Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2022, 12:34 PM   #621
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hawkeye showed clearly over. But then again there's been issues with that technology too.

Knew it was in the when I saw Attwell's head drop in resignation that his watch was vibrating.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 01:20 PM   #622
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

All kicking off between Keane, Neville and Jimmy Floyd over Ronaldo. 🤣

Old 10-22-2022, 03:22 PM   #623
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

With Ronaldo I think both sides are to blame, although that’s only if the rumor he was willing to take a 30% wage cut is true.

To keep him around though and then not play him that much you’re just asking for something like this to shake out.

Haaland was able to get a brace today…was worried for him after his one match scoring drought.

Always good to see Liverpool lose.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2022, 03:43 PM   #624
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Keane and Ferdinand kissing Ronaldos ass is pathetic. We get it, he's your old pal. Doesn't mean you can't criticize him when he ####s on the club.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 05:22 PM   #625
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
With Ronaldo I think both sides are to blame, although that’s only if the rumor he was willing to take a 30% wage cut is true.

To keep him around though and then not play him that much you’re just asking for something like this to shake out.

Haaland was able to get a brace today…was worried for him after his one match scoring drought.

Always good to see Liverpool lose.
Heathen.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 10:28 PM   #626
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

First time I've seen liverpool not heavy favorite for top 4 since season started, even with struggles they had always been clear 2nd behind city

Right now, in american odds

City -50000
Arsenal -700
Liverpool -160
Spurs -140
Chelsea -125
United +160

Arsenal could be 14 points up on liverpool with a win at St Mary's tomorrow
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 07:31 AM   #627
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
Keane and Ferdinand kissing Ronaldos ass is pathetic. We get it, he's your old pal. Doesn't mean you can't criticize him when he ####s on the club.
He wasn't refusing to criticize him or excusing his behaviour. Agreeing that the punishment was appropriate but was questioning the treatment that led up to the event.

Was more making the point that it was over, get on with it stating the likes of Scholes had done similar (refused to turn up for a game) and that Ronaldo like Scholes had probably been fined a couple of weeks wages.

Where they differed was what he could offer the team. Keane feels he still has a lot to offer whilst Jimmy and Neville disagreed stating he was at best now a (very good) impact sub but whereas most players at that age would be happy with that Ronaldo wouldn't hence why they need to part ways.

But, yes, there was an element of an old captain trying to protect his player and I'm guessing a part of Keane lashing out at the club on how he feels they treat senior players at the end of their careers based maybe on his own experience. He's talked about this a lot.

Also talk about a rift between CR and the coaching staff and him being critical of coaching methods. If true, he absolutely needs to go. If there is one thing that has destroyed the club in the last few years it's been too much player power.

Overall, I'm happy with the way TH has managed it. Dealt with it. Minimized the drama around it. Kept it in the club and stamped his authority.

Old 10-23-2022, 07:46 AM   #628
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

there's obviously projection going on. With the way his own United career ended (plus that whole Ireland episode, to an extent), Keane probably sees parallels. I also get that as a pundit, it's probably hard to put your loyalty aside. When Solskjaer was in charge, Keane defended him and shat on the players. Now that it's about Ronaldo and ten Hag, he takes the other side.

But both Keane and Ferdinand miss the critical detail that Ronaldo has been #### this season. Ferdinand made the point that other United players were also afforded more freedom in the past and that players were treated differently. But guess what, Ferguson also only gave that freedom to players who made a difference. Ronaldo doesn't anymore. Keane also fails to understand that. Only two weeks ago, he said the PLs three best players right now are Haaland, de Bruyne and Ronaldo. That's all you need to know, really. These guys live in the past, and Neville was correct to point that out.

I also think ten Hag couldn't have handled it better. I'm sure he's pragmatic enough to leave the door open because he really can't afford not to, given that he only has Rashford and an always-injured Martial. I'm also sure he'll drop Ronaldo like a hot potato if he gets "his" striker in January, whoever that might be.
Old 10-23-2022, 10:13 AM   #629
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

As great as Lloris was Wednesday, he's had a stinker so far today.
Old 10-23-2022, 11:24 AM   #630
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

The time wasting is just ridiculous. I think Newcastle started in about the tenth minute, and I really don’t see why there’s nothing done (overall, not just in this game). The commentators gleefully chuckle that they’re trying to run down the clock and we all know what’s happening. Then the sign goes up to say 5 minutes of time. It’s not close to the real number. Part of me is thrilled because we don’t need 8 minutes of this, but it’s pretty pathetic.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 11:34 AM   #631
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wah wah wah. No different from any game.

Newcastle playing down the clock didn't beat the Spurs. Another half hour and they still weren't scoring.

Old 10-23-2022, 07:10 PM   #632
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Couple comments after the weekend.

That wee club in the North East is now top 4, and they haven't even dug into the exponential riches that they are afforded to.

And how wild would it be, if the prodigy in Arteta kept the mentor beneath him, despite Pep possessing the greatest striking season we may ever see.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 08:36 PM   #633
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Couple comments after the weekend.

That wee club in the North East is now top 4, and they haven't even dug into the exponential riches that they are afforded to.

And how wild would it be, if the prodigy in Arteta kept the mentor beneath him, despite Pep possessing the greatest striking season we may ever see.
I don’t think we have to worry about Arteta and them winning the league. There’s a long way to go and a lot to happen before that has a chance. They might not even be top four when it’s all said and done.
Old 10-23-2022, 09:09 PM   #634
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I don’t think we have to worry about Arteta and them winning the league. There’s a long way to go and a lot to happen before that has a chance. They might not even be top four when it’s all said and done.
This is going to be a wild season, who knows whats going to happen?

Having a mid-season World Cup is going to be insane.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2022, 09:24 PM   #635
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

And Jesse Marsch still has a job.
Barely.

Old 10-23-2022, 09:34 PM   #636
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
This is going to be a wild season, who knows whats going to happen?

Having a mid-season World Cup is going to be insane.
Yeah that’s a whole new wrinkle. Some of these guys are going to be exhausted (depending on how far their WC takes them), and then it’s right into the holiday season, FA Cup and a hectic new year. I think it’s hard to say how the table looks in 7-8 months regularly, but more so this year.
Old 10-23-2022, 09:39 PM   #637
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Yeah that’s a whole new wrinkle. Some of these guys are going to be exhausted (depending on how far their WC takes them), and then it’s right into the holiday season, FA Cup and a hectic new year. I think it’s hard to say how the table looks in 7-8 months regularly, but more so this year.
Oh its going to be great! Most of the major clubs are going to have players that are worn out and plain exhausted, everyone from mid-table down is going to be attacking them balls to the wall.

I would.

If I'm a mid-table manager my plan is to absolutely harvest teams for points in the back half of the schedule because their stars are going to be exhausted.

This is going to be interesting.

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2022, 10:02 PM   #638
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Regardless. He's done a decent job there.
A cohesive unit. Well drilled. And the youngest squad in the PL.
Think they'll easily make top 4.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bagor For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2022, 01:09 PM   #639
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1584621699294797827
Old 10-24-2022, 05:54 PM   #640
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone see the highlights of West Ham and Bournemouth? No idea how the first goal stood. It was basically a volleyball pass and somehow VAR lets it go? So ridiculous.

The penalty was more questionable. I thought when it was that close, talkative they weren’t giving those anymore? I guess only if it deflects though. Regardless, those penalties are tough because while it’s in the box, it gives that 70% chance at a goal for a play that was not actually a scoring chance.