Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-13-2018, 04:21 PM   #2041
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
He'll probably get $45M over four years or something. He'll be fine.
I'm skeptical he will get $45 million guaranteed as the Steelers offered him $70 million with about $34 guaranteed. I just don't see what he gained from this outside of being healthy for free agency. He's not going to recoup the $14.5 million he lost this season and he won't be quite as quick of a runner as he was in 2017 because he's going to be 27 in February and it's the nature of the position they age in dog years so he's got one or two prime years left and I'm not sure how many teams are going to want to guarantee him a contract into 30. I won't be surprised if an idiot like Gruden offers him an overpayment but if he's not likely to land with a Super Bowl contender with his money expectations and maybe he's okay with that. It's going to be really interesting to see how things shake out for him in free agency.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:25 PM   #2042
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Watch the game in LA get postponed because the smoke from the fires makes it unsafe. What a debacle for the league and it could get worse.
The grass has been an issue in Mexico City for two straight years. Not sure why the NFL wasn't more involved with getting the field prepared this season.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:26 PM   #2043
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

phhhhffffttt concacaf'd

NFL ain't real until they're playing games in San Pedro Sula at 2PM.

GirlySports is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2018, 04:27 PM   #2044
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I'm skeptical he will get $45 million guaranteed as the Steelers offered him $70 million with about $34 guaranteed. I just don't see what he gained from this outside of being healthy for free agency. He's not going to recoup the $14.5 million he lost this season and he won't be quite as quick of a runner as he was in 2017 because he's going to be 27 in February and it's the nature of the position they age in dog years so he's got one or two prime years left and I'm not sure how many teams are going to want to guarantee him a contract into 30. I won't be surprised if an idiot like Gruden offers him an overpayment but if he's not likely to land with a Super Bowl contender with his money expectations and maybe he's okay with that. It's going to be really interesting to see how things shake out for him in free agency.
If he suffered a torn ACL this year, he ends up probably losing $20M-$30M, so I do think it was a wise gamble on his part. He also picked a good year to do this because I would argue that 8 of the 10 teams with the most cap space in 2019 have big holes at RB. The man is going to get paid.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 04:30 PM   #2045
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

And it's not like Bell has a reputation as a loafer or anything, he plays hard when he's out there. He's also an elite receiving threat, and one of the best pass blocking backs in the league. This is also a league where criminal behavior is tolerated if the talent is there. Holding out isn't even close to some of the #### NFL teams overlook when giving guys deals.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:53 PM   #2046
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

I'm surprised he didn't report. Thought he'd come in and burn the contract year.

But as the better teams do....the Steelers find a less expensive nearly as effective replacement.

As most bad teams do...someone else will pay big Monday to try and buy yesterday's production that's likely not there. Although there probably are two to three good years left. Can't hurt to have a guy like Peterson having a resurgent year. Bell has less mileage and less injuries so someone will think they can get high end production.