Old 06-09-2021, 11:59 AM   #6141
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
This is a product ffs: https://highway-max-coloured-smoke-us.myshopify.com/
(Gender reveal tires)
Well folks. We’ve reached a new low and I think it’s time for the human experiment to end. That is the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen.

Last edited by topfiverecords; 06-09-2021 at 12:03 PM. Reason: autocorrect is always autoincorrect
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2021, 12:06 PM   #6142
DoubleF
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

As long as I see a placard, I don't really care how the person getting out of the car looks like in a handicap stall.

The gender reveal grinder was also funny, but I get it. It definitely really went off the rails in the last little bit along the lines of some people's super weird and unreasonable expectations for wedding gifting and tipping.

The gender reveal was originally perhaps something that was supposed to be intertwined with the baby shower. What got wonky was when someone found out the sex of the baby at birth or before birth and whether the baby shower was held before or after the baby was born. Furthermore, there was often external pressure to reveal this information.

I'm guessing, to address this, some couples started throwing both a gender reveal and a baby shower. Many threw a gender reveal so that those asking about it could then be given the pertinent information about whether to buy boy or girl gifts for the baby. For my first child, my wife and I elected to wait until birth to find out the sex of the baby. The amount of people who weren't family (colleagues, friends, acquaintances etc.) who were absolutely livid or confused as hell blew our minds. It's not fricken hard to buy neutral color clothing.

We had a gender reveal for the second one because it was fun and we had a few friends who were against us not having one again (umm, thanks for the free party in exchange for the ultrasound card?)

We then had a baby shower as a meet the baby after the baby was born. Having a kid is chaotic. I'd rather not have to put in the effort to meet dozens of people in one on one meetings to see my baby shortly after bringing a baby home. I'd rather one and done it.

The gender comment about gender reveals and blue and pink stereotypes made me laugh too. The way I like going about it (and I believe I read it on CP), sex is hardware, gender is software. In the past, it was always assumed it's exactly the same. But who wants to go to a black and grey "sex reveal" where the answer comes out of an envelope in combinations of X and Y?

Sort in that same line of thinking, the gender on birth certificates being such a huge argument and debate was a seemingly weird argument IMO. IMO, the best, easiest and non-debatable thing to do, if we are going to be forward thinking, is just write the chromosomes on the certificate and it will also address those with extra chromosomes. That IMO is much more black and white than gender (albeit I admit I'm not smart enough to know why it was such a huge outcry by some in the first place).
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 12:32 PM   #6143
RichieRich
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
At two-feet, I'm not sure how you differentiate if he is in the "normal" parking spot or the disabled parking spot. Obviously taking up both at that point in pretty much a 60/40 split lol. But potentially the situation was someone just giving their disabled passenger a lot of space to get out/in.
uhhhh a hard no on that. He was 80% in the not-disabled spot plus did not have a disabled tag. I checked. I was the one that had to park next to this schmuck in the disabled spot and leave enough room for my passenger to exit given their mobility issue, as well as be considerate of the next disabled spot over too (which I was).

Having had a temporary disability in the past it really REALLY opened my eyes to what disabled people deal with on a regular basis. It really disgusted me at times.

Prior to this I thought I was considerate and well meaning and generally polite about stuff prior to this issue but since then I have a whole new respect for disability allowances and ensuring their access isn't hindered.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 01:13 PM   #6144
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
Well folks. Weíve reached a new low and I think itís time for the human experiment to end. That is the dumbest thing Iíve ever seen.
Pfft. I have faith in humanity. Something dumber will be along shortly.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2021, 09:14 AM   #6145
Ashartus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Two days in a row getting stuck behind someone doing a school drop-off who, instead of pulling over and parking like everyone else (and which there was plenty of room to do) just stops in the middle of the road, blocking traffic in both directions since it is a narrow residential street, flips on their hazards, and proceeds to unload their 3 kids.
Ashartus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 09:22 AM   #6146
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashartus View Post
Two days in a row getting stuck behind someone doing a school drop-off who, instead of pulling over and parking like everyone else (and which there was plenty of room to do) just stops in the middle of the road, blocking traffic in both directions since it is a narrow residential street, flips on their hazards, and proceeds to unload their 3 kids.

Just lay on the horn till they move. Won't learn any other way.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2021, 09:26 AM   #6147
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yes. Please.

I honk at people using their "park anywhere" lights as a matter of principle. That includes work vehicles. You're not special. Your convenience does not supercede traffic laws.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2021, 09:30 AM   #6148
zamler
Franchise Player

Exp:

zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zamler For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2021, 09:59 AM   #6149
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cabs are the worst for doing that downtown. Flashers aren't the universal permission to park anywhere button.
burn_this_city is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 10:13 AM   #6150
RichieRich
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Computer auto-downloaded and installed latest Firefox version... seems really slow? I've even rebooted and it's slow still.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 10:15 AM   #6151
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

This year can ####ing die already. My partner's dad woke up with a stiff neck, chest pains, nausea and headache. We called an ambulance, thinking heart attack, but it turns out he may have meningitis.

What a ####ing year. God.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 10:30 AM   #6152
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
This year can ####ing die already. My partner's dad woke up with a stiff neck, chest pains, nausea and headache. We called an ambulance, thinking heart attack, but it turns out he may have meningitis.

What a ####ing year. God.
Sorry to hear that, I hope it works out.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2021, 10:36 AM   #6153
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
Cabs are the worst for doing that downtown. Flashers aren't the universal permission to park anywhere button.
Not just downtown. I was driving behind a cab on 28st NE which is single lane, 2-way and out of nowhere he just stopped and did a U turn in front of me. No signal or hazard lights. It’s always confusing when the vehicle ahead of you just stops out of nowhere as you have no idea what’s going on or if a situation is arising. I just don’t understand why he couldn’t just wait a few seconds to turn at the next intersection.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 06-11-2021 at 10:38 AM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 12:58 PM   #6154
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Getting notified by work of a workplace exposure and need to quarantine the day before I'm supposed to be moving...got the moving truck booked and everything. C'mon, man...

Last edited by Sainters7; 06-11-2021 at 04:13 PM.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 05:50 PM   #6155
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Getting notified by work of a workplace exposure and need to quarantine the day before I'm supposed to be moving...got the moving truck booked and everything. C'mon, man...
Is that still a thing? Feel like I havenít heard that in months.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 06:04 PM   #6156
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Ohh it's still a thing depending your industry..this is my second one since March alone.

The day before I was supposed to move, hilarious...so ridic but at the same time so predictable, have been making jokes to my buddies about it for the past month that the next one would happen the week of the move. Serenity now!!
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 07:45 PM   #6157
Amethyst
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Yeah, it's happening all the time. My work had two separate ones within the past couple weeks. (I was fortunate to have not been a close contact in either this time around).
Amethyst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 12:33 PM   #6158
Cappy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
Flashers are the universal "i know what i am doing is wrong" button
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cappy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2021, 05:58 PM   #6159
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love seeing people park in pay street parking with their flashers on. Like the Park Plus cars aren’t going to scan their plate because of their hazard lights. Licence plate usually has a screw loose to to match the one upstairs.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 07:47 PM   #6160
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Remember when good steak sales on rib eye and tenderloin every couple of weeks or so between safeway and coop? Seeing tenderloin at $19.99 every couple of months is now a huge win, lol.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post: