Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2023, 04:20 PM   #6701
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Alberta Justice spokespeople deliver duelling statements on prosecutor email review

Inspires so much confidence in the investigation.
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to powderjunkie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2023, 05:25 PM   #6702
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Corrupt mother ####ers can’t even keep their lies straight.

You’d think they’d all meet together and prepare their lies so it makes sense. Hilarious how incompetent they are.
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Looch City For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2023, 08:15 PM   #6703
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Some staffers' language is more imprecise than others, they'll get onto the same level of imprecision eventually.
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 11:54 PM   #6704
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch City View Post
Lol Smith is done. Do you think she’ll return to ranting and raving on the radio when this is all over?
Smith would have been fired from her morning talk show had she not quit. Zero chance they'd take her back!
Old 01-27-2023, 11:58 PM   #6705
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
It's hilarious that Smith said she wanted to clean up the corruption when she won the leadership. Now it's way worse!
Old 01-28-2023, 07:36 AM   #6706
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Smith would have been fired from her morning talk show had she not quit. Zero chance they'd take her back!
I don’t know if they’d take her back (probably depends on how terrible the exit is here). That said, she was great as a talk show host. She had topics and comments that got people riled up and made them listen and phone/text/email. That’s the gig. It’s not the same as someone who actually makes policy or has a hand in governing.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 07:50 AM   #6707
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I don’t know if they’d take her back (probably depends on how terrible the exit is here). That said, she was great as a talk show host. She had topics and comments that got people riled up and made them listen and phone/text/email. That’s the gig. It’s not the same as someone who actually makes policy or has a hand in governing.
Dude, she was a massive contributor to the misinformation that has ####ed up society so much. The only place I want to see her is back serving tables at her little train restaurant. The sooner the better.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 08:01 AM   #6708
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Dude, she was a massive contributor to the misinformation that has ####ed up society so much. The only place I want to see her is back serving tables at her little train restaurant. The sooner the better.
Yeah… but she was great at it.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2023, 09:09 AM   #6709
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Yeah… but she was great at it.
Another great opportunity to share this tweet:

https://twitter.com/user/status/831805955402776576
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2023, 09:22 AM   #6710
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1619334486600171521
Yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 09:35 AM   #6711
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

It seems 46% of Albertans are stupid!
Old 01-28-2023, 10:05 AM   #6712
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m actually starting to thinking Yoho is a performance artist. They are hitting all the tropes lol
Bonded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 10:58 AM   #6713
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
That poll has Notley with a 7 point lead in Calgary. If those numbers in that poll held, she would probably be the Premier.

Last edited by Aarongavey; 01-28-2023 at 11:02 AM.
Aarongavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 11:17 AM   #6714
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hmm. Mainstreet Research. They have a good track record. A sample of 646 people? It's such a simple question, how could they only sample 646 people?
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 11:32 AM   #6715
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Hmm. Mainstreet Research. They have a good track record. A sample of 646 people? It's such a simple question, how could they only sample 646 people?
Your ROI on a poll with 2000 versus 600 is minimal. Much higher cost for small changes in the margin of error. That being said, Alberta is tough to poll completely accurately without a larger sample, as the donut ridings around Edmonton are included in rural in most polls but they act differently than most rural ridings.

That being said a +7 for Notley in Calgary is something to watch. What most polls seem to be showing is that Smith is stronger in rural Alberta than Kenney. That being said, I suspect she still loses a number of rural seats that are traditionally considered rural (Banff Kananskis, potentially the other Lethbridge riding, a number around Edmonton). But if the +7 is accurate she is likely rolling at +12 or so north of Glenmore. Those are numbers that she can work with. Give Smith Three Hills, Two Hills, all the hills. Win the cities and pick up a few rural seats.
Aarongavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 12:57 PM   #6716
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Yeah…that’s the point of talk radio. No one cares about calling in to say “I agree”. And if they do, no one wants to listen to that. They want controversy.

I’m not saying she had a great message and I know you disagree with her on basically everything.
Old 01-28-2023, 01:30 PM   #6717
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah…that’s the point of talk radio. No one cares about calling in to say “I agree”. And if they do, no one wants to listen to that. They want controversy.

I’m not saying she had a great message and I know you disagree with her on basically everything.
Spreading misinformation is not the point of talk radio. You know exactly the point that is being made here and you’re passing it off as your standard difference of opinion like it’s the same as Pinder and Steinberg arguing about a player.

You’re smarter than this.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2023, 02:29 PM   #6718
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anybody can sell their dignity and be a provocative idiot. Some people are able to make that really entertaining, such that we can acknowledge/excuse the performative aspect of their craft.

But it takes a special kind of loser to enjoy their own farts so much that their ego derives such pleasure from peddling this tripe to the gullible, to the point where they forget they are just a shyster/agitor, but instead start to believe they are actually a divine revolutionary.
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 02:42 PM   #6719
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Spreading misinformation is not the point of talk radio. You know exactly the point that is being made here and you’re passing it off as your standard difference of opinion like it’s the same as Pinder and Steinberg arguing about a player.

You’re smarter than this.
Sure, the point isn't pure misinformation and I don't disagree with that. But she talked about a lot of topics aside from vaccines in her radio days.
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2023, 02:55 PM   #6720
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Sure, the point isn't pure misinformation and I don't disagree with that. But she talked about a lot of topics aside from vaccines in her radio days.
Like when she had an idiotic Frasier Institute stooge on, riled up her audience about US taxes being lower, but neither of them seemed to understand how tax brackets work, and neglected to mention how our taxes include things like healthcare? That was really beneficial stuff.

She's an idiot who doesn't understand anything. She may be "well spoken" which hides to causal listeners her complete lack of an ability to understand topics or question ridiculous points. Typically a caller would call in with something outlandish, and she'd say "wow, that's interesting, I wasn't aware of that, let me look into it" and then she'd use confirmation bias to find someone who could discuss this topic, have them on a few days later, and sometimes she'd pretend to be the balance to the stupidity, but never provide any real opposition to it. Other times she would celebrate it like cold fusion had been achieved.

Her problem is her bull#### meter is so dysfunctional that she gets herself into trouble all the time. "I'm not interested in hearing from experts anymore" should be sign enough to any intelligent reasoning person that she isn't qualified to do more than serve pancakes.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post: