suppose they will attempt to crackdown on MOMs but I'm not so sure how successful that will be.

Only a government could #### this up.
longsuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 01:23 AM   #633
shogged
First Line Centre

Exp:

Prices are crazy on the AB website lol 110 for a 1/4. They’ve got a long way to go
shogged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 01:25 AM   #634
Nsd1
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Not really a fan of the shipping policy either.. Having to actually sign for the package means most people will have to go to their Canada Post office or the putolator office to pick up their stuff. Might as well just buy from a local shop.
Nsd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:24 AM   #635
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Canada Post going on strike Monday could monkey wrench the whole thing. Postie gangsters jackin your stash.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:38 AM   #636
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Nay to Devil's Lettuce
Yay to Jazz Cabbage
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2018, 06:49 AM   #637
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
I work for a small company, owner just said "I don't care what you do on your own time, just don't make it my problem."
No different than booze then. I don't touch the stuff but the city police and company's like westjet having zero tolerance is silly.

A westjet employee can drink like a madman on his holidays with no problems but if he has a few hoots he can be fired because THC stays in the system for 30 days. I can see a few wrongful dismissal lawsuits in the future.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:04 AM   #638
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

That doesn’t seem silly. If there isn’t evidence of how long the affects or taking a few hoots linger with a person, zero tolerance is a good policy.

What I would be wary of is these second hand affects and getting Rebagliatied when you are at a music festival or red mile celebrations, etc.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:17 AM   #639
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

OCS prices are insane...
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:27 AM   #640
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was told by someone that the price on OCS of 7 for $60 is fair, pretty much same as what black market was.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote