Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2020, 12:36 AM   #1021
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
He was fouled pretty blatantly. And if they call that foul, he is on the line to tie the game. But they didn't and it goes the other way to make it a 4 pt game again
That was not a foul. Didn't look like a foul in real time and not a foul in slow mo after.

He's not Lebron. He wasn't on a breakaway, why not wait for your teammates?
Boston was soooo cold the last 5 possessions.
Old 09-12-2020, 12:42 AM   #1022
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
That was not a foul. Didn't look like a foul in real time and not a foul in slow mo after.

He's not Lebron. He wasn't on a breakaway, why not wait for your teammates?
Boston was soooo cold the last 5 possessions.
It sounds like poor loser but really Toronto lost this game more than Boston won it.

Of course if Toronto had pulled out the win the Celtics would say the same and be totally right.

Both teams played poorly but the Celtics were just missing shots while the Raps were turning it over stupidly and not boxing out on a free throw which is brutal. Raps made more blatant dumb mistakes.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 12:51 AM   #1023
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
It sounds like poor loser but really Toronto lost this game more than Boston won it.

Of course if Toronto had pulled out the win the Celtics would say the same and be totally right.

Both teams played poorly but the Celtics were just missing shots while the Raps were turning it over stupidly and not boxing out on a free throw which is brutal. Raps made more blatant dumb mistakes.
It is completely mind boggling that after Theis gets pulled out with 10 mins left in the game they don't put Ibaka or even Gasol in the game and just heave alley oops for the next 8 minutes.

Lowry's 4th foul was just completely stupid and unnecessary. He was the only person who could have saved the Raptors in the final minute.
Old 09-12-2020, 06:22 AM   #1024
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was just reading Jayson Tatum's wiki to see where he was drafted, and an interesting tidbit in his personal life was that he is good friends with Matthew Tkachuk (from his personal section). Also interesting his grandfather played in the NBA, and he's cousins with Tyronn Lue.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluejays For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2020, 08:03 AM   #1025
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's pretty crazy that with a minute left in the series they had the ball with a chance to tie or win. They had played maybe 6 good quarters all series, yet they had a chance for one of the great thefts in playoff history. I don't even know how much credit you can really give Boston for how bad they were most of the series, it was mostly down to poor execution and poor shooting. Mostly disappointing because Miami should have been pretty easy to beat, so feels like a blown opportunity. Not that it matters because the winner of the LA Derby is gonna be the champ because the East sucks, but you still can't win the lottery without a ticket.

As for Siakam, obviously very disappointing, he didn't even need to be appreciably better than the crap he was and they win it. I don't think they should have benched him because even with him being crap offensively he was still a very good defender. But they maybe should have given Boucher a few minutes to see if he could give them any kind of spark offensively. Feel for Lowry because even though he didn't have it last night, he still put it all out there. I think even he knows that's probably it for this window to win.

Fun offseason ahead. It's basically back to the DeMar years with a great team that is lacking the superstar. Another puzzle to solve for Masai and Co.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:52 AM   #1026
Saint Troy
First Line Centre

Exp:

This one is going to sting for a while, Boston desperately tried to blow that game, and the Raps did their best to hand it back. Nurse is going to kick himself for playing Gasol and Pascal so much, when they clearly were shot confidence wise.

Saint Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 09:21 AM   #1027
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

At the end of the day you have to remember all the "experts" were writing them off after Kwahi left. So they did damn well to push it to game 7 in round 2. Remember Boston wiped the floor with Philly (supposed east contender) in the first round.

This team has a great president, GM (TBD, no sure he's done too much yet), and a great coach.

Let's see what they do to add to this team. I think both Gasol and Ibaka are gone. Monsy will decide FVV's future in Toronto.

East will change in next couple of years, Philly is likely getting torn down. Greek likely leaving Milwaukee. Healthy Durant and Kyrie in Brooklyn. Boston will be a force.

At the end of the day, being a Flames fan and literally seeing one decent year in last 25 years makes me appreciate this golden age of Raptors ball. At least they got to the top. Next few years is clean, win or lose.

Lowry is the greatest Raptor of all time and Marcus Smart can f off.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 11:09 AM   #1028
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Whatever, I like Marcus Smart. So sue me. I wish we had a bunch of players like him on the Raptors.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2020, 10:24 PM   #1029
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

No thanks, the guy whined non-stop and spent all his time flopping on the floor.
The Following User Says Thank You to Da_Chief For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2020, 06:17 AM   #1030
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
No thanks, the guy whined non-stop and spent all his time flopping on the floor.
So basically what Lebron does? Is this your first time watching basketball? Almost everyone does this to try and gain an advantage with the refs, some do it more than others. They do it because it works. It's part of winning basketball, for better or worse.

He also played great defense, had a ton of steals, took charges, got rebounds, and made big shots. He was a major factor in their series win.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 06:58 AM   #1031
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
So basically what Lebron does? Is this your first time watching basketball? Almost everyone does this to try and gain an advantage with the refs, some do it more than others. They do it because it works. It's part of winning basketball, for better or worse.

He also played great defense, had a ton of steals, took charges, got rebounds, and made big shots. He was a major factor in their series win.
If you think what Smart does is same as is same what every other NBA player does then obviously this is your first time watching some basketball. Theres a difference between playing hard and trying to get calls vs flopping on every possession (as shown by his publicly announced fine during the series). Don't worry the panthers will be back on tv soon and losing as usual so you can go back to them. You gave basketball a try bud.
Old 09-13-2020, 08:48 AM   #1032
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not sure about anyone else, but I'm pulling for the Heat.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 10:11 AM   #1033
Kasi
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Heat and Lakers here. (Denver I don’t think has a chance and I don’t like Kawhi)
Kasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 01:47 PM   #1034
Kasi
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Hmm maybe Denver does have a chance. Wtf happened in the second half there?
Kasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 06:51 AM   #1035
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasi View Post
Hmm maybe Denver does have a chance. Wtf happened in the second half there?
The Nuggets just got hot with shooting and the Clippers went cold, what a turn around for the Nuggets. Don't watch much basketball but bring on game 7 and it should be a thriller.

Old 09-14-2020, 08:31 PM   #1036
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
I know it's a homer board on here but Kyle Lowry is biggest whiniest whiner in NBA history. He could contend with Gretzky as the biggest whiner in sports.

Every single play he whines! It's so annoying. and same with Nurse.

Course they both get passes since they won the Larry OB last year!
Old 09-14-2020, 08:44 PM   #1037
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
I know it's a homer board on here but Kyle Lowry is biggest whiniest whiner in NBA history. He could contend with Gretzky as the biggest whiner in sports.

Every single play he whines! It's so annoying. and same with Nurse.

Course they both get passes since they won the Larry OB last year!
Who gives him a pass? I think everyone is well aware of his antics. He is the classic player that you love when he is on your team, hate when you are against him. Smart did take it to a new level with his post game taunting though, that is uncalled for.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:30 PM   #1038
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Siakim should be watching Butler last minute highlights for the rest of the off season.

and BAM with the block of the year!
Old 09-15-2020, 08:51 PM   #1039
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kawhi probably wishing he had stayed now. Broke the Drake Curse and would have cruised to another ring, instead a humiliating playoff exit. At least LA has nice weather or some such ####.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:08 PM   #1040
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Kawhi probably wishing he had stayed now. Broke the Drake Curse and would have cruised to another ring, instead a humiliating playoff exit. At least LA has nice weather or some such ####.

Paul George has been terrible, glad the Raptors didn't fall into that trap.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drake curse lifted , rtz , we the defending champs