Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2022, 07:30 PM   #7541
genetic_phreek
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anyone know why Coyotes are looking to move Chychryn?
If they are in selling mode, what would be the temperature to get a guy like Schmaltz? Or is he just another Mangiapane?
genetic_phreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 07:34 PM   #7542
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by genetic_phreek View Post
If they are in selling mode, what would be the temperature to get a guy like Schmaltz? Or is he just another Mangiapane?
Chychrun wants out and is injury-prone ... two reasons why they're looking to move him.

Schmaltz is a very good player. Not sure why "just another Mangiapane" would be a drawback. He can play centre and RW. Very slick player, excellent shot. But also injury-prone.

TheScorpion is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2022, 07:34 PM   #7543
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Looking at Chychrun's contract, it seems like he has a modified NTC that starts next season, so if they want to shop him to everyone they have to do it now.
Geeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Geeoff For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2022, 08:12 PM   #7544
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why does he want out anyway? Seems like a red flag when a player is getting all the ice time they can, are still young, and demand a trade.
Old 12-06-2022, 08:20 PM   #7545
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Chychrun wants to play for a contending team.

Old 12-06-2022, 08:22 PM   #7546
Kipper_3434
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Chychrun is very good in my opinion. If he's healthy he has #1 defenceman potential. Wanting out of Arizona is far from a negative, he could just want to win, or not want to play for a 3rd rate franchise.
Kipper_3434 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 08:26 PM   #7547
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

It just seems kind of entitled. He is 24 now, so he was like 22 or 23 when he first demanded a trade (it seems like a long time ago now).

I get it when a player toils in the league for a while and time is running out, but wanting to only play for a contender right out of the gate seems like a poor attitude. His job is literally to help the team contend.
Old 12-06-2022, 08:33 PM   #7548
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper_3434 View Post
Chychrun is very good in my opinion. If he's healthy he has #1 defenceman potential. Wanting out of Arizona is far from a negative, he could just want to win, or not want to play for a 3rd rate franchise.

Would be funny if the Yotes trade him to the Oilers, he'll be going from a 3rd rate to the bottom of the pile.
midniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 08:33 PM   #7549
Muffins
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Maybe the guy knows that Arizona is a dumpster fire and doesn't want to waste his career there? I honestly can't blame him, the team has shown nothing that says "we're gonna contend soon".
Old 12-06-2022, 09:51 PM   #7550
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
Why does he want out anyway? Seems like a red flag when a player is getting all the ice time they can, are still young, and demand a trade.
He wants out because after he signed his current contract, the Coyotes had fired most of their hockey ops and decided to go further into a tank rebuild instead of trying to get competitive.

Can't really blame him for wanting out. The organization changed directions on him.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2022, 11:07 PM   #7551
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't shake the feeling that Josh Anderson will be a Flame somehow by the deadline. I think our coach and Mgmt like him. I would be ok with it, but I know a lot of people would be upset.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 11:10 PM   #7552
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

I don't dislike Anderson in isolation but that contract is a dealbreaker right away.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2022, 11:13 PM   #7553
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

J.Anderson has been on Trees wishlist for half a decade. As Agent Smith says: "It is, Inevitable Mr Anderson"
Old 12-06-2022, 11:13 PM   #7554
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are there no puck carriers that can play top 9 available anymore? I'm thinking of guys hilariously enough like Milano or like Versteeg when he was playing that wouldn't cost you a premium but can be effective by playing them with premium players.

I personally don't want Anderson or Boeser given the current roster. Just not what this team needs imo.
jg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 11:25 PM   #7555
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Lots of talk about Boeser but seems a consensus that we don't need him since he is a slight improved Toffoli.

There's also talk about us being active in poking around. Question would be what would be good targets? I look at guys that might gel with Huberdeau in no particular order

Tyler Bertuzzi - (injured right now) Decent finisher
Jonathan Drouin - (injured right now...again) French connection although he also plays LW, has speed and creativity, just can't stay healthy
Andreas Athanasiou - speedy guy that can finish, similar to Duclair
Jesse Puljujarvi - speedy big body, needs a change of scenery and he's a north/south player (not likely would certainly need to be a three way trade if happens)
Tarasenko - a good finisher (if STL seems out of it, most likely would cost too much)

Not sure who else but those are guys I wouldn't mind "poking" about.
-Bertuzzi would be absolutely ideal-he has speed and grit, and can play both wings. I don't think he would come to Canada if he has a NTC, and he would be an expensive rental, as he's UFA at season's end.
-I don't think we want anything to do with Drouin. He's never going to fulfill his potential, as he's never quite fully engaged. He's the opposite of a Sutter player.
-I like Athanasiou, he's got size (6'2"), speed to burn, goal-scoring ability, and a bit of a chip on his shoulder. He would need to shore up his defensive game under Sutter though.
-I'm intrigued by PoolParty. He's too good, and has too many tools to be that bad. He needs to be locked in a room and force-fed a constant loop of Nichushkin highlights, so he can see how he should be playing. Big (6'4"), and a good skater.
-Tarasenko has a big cap-hit, but he's UFA at the end of the season, so likely a costly rental.

Just my opinions.....
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2022, 04:13 AM   #7556
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
-Bertuzzi would be absolutely ideal-he has speed and grit, and can play both wings. I don't think he would come to Canada if he has a NTC, and he would be an expensive rental, as he's UFA at season's end.
-I don't think we want anything to do with Drouin. He's never going to fulfill his potential, as he's never quite fully engaged. He's the opposite of a Sutter player.
-I like Athanasiou, he's got size (6'2"), speed to burn, goal-scoring ability, and a bit of a chip on his shoulder. He would need to shore up his defensive game under Sutter though.
-I'm intrigued by PoolParty. He's too good, and has too many tools to be that bad. He needs to be locked in a room and force-fed a constant loop of Nichushkin highlights, so he can see how he should be playing. Big (6'4"), and a good skater.
-Tarasenko has a big cap-hit, but he's UFA at the end of the season, so likely a costly rental.

Just my opinions.....
Tools scattered around the floor because of no tool box, he's as dumb as the paint on the wall in front of you.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2022, 06:36 AM   #7557
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Tools scattered around the floor because of no tool box, he's as dumb as the paint on the wall in front of you.
You know him personally?
Wastedyouth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 06:38 AM   #7558
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
I can't shake the feeling that Josh Anderson will be a Flame somehow by the deadline. I think our coach and Mgmt like him. I would be ok with it, but I know a lot of people would be upset.
That would be so Flames to almost be untied to Lucic’s albatross to only extend 5+ cap on another one.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ForeverFlameFan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2022, 07:06 AM   #7559
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

TBF there is a pretty enormous gap between current Josh Anderson and current Milan Lucic. In a few years will Anderson look like Looch? Who knows. For now Anderson would provide something the Flames don't have. How much they need it? Also up for debate.
Toonage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 07:17 AM   #7560
Moneyhands23
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

If we trade for Anderson we are so doomed. This team has its max for guys in their late 20's early 30's on high AAV's.

To compete now and going forward its prospects and or young players.

I think we have good forwards in the system (if they get a chance). This coming draft also offers up great prospects in the entire 1st round.

Draft and develop plus keeping what picks we have is key. Otherwise it's next year or bust really.
Moneyhands23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Moneyhands23 For This Useful Post: