Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #1021
GreatWhiteEbola
First Line Centre

Exp:

Click the picture for more info...

Last edited by GreatWhiteEbola; 08-06-2013 at 04:05 PM.
GreatWhiteEbola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #1022
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
One can only dream. If they released it in a Westfalia trim I would make sure the first one coming in ended up in my driveway. Unfortunately, it's not going to happen.
You guys really need to bring over the VW California. I'd be willing to be there'd be a significant market out there for people who love the old Westfalias, but want a modern take on the old vans (because sometimes it's nice to drive something that can go up a hill).

Even without the camping bits, the Multivan is rather nice. Never understood why VW just didn't bring it over instead of converting a Chrysler into the Routan. Not sure why anyone thought that people would pay thousands more for a slightly altered Caravan.
Table 5 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2013, 03:06 AM   #1023
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

New NSX prototype.

Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #1024
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Still think it's a let down when you compare it to the original.

The early 90s were such an awesome time for Japanese sports cars. NSX, 300zx, RX-7, MR2, Supra....so good.
The Following User Says Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #1025
Sopure
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatwhiteebola View Post
brz sti?
Sopure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sopure For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2013, 11:23 AM   #1026
Sliver
PC LOAD LETTER

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
Still think it's a let down when you compare it to the original.

The early 90s were such an awesome time for Japanese sports cars. NSX, 300zx, RX-7, MR2, Supra....so good.
Best part was almost all of the above had a targa option. I love targas but I don't know if anybody is making one anymore.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:28 AM   #1027
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Best part was almost all of the above had a targa option. I love targas but I don't know if anybody is making one anymore.
Yeah, I love Targas and t-tops myself...shame they went away. Although Porsche is actually bringing the targa back on the 911, which is neat.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #1028
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

After searching threads, I could not find any recent answers to audio questions, so thought I would ask it here.

I really want to put a small, clean sounding sub in my new car. After doing some research there is very little choice in town. Basically, Visions, FutureShop and some smaller garages (I see the recommendations for Mobile Automotive, but seems like overkill in this case).

The one I like is an Alpine Type R 8". in a ported box. It looks just like this one:
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ508909992

The prices I am getting back seem really aggressive though. Like 1,200 with install. I really do not want to be ripped off by these audio guys. Can anyone give advice on the best way to setup a compact, clean-sounding, sub and maybe who you recommend?

The last thing I want is "high school" type bass. Where the entire car is shaking and you can't hear a thing.
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #1029
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

2003 Murano SE, worth probably $7-8000 normally, has rust on the A pillar that's pushing up the windshield enough that it leaks a bit going through a car wash (not in the rain though, yet). Got one quote for $2400 to fix, might look at one other place but I can't imagine it being a lot less than that.

What's the better way, just get it fixed and sell it, or try and sell it for a lot less ($4900 or something) with the rust?

Last edited by photon; 08-06-2013 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Typo
photon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #1030
Sliver
PC LOAD LETTER

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-bo09 View Post
After searching threads, I could not find any recent answers to audio questions, so thought I would ask it here.

I really want to put a small, clean sounding sub in my new car. After doing some research there is very little choice in town. Basically, Visions, FutureShop and some smaller garages (I see the recommendations for Mobile Automotive, but seems like overkill in this case).

The one I like is an Alpine Type R 8". in a ported box. It looks just like this one:
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ508909992

The prices I am getting back seem really aggressive though. Like 1,200 with install. I really do not want to be ripped off by these audio guys. Can anyone give advice on the best way to setup a compact, clean-sounding, sub and maybe who you recommend?

The last thing I want is "high school" type bass. Where the entire car is shaking and you can't hear a thing.
What kind of car is it? The only reason I ask is if it is on the luxury side of things, I find the insulation is so good between the trunk and the cabin now you may not even be able to hear it inside.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #1031
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
What kind of car is it? The only reason I ask is if it is on the luxury side of things, I find the insulation is so good between the trunk and the cabin now you may not even be able to hear it inside.
BMW 335. It is solid and had good insulation. I do remember back when I was in younger, my buddies ported Alpine Type R sounded way better then my 2 - 10" (non-ported box). I also don't want it to sound to crazy, but want to beef up the bass a bit from the factory.
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #1032
Sliver
PC LOAD LETTER

Exp:

Quote:
BMW 335. It is solid and had good insulation. I do remember back when I was in younger, my buddies ported Alpine Type R sounded way better then my 2 - 10" (non-ported box). I also don't want it to sound to crazy, but want to beef up the bass a bit from the factory.
Yeah, I bought a bazooka tube with a built-in amp because it was easy to wire - you just tap into the rear speakers to get your signal, then add a ground and power wire. My car is a 300c, and the insulation was so good I couldn't really hear the sub inside the car, but it sure pounded outside the car. I'm not sure if you can apply that experience to your car - maybe a BMW forum could help with that if they have an audio sub-forum. I just know that to have my sub make a noticeable difference inside the car, it had to be set at obnoxious levels for anybody outside the car and I'm way too old to be that guy. I took the sub out and will just give it to my kids in 10 years when they start driving. It is nice to have a little base, though, so hopefully you can get something to work.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Jbo
Old 08-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #1033
Hevishot
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Auto Temp North Location Ask for Tim Bruce!
Old 08-06-2013, 03:43 PM   #1034
GreatWhiteEbola
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopure View Post
brz sti?

The picture is a hyperlink, click the picture.

GreatWhiteEbola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #1035
edmontonice
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Recommend me a car!

I've accepted a temporary assignment on the east coast. I want to sell my 08 WRX and spend under 8k on a car for my 1 or 2 years there. I'm looking for a car that will deal with the weather there and I don't want to worry about beating it up a little bit. I've been looking at Outbacks but they are pretty rough on the eyes.
edmontonice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #1036
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Does it have Harmon-Kardon?

BMW electronics can be very tricky to work on. Be careful.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ironhorse For This Useful Post:
Jbo
Old 08-06-2013, 04:14 PM   #1037
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmontonice View Post
Recommend me a car!
I've accepted a temporary assignment on the east coast. I want to sell my 08 WRX and spend under 8k on a car for my 1 or 2 years there. I'm looking for a car that will deal with the weather there and I don't want to worry about beating it up a little bit. I've been looking at Outbacks but they are pretty rough on the eyes.
I'd consider keeping the WRX and driving it there. Seems like it fits the bill in terms of what you're looking for. Plus you get a nice cross-country drive out of it, which every should do at least once.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #1038
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'd consider keeping the WRX and driving it there. Seems like it fits the bill in terms of what you're looking for. Plus you get a nice cross-country drive out of it, which every should do at least once.
That always seems like a good idea until you're in the midst of it. Personally I'd put it in a shipping container and rail it out there.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #1039
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
That always seems like a good idea until you're in the midst of it. Personally I'd put it in a shipping container and rail it out there.
I did it a couple of years ago, and it was a great time. Then again, I love road trips and don't mind the distances. I'd definitely recommend dipping down into the US though, as it's a little more interesting/faster to drive through.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #1040
edmontonice
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
I'm pretty much settled on downgrading. I'm worried about rust damage and want to save as much as possible for future life events by getting rid of my car payment.

My company will ship a car for me so I have a bit of time to look for a good deal.
edmontonice is offline   Reply With Quote