Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-14-2021, 02:16 PM   #581
fulham
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
What's a good start? Arson?

Arson of a Church belonging to a different denomination than the one you're upset at, too, but more importantly... we're cheerleading for arson now?
Where have you been?

Arson, vandalism, and destruction of property is encouraged as a part of protests nowadays. If you complain about it, or even disapprove your racist.
fulham is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fulham For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2021, 02:28 PM   #582
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulham View Post
Where have you been?

Arson, vandalism, and destruction of property is encouraged as a part of protests nowadays. If you complain about it, or even disapprove your racist.
Get out of here with this stupid nonsense.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 03:11 PM   #583
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Where have you been?

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 05:22 PM   #584
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Get out of here with this stupid nonsense.
Yeah, get out, or we'll burn your house down!
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2021, 07:32 PM   #585
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

He's just narked off because the Cottagers have gone down into the Championship
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2021, 07:33 PM   #586
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, get out, or we'll burn your house down!
With the lemons!
MarchHare is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MarchHare For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2021, 08:31 PM   #587
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare View Post
With the lemons!
Chariots chariots.
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to timun For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2021, 09:55 PM   #588
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare View Post
With the lemons!
Quote:
Originally Posted by timun View Post
Chariots chariots.
Clearly someone at that particular Church angered the sentient cloud. All hail the sentient cloud.

OH GOD IT'S COMING IN UNDER THE DOOR IT'S LEECHING OFF ALL MY SKIN OH #### OH CHRIST OAUUUUGHHH
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 10:24 PM   #589
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Where have you been?

If you went to Henry Compton we have to ruck down at Bishops Park at lunch tomorrow, me being St Mark's and all
Old 06-14-2021, 10:40 PM   #590
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Clearly someone at that particular Church angered the sentient cloud. All hail the sentient cloud.

OH GOD IT'S COMING IN UNDER THE DOOR IT'S LEECHING OFF ALL MY SKIN OH #### OH CHRIST OAUUUUGHHH
Those of you who volunteered to be injected with homo sapien DNA, I've got some good news and some bad news: bad news is we're postponing those tests indefinitely. Good news is we've got a much better test for you: fighting an army of man-mantises. Pick up a set of foreleg spurs, mesothorax armor and tubercle sheaths. You'll know when the test starts.
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 01:36 PM   #591
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
What's a good start? Arson?

Arson of a Church belonging to a different denomination than the one you're upset at, too, but more importantly... we're cheerleading for arson now?
I wouldn't shed a tear if every church was bulldozed, the historical significance has no value to me. Nothing but a symbol of ignorance, superstition and abuse, I have no respect for any denomination.

In 1979 my parents moved us up north and I grew up in a town that was 90% native, I saw firsthand the effect of the church on those people including the suicide of my childhood friend in 2019.

I'm less inclined to be quiet and respect these institutions and more specifically belief in the supernatural and such made up garbage used to control and abuse.
Engine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Engine09 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2021, 10:07 PM   #592
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a forking idiot.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1405182135565275147
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 06:25 AM   #593
DevilsAdvocate
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
What a forking idiot.
On the Alberta payroll for social studies curriculum advisor. You can't make this sht up.
Former Kenney staffer.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...cide-1.6070407
DevilsAdvocate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DevilsAdvocate For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2021, 10:28 AM   #594
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post

This might not be a random bozo eruption. I suspect we will see more of this from Kenney’s entourage as he tries to pull the far right back into his camp by whistling like a dog and goading Notley into culture wars. It’s going to be an ugly couple of years.
edslunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 03:02 AM   #595
Bs&Cs
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl262 View Post
Everything I said after the link was in jest. I'll break it down:

The guy I was talking about that the Catholic Church might show appreciation for is Hitler, as the first treaty the Nazi party signed was with the Catholic centrist party. The deal was the Nazi party would have a clear path to victory in forming government because the Catholics would just get out of the way and not run in the last election Germany would have until after the war. What did the Catholics want in return for giving Hitler power? Control over the education system. My source on this is the intelligence squared debate on whether or not the Catholic Church is a force for good, some clips have been posted in this thread. Another thing I learned from that same debate was that Hitlers birthday was celebrated from the pulpits of the German Catholic Church up until his death. Thats after the general population had learned the full extent of what they had let happen. Imagine being a devout catholic in Germany 1945, trying to find some sort of salvation for what your nation had just committed and all the guilt and shock associated with that. Also your country is in ruins and millions are dead. So you go to church. What do you hear from the priest on Hitlers birthday in early 1945? Happy Birthday! Time to pass the collection plate!
They did this from 1933 to 1945. That is how tone deaf the church is.

So the joke is that the Catholic Church would have to be dragged kicking and screaming to recognize the folly of having a high school named after one of the architects of Canada's genocide, only to name it after the architect of another genocide because they used to work well together and they're so completely tone deaf.
The first part of this post is ahistorical gibberish and nearly every word of the entire thing is complete nonsense. Your priest in Germany during the Nazi era might wish Hitler a happy birthday. Or he might be in a concentration camp for denouncing the regime, as thousands of them did. The priests were so numerous at Dachau that they had their own barracks, and 80% of them were Catholic. Catholic clergy were on the official list for extermination in Occupied Poland, and Catholic priests and nuns of Poland are the most prolific group represented among the Righteous Among the Nations by the State of Israel. The Vatican itself chipped in pounds of gold to the Jews of Rome to pay a blood random the Nazi occupiers, and Jewish refugees from Nazi roundups were given sanctuary in the walls of the Vatican itself. Stories like this exist in nearly every corner of occupied Europe- in Ustase controlled Croatia, in Hungary, in Italian occupied Dalmatia, in the Netherlands and France... Pope Pius' actions during the 1930s certainly deserve criticism, but the Catholic Church was a thorn in the side of both the Nazi Regime and the Italian Fascists... Both Mussolini and the Nazi leadership made no secret of their desire to shatter the influence of the Catholic Church in Europe, and the idea of the population owing more allegiance to a figure that wasn't the head of state (whether it be the Pope, or Christ himself) was anathema to fascists. Pius, and by extent many under him (and they weren't the only ones, this was a common attitude at the time) saw Fascism at first as a bulwark against communism but that attitude had changed by the mid 30s. The Church, as it always does acted first out of self preservation but to paint them as active partners of the Nazi government isn't correct and is an insult to the many, many Catholic bishops, priests and nuns who gave their lives or livelihoods to protest fascism or protect the persecuted. The idea that the Nazis would hand over the reigns of the education system to the Church is laughable. Nazism is by definition an atheistic set of political beliefs. Hitler wasn't giving up control of his most effective brainwashing institution to an organization he was actively eyeing for eventual liquidation.

That said, I'm pretty done defending them these days... Their behaviour has been abominable. There is a "right way" for them here, and it's been that way for decades but they've consistently taken the most morally repugnant position they possibly can. The hypocrisy is astonishing. For a faith supposedly based on penance, forgiveness, truth and mercy, they have asked for none of it for what one can only assume are financial reasons. Despicable. Though it's worth noting that just because Church leadership has acted in such an obviously deplorable manner, labelling the entirety of the Christian faith as being mere superstition believed in by rubes is indeed the kind or edgelord nonsense you'd hear come from the mouths of high schoolers.
Bs&Cs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bs&Cs For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2021, 08:55 AM   #596
karl262
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bs&Cs View Post
The first part of this post is ahistorical gibberish and nearly every word of the entire thing is complete nonsense. Your priest in Germany during the Nazi era might wish Hitler a happy birthday. Or he might be in a concentration camp for denouncing the regime, as thousands of them did. The priests were so numerous at Dachau that they had their own barracks, and 80% of them were Catholic. Catholic clergy were on the official list for extermination in Occupied Poland, and Catholic priests and nuns of Poland are the most prolific group represented among the Righteous Among the Nations by the State of Israel. The Vatican itself chipped in pounds of gold to the Jews of Rome to pay a blood random the Nazi occupiers, and Jewish refugees from Nazi roundups were given sanctuary in the walls of the Vatican itself. Stories like this exist in nearly every corner of occupied Europe- in Ustase controlled Croatia, in Hungary, in Italian occupied Dalmatia, in the Netherlands and France... Pope Pius' actions during the 1930s certainly deserve criticism, but the Catholic Church was a thorn in the side of both the Nazi Regime and the Italian Fascists... Both Mussolini and the Nazi leadership made no secret of their desire to shatter the influence of the Catholic Church in Europe, and the idea of the population owing more allegiance to a figure that wasn't the head of state (whether it be the Pope, or Christ himself) was anathema to fascists. Pius, and by extent many under him (and they weren't the only ones, this was a common attitude at the time) saw Fascism at first as a bulwark against communism but that attitude had changed by the mid 30s. The Church, as it always does acted first out of self preservation but to paint them as active partners of the Nazi government isn't correct and is an insult to the many, many Catholic bishops, priests and nuns who gave their lives or livelihoods to protest fascism or protect the persecuted. The idea that the Nazis would hand over the reigns of the education system to the Church is laughable. Nazism is by definition an atheistic set of political beliefs. Hitler wasn't giving up control of his most effective brainwashing institution to an organization he was actively eyeing for eventual liquidation.

That said, I'm pretty done defending them these days... Their behaviour has been abominable. There is a "right way" for them here, and it's been that way for decades but they've consistently taken the most morally repugnant position they possibly can. The hypocrisy is astonishing. For a faith supposedly based on penance, forgiveness, truth and mercy, they have asked for none of it for what one can only assume are financial reasons. Despicable. Though it's worth noting that just because Church leadership has acted in such an obviously deplorable manner, labelling the entirety of the Christian faith as being mere superstition believed in by rubes is indeed the kind or edgelord nonsense you'd hear come from the mouths of high schoolers.
So the Catholic centrist party didn't sign a pact with Hitler to give him a clear path to victory in exchange for control of the education system?
karl262 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to karl262 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2021, 10:11 AM   #597
Bs&Cs
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl262 View Post
So the Catholic centrist party didn't sign a pact with Hitler to give him a clear path to victory in exchange for control of the education system?
No. The party ran candidates in '33. They even had a net gain of seats. The party and it's newspapers and newsletters were openly critical of Hitler. He offered nothing for their support on the enabling act vote, which they did out of self preservation and because Catholic doctrine prohibits participation in revolution and they, like literally everybody else thought appeasing Hitler would avoid violence.

They then ceased to exist as a party. I have no idea where you're getting this rubbish from.
Bs&Cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 11:14 AM   #598
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

I should point out that the Catholic Church in France and Spain was an important part of the underground network spiriting Nazis to South America, it was not an official church policy but vast numbers of SS officers were hidden in monestries and other Church properties before leaving Europe, various Church officials definatly saw oppresing the jews as a good thing.
Old 06-21-2021, 12:40 PM   #599
karl262
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bs&Cs View Post
No. The party ran candidates in '33. They even had a net gain of seats. The party and it's newspapers and newsletters were openly critical of Hitler. He offered nothing for their support on the enabling act vote, which they did out of self preservation and because Catholic doctrine prohibits participation in revolution and they, like literally everybody else thought appeasing Hitler would avoid violence.

They then ceased to exist as a party. I have no idea where you're getting this rubbish from.
I sourced my info. May I please have a source on yours?
karl262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 03:30 PM   #600
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Two rural Catholic churches were torched in BC last night.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...cton-1.6073976
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote