Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-13-2018, 04:42 PM   #3961
1qqaaz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Some people just straight up don't deserve to live and their death would make the world a better place. The world is full of people who are beyond trying to get them to see the big picture, or to empathize with others. Funny because no one likes to talk about it. Heck I've wanted to bring it up a bunch of times, but you probably end up on some FBI watch list. But in the end you're dealing with a narcissistic sociopath who has no qualms when it comes to destroying the planet with his views on global warming, dealing with a nuclear North Korea, or dancing with the devil in Putin. He doesn't view people like normal people do. So therefore you can't try to negotiate or talk to him like you do normal folks.

It needs to be said; the world would be a better place without Trump one way or another. Maybe it's a bit hyperbolic, but when you consider his stance on global warming in particular, he's actually a threat to humanity and our future on this planet. Why would he care at all about it? He's 72 and will be dead sooner rather than later. So why not try to line his pockets as best he can now.

The man's a threat, and while I'd love to see his empire fall and him stand trial, I'd rejoice just as easily if I woke up tomorrow with news of him having a heart attack.
Objectively, this may very well be true.

But I think it's healthier to hope that he performs well.
People here are considerably divided. Most are afraid to even bring up politics now. But at the end of the day, everyone is hoping for the country to succeed. Hoping for the president's death isn't going to bring this country together.
1qqaaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 04:43 PM   #3962
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
The thing I keep wondering is what happens next if he died in office? Mike Pence would be the president and Trump would be a martyr? Best case scenario is getting overwhelmingly voted out in 2020 and subject of scandal and criminal investigations for the rest of his life. We can survive a couple years especially with some oversight from a democratic house.
I stumbled across this over the weekend somehow.
Check out the responses to Pence, he doesn't seem well liked.

https://twitter.com/statuses/1061609762608082945
Old 11-13-2018, 04:43 PM   #3963
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
The thing I keep wondering is what happens next if he died in office? Mike Pence would be the president and Trump would be a martyr? Best case scenario is getting overwhelmingly voted out in 2020 and subject of scandal and criminal investigations for the rest of his life. We can survive a couple years especially with some oversight from a democratic house.
This is the best case scenario, when everyone is home:
Spoiler!
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2018, 04:52 PM   #3964
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
I think what I resent most about this man is how quickly he has been able to get me to root for his death. I don't root for anyone to die. In eight years of Bush/Cheney, I never once wanted to see either lying in a pool of their own blood and ####. I don't dream of the day Putin has a bag put over his head, I took no pleasure seeing Saddam hang, and I would've loved nothing more than to watch Osama bin Laden stand trial.

This guy, on the other hand...
Yah, but what if say, late one night, while Trump is frothing at the mouth watching CNN, madly tweeting away, and then chokes on his fried chicken. He cries for help, and Pence comes running in. But instead of helping, Pence looks on calmly while President Dotard chokes to death on fried chicken.

Next thing you know, we get President Mike Pence, who is probably even scarier to deal with than Trump.

Let that sink in for a minute...
The Yen Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 04:54 PM   #3965
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy City View Post
Has anyone confirmed if this is true?
I’d put money on it not being true. I just read Woodward’s book and many on his senior staff say that he’s incapable of being truthful.

Last edited by MoneyGuy; 11-13-2018 at 04:56 PM.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2018, 04:58 PM   #3966
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Longing for the days when presidential scandals included tan suits and putting mustard on a burger. Disclaimer: I love mustard.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2018, 05:15 PM   #3967
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yen Man View Post
Yah, but what if say, late one night, while Trump is frothing at the mouth watching CNN, madly tweeting away, and then chokes on his fried chicken. He cries for help, and Pence comes running in. But instead of helping, Pence looks on calmly while President Dotard chokes to death on fried chicken.

Next thing you know, we get President Mike Pence, who is probably even scarier to deal with than Trump.

Let that sink in for a minute...

That just conjured up images of Zorg choking in "The Fifth Element".
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2018, 05:28 PM   #3968
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Why is Melania publicly calling out for that aide to be fired? She could just talk to....I don’t know.....her husband? I find it really strange. There has to be more to the story for her to release a statement like that.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 06:20 PM   #3969
bob-loblaw
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default American Politics Thread: Orange is the new POTUS [Part 2]

I think they just don't have anything to Tweet in support of Trump Tweets for the past four days. They could be silent until 2020.
bob-loblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 06:45 PM   #3970
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
Why is Melania publicly calling out for that aide to be fired? She could just talk to....I donít know.....her husband? I find it really strange. There has to be more to the story for her to release a statement like that.
It sounded like it was her "office" that called for the firing, after she pissed them off on the Melania to Africa trip. I doubt Melania even knows or cares who she is.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 07:29 PM   #3971
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qqaaz View Post
Objectively, this may very well be true.

But I think it's healthier to hope that he performs well.
People here are considerably divided. Most are afraid to even bring up politics now. But at the end of the day, everyone is hoping for the country to succeed. Hoping for the president's death isn't going to bring this country together.
While you're back in November 2016, put some money on the Penguins to repeat.

It's healthier to root for his opponents to use every legal weapon in the arsenal to bring him to justice. And it would be most helpful if he Roger Ailes'd it immediately after losing power.

As someone said, 'death is the solution to all problems - no man, no problem'.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:30 PM   #3972
OMG!WTF!
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm in the middle of doing my good deed for like the next century and old people really do watch Fox news really loud all day. But what really amazes me is they leave it on all night too. A constant steady drip. Every twenty minutes all night was the My Pillow commercial, the Omaha Steaks commercial, two lawyers yelling at me about getting some money if I ever took one of the following horrible medications that will kill me before I ever get my money anyway. Then breaking news!

What I did not realize is how stupid Fox news really is. They're still mad at Obama and Hillary. And literally none of the Mueller indictees should be charged because Obama lied about keeping your doctor and your premiums not going up. So it's ok to hire foreign agents to rig your election because Obama did (sort of) it.

And they're so mad at the black woman in Florida who runs the elections. She is the devil and should be subject to Florida's harshest capital punishment. Somehow counting votes over and counting every vote is undemocratic. Like wouldn't there be just as much of a chance at having republican votes as democrat votes no matter when they come in?

Why is the tv so loud? It makes me want to cry.
OMG!WTF! is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2018, 08:10 PM   #3973
New Era
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Some people just straight up don't deserve to live and their death would make the world a better place.

While there are some extreme exceptions to the rule, I just can't wish for someone's earthly demise. That includes Trump. What would be much more enjoyable would be to watch him disgraced by being removed from office, his kids go to jail, all of his properties be seized, and him die of old age as a pauper. I'm not sure the universe could deal with that much karmic justice, and it might disappear in a flash of light as it collapses into a new singularity.
New Era is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to New Era For This Useful Post: