Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-02-2018, 11:11 AM   #41
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Maybe they think their employees would enjoy spending two consecutive days with their families?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2018, 11:13 AM   #42
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Maybe they think their employees would enjoy spending two consecutive days with their families?
Whatever you do, don’t tell Corsi about online banking
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2018, 12:19 PM   #43
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

At the airport Friday night, super delayed flight, everyone is cranky and on edge. I understand that. One man in particular was particularly upset and several times was arguing with the gate agent for not being transparent and “honest” about the status of the flight.

The irony?

He was traveling with wife and two children. Sometime during the middle of the delay, his young son wanders over to the fire alarm. I noticed him, and so did the guy beside me, and we tried to get the youngsters attention but too latehe pulls the alarm. And then runs back to his parents who also know what happened. Firemen came, asked what happened, and disabled the alarm. Two fire trucks with full crews cane to our gate, I’m sure as per regulation.

Did the irate father take this as an opportunity to be honest and transparent with the firemen, or perhaps demonstrate such honest behavior to his children? Nope. Parents sit quietly, holding their kids, avoiding eye contact with the firemen.

Ten minutes later yelling at the gate agent again who in my opinion, was doing everything they could in a no win situation.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 02:02 PM   #44
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Freaking Google Now and it's spoiler alerts. Was camping this weekend so PVRd the game, turned off any auto alerts on my sports apps, avoided my Twitter feed to dodge spoilers, and sent out a mass text to buddies about NO SPOILERS. Turn on my phone today on the way back, Google decides I need to know and sends me an alert of the final score when I never even set it up to do that. ####!

That's happened a few times to me lately, I need to figure out how to disable that..

Last edited by Sainters7; 09-02-2018 at 02:04 PM.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2018, 02:33 PM   #45
heep223
Could Care Less

Exp:

Bank branches. I refuse to step into one anymore. They can shut down completely and the world will be a better place.
heep223 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heep223 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2018, 03:39 PM   #46
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Freaking Google Now and it's spoiler alerts. Was camping this weekend so PVRd the game, turned off any auto alerts on my sports apps, avoided my Twitter feed to dodge spoilers, and sent out a mass text to buddies about NO SPOILERS. Turn on my phone today on the way back, Google decides I need to know and sends me an alert of the final score when I never even set it up to do that. ####!

That's happened a few times to me lately, I need to figure out how to disable that..
I had almost the exact same issue with the Score app a couple years ago. Mute the scores and make sure that I will be able to watch the game later that night with no spoilers. Then I get an alert with a news article that leads with the outcome...
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 04:54 PM   #47
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Whatever you do, don’t tell Corsi about online banking
ATM withdrawal limit is $5000. E-transfer limit is $3000. Until the bank lets me actually do whatever I want with my money, without a teller and a manager to sign off on it, online banking isn't going to cut it.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 05:02 PM   #48
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
ATM withdrawal limit is $5000. E-transfer limit is $3000. Until the bank lets me actually do whatever I want with my money, without a teller and a manager to sign off on it, online banking isn't going to cut it.
Bury it.

But seriously, what’chya buyin?
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 05:35 PM   #49
iggy_oi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Have you tried calling your bank’s telephone customer service? Sometimes they’re able to help out with that kind of stuff.

Or maybe ask the cartel if they’ll take a cheque? Just tell them CP says you’re good for it.
iggy_oi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 06:05 PM   #50
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
Have you tried calling your bank’s telephone customer service? Sometimes they’re able to help out with that kind of stuff.

Or maybe ask the cartel if they’ll take a cheque? Just tell them CP says you’re good for it.
Not likely. Most limits have hard caps. Usually for money laundering reasons. Sometimes liability.

No one needs that much cash on short notice. Either plan better or wait until Tuesday.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2018, 06:49 PM   #51
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Not likely. Most limits have hard caps. Usually for money laundering reasons. Sometimes liability.

No one needs that much cash on short notice. Either plan better or wait until Tuesday.
But, but...the CRA said that they needed $10,000 in ITunes gift cards NOW! How am I supposed to get that?
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2018, 06:55 PM   #52
81MC
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
That’s incredibly ignorant.
81MC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 81MC For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2018, 07:06 PM   #53
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
That’s incredibly ignorant.
Only if he’s paying ransom to kidnappers. For everything else, my statement was true.

It sucks he may not be able to buy that car today (or whatever) but it isn’t life or death.
Old 09-02-2018, 07:15 PM   #54
4X4
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

wtf

Last edited by 4X4; 09-02-2018 at 09:15 PM.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2018, 09:24 PM   #55
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Only if he’s paying ransom to kidnappers. For everything else, my statement was true.

It sucks he may not be able to buy that car today (or whatever) but it isn’t life or death.
So gear grinders need to be life or death? Time to shut this thread down or rename it to something about dire emergencies.

Sucks cuz it was kind of fun in here.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 09:27 PM   #56
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
So gear grinders need to be life or death? Time to shut this thread down or rename it to something about dire emergencies.

Sucks cuz it was kind of fun in here.
Yes. That’s exactly what I said. Lock ‘er up.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:38 PM   #57
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

MEC's change into outdoor goods for the masses RGMG.

Once upon a time, you could count on MEC for being *the* place to go for quality goods at a good price. Either they made it themselves, or the stuff they brought in was the pro level stuff and generally bombproof. They did not suck.

Looking at their hiking shoes selection just now - it's pretty much an identical copy of what's at an Atmosphere / Sport Chek store. No Mammut, Garmont or higher end shoes. Just acres of the same Salomon, Keen, and Merrell shoes that you see everywhere.

You used to be good MEC....now you suck. Why'd you let the corporate types take over? At least REI in the States kept the quality of their goods up.

Last edited by I-Hate-Hulse; 09-03-2018 at 12:10 AM.
I-Hate-Hulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 11:50 PM   #58
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
People that work in banks or banking aren't human anyway so why would this matter.

Seriously though, its his money, not the banks. It doesn't matter why he needs it, he could be pulling it out to burn, donate to charity, buy drugs, whatever. Doesn't matter.

I've switched banks for less than that. I'd like them to treat me like an adult, not a kid asking for his allowance to blow on candy.

Last edited by btimbit; 09-03-2018 at 12:09 AM.
btimbit is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2018, 01:21 AM   #59
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe they're just trying to save him from his seemingly crushing cocaine habit.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 01:50 AM   #60
TheSutterDynasty
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Everything makes sense on that list, except the bring your own food thing. You expect your guests to buy their own food? As in you don’t want to have to feed your wife’s family when they stay with you?

That sounds hilariously unwelcoming.
Quote:
Quote:

Do you just sit in this thread and wait like a ######-hawk to swoop in with a super nitpicky comment?