Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2017, 10:20 AM   #21
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
No way...keep that line together. If nothing else he provides energy which is more than I can say about some other guys.
Yeah, plus I don't know anyone else who can skate with Jankowski and Bennett. You don't want Versteeg on that line, nor Glass or Hamilton. I suppose Brouwer could get a look, not for his skating, but just because he seems more energized and might actually click somehow.

When Jagr comes back you could put Ferland on that line, use Lazar as a fourth line C, with Brouwer and Versteeg. You need to waive Glass, Familton or Stajan in order to do so. And I see all three clearing (though I don't like waiving Stajan after what he's done, and Familton serves a useful designated sitter role).

Gaudreau-Monahan-Jagr
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Bennett-Jankowski-Ferland/Lazar
Versteeg-Lazar-Brouwer
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2017, 10:50 AM   #22
FBI
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stajan should definitely be scratched tonight. back to back game, played terribly last night and is old and slow.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:02 AM   #23
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime GFG View Post
Don't really want to start a new thread for this, so why not in here on a game day? Doughty, Kopitar & Brown debating who will mark Karlsson in OT:

http://www.thehockeybible.net/nhl/do...-is-hilarious/

Pretty funny.
OH crap. I thought they were mic'd up and was wondering where the eff was the sound? haha
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Makarov For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2017, 11:05 AM   #24
Zoller
Scoring Winger

Exp:

As mentioned in the PGT yesterday

Lack has some spectacular numbers against St. Louis

6-0
1.61 GAA
0.938 SV%

Probably as good a time as any to give him a game.

That said I wouldn't be surprised nor upset if Smith started again. He's playing some of the best hockey of his career for us so far. He's also proven to be able to handle a starters work load.
Zoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:06 AM   #25
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
OH crap. I thought they were mic'd up and was wondering where the eff was the sound? haha
Ditto.
MillerTime GFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:08 AM   #26
Bourque's Twin
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI View Post
Stajan should definitely be scratched tonight. back to back game, played terribly last night and is old and slow.
Agreed. Jankowski being called up is the beginning of the end for Stajan.
Bourque's Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:22 AM   #27
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Calgary Flames @NHLFlames
Glen Gulutzan has confirmed Eddie Lack will start tonight. #CGYvsSTL
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2017, 11:36 AM   #28
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Those retro Blues jerseys are works of art. Nobody wonders why the Original Six are still rocking the same gear as when they joined the league (with minor touch ups, obviously)

Why can't teams just pick a color scheme and stick with it? The Ducks need to be eggplant and teal, the Sharks need to bring back their original threads full time, the Wild colors should be green and yellow, and the Flames should be bright red with a white flaming C.

Jankowski scores his first goal tonight. Bennett has two points and a fight. Lack with the win.

Also, I like what I see from Monahan on the physical front. He's made plays to separate guys from the puck in the last two games that I have never seen him make in the previous four years of his career. He's no Tkachuk, but as he's never been so much as rude to an opposition player before, I'll take it.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:37 AM   #29
camm13
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Lazar needs to see the press box for a few games. and stay about 10 hours after practice to work on his shot. He redefines the term hands of stone.
Lazar needs to get into the rhythm of games by playing, not sitting in the box. It'll come together, plus half the passes hes gotten have been in his skates.

Last edited by camm13; 10-25-2017 at 02:18 PM.
camm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to camm13 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2017, 11:54 AM   #30
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hoping for a good start from Lack, team needs to have confidence in their backup and Lack really needs confidence after last season.
Beninho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:57 AM   #31
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Really want to see Hathaway called up. He brings possession, energy and speed to the fourth line role!
GullFoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GullFoss For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2017, 12:24 PM   #32
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I suppose Lack has to start eventually. The issue to me is that the Flames give up so many good scoring chances that good or average goaltending will not suffice. Hopefully he's really good tonight otherwise the team has little chance to win this one without a lot of goal support.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 12:27 PM   #33
theg69
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullFoss View Post
Really want to see Hathaway called up. He brings possession, energy and speed to the fourth line role!
Respectfully disagree. I think people overrate Hathaway. There is a reason he isn't on the NHL roster - I agree with the energy aspect but his possession metrics stink. https://flamesnation.ca/2017/05/30/t...-new-contract/

I loved our balanced lineup in the last couple of games - with glass not playing and the bottom six not being a liability. I wouldn't change a thing until Jagr is healthy.
theg69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 12:27 PM   #34
Gallick
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Watching this with my Blues fanatic best friend. Always a good time.

These classic Blues jerseys not existing this year is a crime against hockey fashion. What a gorgeous kit!
Gallick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 12:28 PM   #35
locsofblu
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hopefully a solid effort tonight from everyone. Good luck tonight Lack and Go Flames Go.
locsofblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 12:51 PM   #36
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I suppose Lack has to start eventually. The issue to me is that the Flames give up so many good scoring chances that good or average goaltending will not suffice. Hopefully he's really good tonight otherwise the team has little chance to win this one without a lot of goal support.
perhaps they will play with more attention to the defensive side of the game knowing the backup's playing. Mind you, that's been completely unheard of for the flames for over a decade, so wishful thinking i suppose.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 12:56 PM   #37
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Discipline is the name of the game. If the Flames can stay out of the box they will have a fighting chance at success.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 12:59 PM   #38
Har-Calgary
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

If flames win today then they'll accomplish the goal I set for them. 6 wins in October (12 games). GFG!
Har-Calgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 01:01 PM   #39
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI View Post
Stajan has some utility left on the PK. While I agree that he should be employed in a more limited roll, having a fourth liner that can kill penalties has some value. That being said, if he plays like he did last night a few more times, he will probably start watching more games than he plays.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 01:24 PM   #40
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
Stajan has some utility left on the PK. While I agree that he should be employed in a more limited roll, having a fourth liner that can kill penalties has some value. That being said, if he plays like he did last night a few more times, he will probably start watching more games than he plays.
I haven't minded Stajan most games this year. Last night wasn't good. I, as people here know, have defended him during his whipping boy phase. But if he truly has only use as a PKer and very average to poor fourth liner, he needs to sit or be waived. I just hate to see the latter at this point in his career, in what is probably his last contract (last year I said I wouldn't mind him re-signed on a low cost contract, but time may have caught up to him).
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:

Tags
go flames , go for two , legendary , make them humble , win