Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-18-2017, 02:16 PM   #101
Plaedo
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
If you want to dangle a forward, how about Frolik? A first round pick and a decent NHL defenseman?
Wonder what kind of package would warrant Jankowski? Ready to make a push for the NHL, and could potentially be a pillar up the middle for VGK going forward...

Thoughts?
Old 06-18-2017, 02:27 PM   #102
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamesVan View Post
That's true, but we now enter into the situation Eric Duhatsyek described. Which is Vegas will be looking to be a "broker" for teams. For example, if the Flames want Marchessault, they work out a trade with Vegas for him. If they come to an agreement, Vegas chooses Marchessault and then trades him to Calgary.

This is how I thought the Flames would get their goalie. I think Vegas picks then trades 2/3 goalies.

I assume that Treliving canvassed what it would cost to get that goalie from Vegas and it was prohibitively too high, so went the trade route with Arizona.

Calgary has little to trade that other teams would covet yet Calgary would deem expendable.

They have some chips, but those chips are needed by the Flames going forward.

I doubt that Vegas would move Marchessault for Calgary's 1st round pick. Why would they, when the hope would be to get that good a player. It's not like they are in cap trouble.

It's fun to imagine Calgary improving through the Vegas expansion draft, but they just are't in much of a position to do that. Hence, why Smith is our goalie IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2017, 02:30 PM   #103
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
I wonder what it would take from the Flames to get Dumba via Vegas?

22 year old RHD from Calgary

Probably Bennett. Seriously. They won't move him for spare parts. It would take a singular player they value more.

Maybe Backlund too.

Vegas will have lots of spare parts, they will place a big value on the best player.

Old 06-18-2017, 02:42 PM   #104
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder what the cost would be to get Vegas to take Pickard from Colorado and flip him to Calgary? That is if they don't plan on taking him and keeping him for themselves.
Old 06-18-2017, 02:53 PM   #105
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
Probably Bennett. Seriously. They won't move him for spare parts. It would take a singular player they value more.

Maybe Backlund too.

Vegas will have lots of spare parts, they will place a big value on the best player.

Doubt that very much.

I would think Jankowski would get any one of the available defensemen from Vegas.

(because there won't be any Cs available to them with his upside)
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2017, 03:00 PM   #106
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Doubt that very much.

I would think Jankowski would get any one of the available defensemen from Vegas.

(because there won't be any Cs available to them with his upside)

I doubt Calgary would want to move Jankowski, as they will need to have him playing in the NHL next season.

As I've said,Calgary has some assets worth trading, but I don't see them as being expendable.

Old 06-18-2017, 03:04 PM   #107
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
I doubt Calgary would want to move Jankowski, as they will need to have him playing in the NHL next season.

As I've said,Calgary has some assets worth trading, but I don't see them as being expendable.

I doubt it too. But you said it would cost Bennett or Backlund and I was responding to that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2017, 05:32 PM   #108
Fischy13
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
What deal is that? I must have missed it.
Someone yesterday said Treliving during his fan960 interview mentioned there were a couple deals that couldn't be revealed at this time I had asked if this poster meant flames deals or deals in general. He claimed flames deals, however I went to listen to the interview and imo I'm fairly certain treliving was talking about deals in general, not flames deals.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fischy13 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2017, 05:34 PM   #109
Ziggy Lidstrom
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I would trade our first round pick this year for Josh Manson. That toughness size and top 4 ability is exceedingly rare in this league. Call George up and Say we'd dangle our pick plus maybe another prospect after they've selected him on our behalf. *dreams...
Old 06-18-2017, 05:39 PM   #110
Moneyhands23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Lidstrom View Post
I would trade our first round pick this year for Josh Manson. That toughness size and top 4 ability is exceedingly rare in this league. Call George up and Say we'd dangle our pick plus maybe another prospect after they've selected him on our behalf. *dreams...
I'd trade this years 1st and a prospect like Phillips for him.

But I think Vegas would be better off just keeping him

Last edited by Moneyhands23; 06-18-2017 at 05:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Moneyhands23 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2017, 05:51 PM   #111
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fischy13 View Post
Someone yesterday said Treliving during his fan960 interview mentioned there were a couple deals that couldn't be revealed at this time I had asked if this poster meant flames deals or deals in general. He claimed flames deals, however I went to listen to the interview and imo I'm fairly certain treliving was talking about deals in general, not flames deals.
Huh, ok. I must have misread oilfan's post, I thought he was speaking about some specific islanders and habs deal.
Old 06-18-2017, 06:03 PM   #112
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Manson is worth a lot more than that.
The Following User Says Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2017, 06:07 PM   #113
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Manson is worth a lot more than that.
But it would be extremely unwise to pay more than that.
Old 06-18-2017, 07:02 PM   #114
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Huh, ok. I must have misread oilfan's post, I thought he was speaking about some specific islanders and habs deal.
not sure if this is what he is referring to but there is a rumor that the Isles and Habs got close to a Hamonic/Galchenyuk swap before the freeze and it may still go through when the freeze lifts. Not reported by anyone with a lot of credibility though AFAIK

Last edited by sureLoss; 06-18-2017 at 07:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2017, 07:31 PM   #115
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
There's a rumour the Ducks have already traded something to Vegas to ensure they won't take Manson. Rumour is theyll take Vatanen. Guess we'll see
Old 06-18-2017, 07:45 PM   #116
iloveicedhockey
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I've just read a story on tsn suggesting the deal is to leave Manson and Vatanen alone. I'm not sure though because that'd have to be a huge payment in terms of picks and prospects. Maybe they feel it's win now or never.
Old 06-18-2017, 07:59 PM   #117
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveicedhockey View Post
I've just read a story on tsn suggesting the deal is to leave Manson and Vatanen alone. I'm not sure though because that'd have to be a huge payment in terms of picks and prospects. Maybe they feel it's win now or never.
They are a division rival as well, add that in. They have no first this year too. Theodore+Ritchie?
Old 06-18-2017, 07:59 PM   #118
bigrangy
Franchise Player

Exp:

If I'm Vegas I'm asking for Sam Steel as payment for not taking Manson/Vatanen. He'd be a solid bet as a future top C assuming the Ducks would like that price.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:03 PM   #119
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrangy View Post
If I'm Vegas I'm asking for Sam Steel as payment for not taking Manson/Vatanen. He'd be a solid bet as a future top C assuming the Ducks would like that price.
And he has an awesome name!
Old 06-18-2017, 08:32 PM   #120
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrangy View Post
I would think he holds less value than Manson/Vatanen. Gotta be more than that if they're passing up on Manson

EDIT: did a bit more reading on Steel and he might have more trade value than I gave him credit for. I think it's closer than I did before.

Last edited by Flames Draft Watcher; 06-18-2017 at 09:40 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flames Draft Watcher For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread