Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2023, 09:03 AM   #221
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMike View Post
Can someone help me understand why everyone hates Rodgers now? Is it the immunization thing?
Literally every public statement and action for the last handful of years? Disliking his diva act isn’t new but his insistence on trying to control the spotlight and making everything about Aaron all the time has exacerbated it.

It’s pretty easy to be a beloved one time Super Bowl winner and ride your fame to the HoF but ego is a hell of a thing innit?
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 09:07 AM   #222
DFO
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Jets could switch gears and chase Jackson. Seems like a better use of 1st round picks. The team is a contender for the next handful of years with all those top players on cheap contracts.
DFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 09:11 AM   #223
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFO View Post
Jets could switch gears and chase Jackson. Seems like a better use of 1st round picks. The team is a contender for the next handful of years with all those top players on cheap contracts.
Dont think they can. With their cap situation they can’t overload year 1 and make any contract to Lamar something outside of what the Ravens will instantly match. Add in the (alleged) collusion between teams and I’ll be shocked if Lamar goes anywhere. Maybe if the jets want to offer two 1sts plus more to get the Ravens to budge but right now it seems unlikely Lamar plays anywhere that’s not Baltimore
Old 03-17-2023, 09:12 AM   #224
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Can someone help me understand why everyone hates Rodgers now? Is it the immunization thing?
He is a liar and started acting like a flake after the whole thing.

He went crazy and still is crazy go look at his Twitter likes hes still on the vaxx and covid cures stuff.

He is going to be the next Theo once he is done playing.
Paulie Walnuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 09:13 AM   #225
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
I dont "hate" him per se, as i dont know him.

I will say though, that at one time he would have been one of my all-time favorite athletes of any sport. The way he handled the Favre thing was a lesson in professionalism and then his level of QBing the following decade+ was pretty much unprecedented.

But he then became bigger than the team a couple years back and turned into an all-time diva instead which, IMO, has really tarnished his legacy. I'm both happy and sad that he will be moving on as a lifelong Packer fan. The nonsense the last 2 off seasons are enough.

The immunization thing is a pffft for me as he is no different than millions of others who chose the same route, even if I disagreed with it.

Also, and it happens across all sports, fans love to tear down those who are highest in that sport.
Old 03-17-2023, 09:30 AM   #226
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
I dont "hate" him per se, as i dont know him.

I will say though, that at one time he would have been one of my all-time favorite athletes of any sport. The way he handled the Favre thing was a lesson in professionalism and then his level of QBing the following decade+ was pretty much unprecedented.

But he then became bigger than the team a couple years back and turned into an all-time diva instead which, IMO, has really tarnished his legacy. I'm both happy and sad that he will be moving on as a lifelong Packer fan. The nonsense the last 2 off seasons are enough.

The immunization thing is a pffft for me as he is no different than millions of others who chose the same route, even if I disagreed with it.

Also, and it happens across all sports, fans love to tear down those who are highest in that sport.
I think he was beloved again after the covid season. What happened after is what really made things bad.

He went dark on the Packers and made them beg through the media for him to come back. The lies about the vaccine and going on a wild rant right after it.

But stories have come out about him from some teammates that he was always a nutty guy. Kizer said the first thing Rodgers said to him was do you think 9/11 was real?
Old 03-17-2023, 10:16 AM   #227
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I’m a Packers fan and own a Rodgers jersey. The moron lied about being vaccinated and put his teammates at risk. He doubled down and guested with Alex Jones to spread his bs. Guys like Rodgers and Jones are a menace because people, unfortunately, believe what celebrities say - even stupid ones.

Rodgers can’t go fast enough for me. There are things more important than sports.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 10:49 AM   #228
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
I’m a Packers fan and own a Rodgers jersey. The moron lied about being vaccinated and put his teammates at risk. He doubled down and guested with Alex Jones to spread his bs. Guys like Rodgers and Jones are a menace because people, unfortunately, believe what celebrities say - even stupid ones.

Rodgers can’t go fast enough for me. There are things more important than sports.
Are you confusing Alex Jones and Joe Rogan?

Or did he do Jones as well?
Old 03-17-2023, 11:13 AM   #229
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
Are you confusing Alex Jones and Joe Rogan?

Or did he do Jones as well?
Sorry, yes it was Rogan. I was just reading a tweet that mentioned Jones so he was on my mind.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 02:57 PM   #230
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
So it sounds like the Jets are not offering a 2023 1st for Rodgers, but have offered a 2024 1st.

GB has zero reason to accept that. If they wait til after June 1, and then deal him, they can spread the "dead money" over 2 seasons. Which is a huge bonus to them this year.

Jets have to make it worthwhile for GB to make a deal now....and they arent.

This thing may go on for a while and the whole time there has to be pressure in the Jets front office to get him secured....they have already based their entire off-season on it occurring.
Wouldnt the Jets be on the hook for his entire salary otherwise? Its not surprising their offer isnt what Green Bay is looking for, its an awful deal for them.
GB announcing they dont want him back, along with there only being 1 suitor doesnt really help their position either.

Both teams have done a poor job of this acquisition
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 03:13 PM   #231
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think this should answer why people dislike him.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1636805454218002432
Old 03-17-2023, 03:43 PM   #232
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a loser.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 09:35 AM   #233
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFO View Post
Only cost two 1s for Lamar as well because of the non exclusive

He wants 230m guaranteed though is everyone's guess on the hold up, browns messed up the qb market so much with that Watson qb
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 04:58 AM   #234
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Steelers are signing Eagles guard Isaac Seumalo. Now that's a signing I absolutely love! Beef up that OL.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 08:36 PM   #235
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m definitely not a fan of the Cowboys management (Jerrah is the worst) but picking up Cooks and Gilmore while keeping some key defensive players is setting the team up nicely.
ben voyonsdonc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 01:15 PM   #236
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson for one year and $8m to Detroit is a bit of a headscratcher. Certainly didn't expect him to have to settle for such a short-term, prove-it kind of deal.

good for the Lions though. That secondary certainly needs help, and adding both Gardner-Johnson and Cam Sutton will be huge for them.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 02:03 PM   #237
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson for one year and $8m to Detroit is a bit of a headscratcher. Certainly didn't expect him to have to settle for such a short-term, prove-it kind of deal.

good for the Lions though. That secondary certainly needs help, and adding both Gardner-Johnson and Cam Sutton will be huge for them.
The word on the street

https://twitter.com/user/status/1637889488855736320

https://twitter.com/user/status/1637632690768707584

Last edited by ResAlien; 03-20-2023 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-20-2023, 02:40 PM   #238
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Yeah a few of these guys have had their agents tell them there would be a strong market for them only to lose out.

No one in pro sports is as petty or spiteful as NFL owners.
Old 03-20-2023, 04:53 PM   #239
Trojan97
First Line Centre

Exp:

Texans sign Dalton Schultz & Devin Singletary. Caserio's impressive offseason continues.
Trojan97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 04:53 PM   #240
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not to back the owners, as a great deal of them are probably greaseballs, but from the stuff that came out about CGJ's actions in practice witnessed by Saints beat reporters this past preseason, it sounds like calling him a distraction during his contract issue would be an understatement. To the point they were forced to get him out of the building at any cost. He's a VERY big personality, with all the pros and cons attached to that.

Love that dude, he's hilarious and there's no bigger on-field instigator in the league. But I wonder if many owners think he's overrating his worth a bit (he's rejected multi-year contracts from both the Saints and Eagles this season), combined with his antics in practice when he's unhappy with the team, and conclude it's just not worth the risk. Curious to see what he gets next off-season.

Last edited by Sainters7; 03-21-2023 at 05:45 PM.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post: