Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2023, 11:17 PM   #1
Bingo
Owner

Exp:
Default Kings 8 Flames 2

Kings 8 Flames 2

- Man what can you say ...
- Skaters terrible
- Goaltenders terrible
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 11:21 PM   #2
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kings were good, so I guess there's that.

Might be the most under-rated team in the league right now.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2023, 12:01 AM   #3
Draug
First Line Centre

Exp:

Thank you for continuing to write these game stories. It must be quite a grind this season. I appreciate them; always read them through a couple hours after the game, kind of like a second set of eyes : )
Draug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Draug For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2023, 12:10 AM   #4
soulchoice
First Line Centre

Exp:

Bingo, was that the first time in a while that the a Backlund line has been under water percentage wise? By that, I mean easily sub 40% or more.
soulchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 05:02 AM   #5
Flamesfan05
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

You are correct, his team mates were worse but Markstrom wasn’t any good, especially for 6.5M

If someone wants him, they should trade him.
Flamesfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 06:43 AM   #6
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah I don’t know a fan of the team can’t be worried about Huberdeau and Kadri at this point.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2023, 08:00 AM   #7
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

I don't know who it was dis crediting Loubardias the other day but they claimed to have heard Pete mentioning Huberdeau is still reeling from the trade and is still in full SULK mode as a result.

I kind of have to agree with Loubardias more than a poster that doesn't think Lou is an insider into what goes on behind closed doors of the Calgary Flames.

I think he needs to grow up . Weeger hasn't had a problem and has just elevated his game. I think back to when Lindholm and Hanifan arrived I think they both showed a major upside and now are 2 very good players.

It's a tough year. They happen. I see a huge leap happening this off-season in getting guys off the books and bringing In some fresh young dynamic players who's skill and speed and experience as champions on lesser levels yes...but brings some serious enthusiasm going forward.

I don't blame anyone in particular but Jonathan needs to detach from the Panthers and actually become a flame and be HIS best he can be .

Its a tough life lesson and he's likely getting some tough love but it's up to him ...stay stuck in resignation OR ....help blow the doors off and get this team past mediocrity or just stay mediocre.

Don't mean that sarcastically either. It's a bad culture the Flames have alm9st always had ....and then occasionally this team can't be beat. 1989...2004...Hon mention 1986.
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 08:15 AM   #8
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Loubardias had a very good analysis the other day, contrasting Weegar and Huberdeau.

Huberdeau is an incredibly talented player, great junior career, 3rd overall pick and was in the NHL at 19. He has seen success at every step.

Weegar is a 7th round pick who would not have been projected to make the NHL. He played in the ECHL and three different AHL teams. He has overcome the odds and battled his way to get here. This is probably not the first time he has had a coach tell him he needs to be better.

It is interesting that Huberdeau signed his Flames contract so quickly when it's clear that the trade was a shock to him and he wasn't all in on being a Flame necessarily. That tells me he really valued the security and knowing that he was wanted. All totally understandable. Now he has a coach who clearly believes that the way to get the most out of elite athletes is to push them out of their comfort zone and maybe we shouldn't be shocked at the result.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2023, 09:19 AM   #9
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

bingo - i hope that you guessed the score by the end of the second period and went to bed at a decent time
Old 03-21-2023, 11:37 AM   #10
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

haha fire team bad.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 11:47 AM   #11
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Don't worry guys, this is a good team and if we make it to the playoffs teams will be scared to play us.
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 11:53 AM   #12
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

Right now only the only people they are scaring is their fans.
Goriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 02:34 PM   #13
Mathgod
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Loubardias had a very good analysis the other day, contrasting Weegar and Huberdeau.

Huberdeau is an incredibly talented player, great junior career, 3rd overall pick and was in the NHL at 19. He has seen success at every step.

Weegar is a 7th round pick who would not have been projected to make the NHL. He played in the ECHL and three different AHL teams. He has overcome the odds and battled his way to get here. This is probably not the first time he has had a coach tell him he needs to be better.

It is interesting that Huberdeau signed his Flames contract so quickly when it's clear that the trade was a shock to him and he wasn't all in on being a Flame necessarily. That tells me he really valued the security and knowing that he was wanted. All totally understandable. Now he has a coach who clearly believes that the way to get the most out of elite athletes is to push them out of their comfort zone and maybe we shouldn't be shocked at the result.
The main goal for next season should be to do whatever it takes to get Huby, Kadri, Mang out of their funks. The team will not have success if those 3 continue to struggle.