Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2019, 08:40 PM   #1221
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Oh yeah, I just checked and I was definitely talking in mL but saying mg. My mistake - sorry guys.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:37 AM   #1222
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thought this amusing

New Congressional Marijuana Bill Is Actually Numbered H.R. 420

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomange...bered-h-r-420/
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 03:35 PM   #1223
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://midasletter.com/2019/01/auro...grow-cannabis/

Pretty cool video of the operation at Aurora Sky. Nice to see Alberta getting a little economic diversity out of this. Only 400 jobs though...looks very automated.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 04:58 PM   #1224
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Not sure if this has been asked before, but does anybody know where to get CBD oil here in Calgary?

Many thanks
#22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 05:17 PM   #1225
RyZ
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #22 View Post
Not sure if this has been asked before, but does anybody know where to get CBD oil here in Calgary?

Many thanks
Every cannabis store I have been to has some, but Canna Cabana in Canyon Meadows has the best selection I have seen so far.
RyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RyZ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2019, 07:41 AM   #1226
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

curious. how's the inventory issues for the stores?
is it pretty good now, or still lots of shortages.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 05:18 PM   #1227
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Picked up some CBD oil to try out. I’m going through some stressful times and I’m battling anxiety, depression & sleepless nights. I’m hoping this helps.

Is $79.00 for 30 ml a normal price for this? Seems rather expensive if a typical dose is 1-2 ml.
#22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to #22 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2019, 05:31 PM   #1228
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I have been prescribed medical marijuana for my issues, I am totally new to this.
I have arthritic psoriasis, chronic arthritis in my right hip as it is held together by a pin and screws from a bad car accident, and ulcerative colitis. I was prescribed a high CBD oil, 1ML in the morning, 1ML in the afternoon, and then a 1:1 tincture at bedtime. I have never been stoned on THC before. So I chose Shoppers Drug Mart as my LP because they have product from many suppliers. Maybe people can help me choose on here. Has anyone used products from Emblem, Tilray, Aphria, or Cannimed? I have tried to research the brands and seems Aphria has good reviews. What should I be looking for in a 1:1 and even though my prescription calls for 1ML before bed I am worried if I go with lets say a 10:10 that 10mg of THC is going to make me flip out. I was told the CBD won't make me feel fuzzy so that is good. I am kind of stressed about this. I was told the CBD is going to do wonders for my UC and pain and that the THC will also help with pain and put me to sleep.
dissentowner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 06:27 PM   #1229
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Most important thing, don’t be stressed about it.

Start with a small dose, and if you think you needed more then try that the next day.

It won’t make you flip out, always remind yourself there is really nothing it can do to you. And if you feel too high just relax, breathe, and wait it out (or go to sleep/turn on a funny movie). It will pass and you’ll be fine.

I use Auroras 1:1, and have tried a few others. All were good, I don’t think you can go wrong with the product, just the dosing. Good luck and enjoy your restful sleeps.

CBD on its own will definitely not make you the slightest bit fuzzy.

PS: take the 1:1 an hour before bed.

Last edited by Scroopy Noopers; 01-21-2019 at 06:29 PM.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2019, 07:25 PM   #1230
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Aphria used to be my LP, I believe all their products are sun grown or organic? I can't remember. Prices were ok iirc and quality was alright. Nothing crazy.

Also keep straight up CBD around in case you get too high. Taking it helps if you dose yourself accidentally and you get freaked out. Someone also told me eating a banana brings you down, but I've never tried.

Enjoy your sleeping! That's the best part.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tron_fdc For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2019, 08:09 PM   #1231
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Aphria is one of the absolute best for CBD oil. Used them myself and have a friend with cancer who has tried everything under the sun, he swears by their oil as far as quality, consistency, and reliability are concerned.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2019, 01:04 PM   #1232
Aleks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

With the pricing and poor quality I'd recommend using MOMS for product instead. Its cheaper, ends up at your door, generally far better quality. Reddit has a great sub for this kind of thing. The gov't approved stores have been a joke
Old 01-23-2019, 12:13 PM   #1233
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tried (trying) some CBD for excruciating sciatica that has come on again recently.
Been 3 day, taking high concentration CBD (1ml of 20mg/ml) twice daily for 3 days now.

May as well as been ingesting olive oil. Does this take some time?

My only regret now is that I'd bought 1:1 instead of 20-1 and at least got something out of it. Lol
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 12:34 PM   #1234
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
Tried (trying) some CBD for excruciating sciatica that has come on again recently.
Been 3 day, taking high concentration CBD (1ml of 20mg/ml) twice daily for 3 days now.

My only regret now is that I'd bought 1:1 instead of 20-1 and at least got something out of it. Lol
That's 100% my experience with CBD as well. Have tried the flower in a vape and the oil. It literally does absolutely nothing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2019, 12:47 PM   #1235
DJones
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
With the pricing and poor quality I'd recommend using MOMS for product instead. Its cheaper, ends up at your door, generally far better quality. Reddit has a great sub for this kind of thing. The gov't approved stores have been a joke
I don't know anyone who actually buys at dispensaries. It doesn't make sense to.

I think legalization is actually growing the black market Haha.
DJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 01:01 PM   #1236
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
That's 100% my experience with CBD as well. Have tried the flower in a vape and the oil. It literally does absolutely nothing.
CBD didn’t work for me either, so I canned my prescription. I stick to THC for numbing and fun now.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 02:15 PM   #1237
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

My girlfriend uses CBD to help her sleep. From her experience and others I have heard it's something you need to do every day to get the effects from.
Taking one once and a while didn't do anything for her, but after a week she was sleeping through the night- I've also heard of people using the oil topically for aches and pains with great effect, but have not had that experience personally...
aaronck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 04:59 PM   #1238
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Sounds like snake oil/placebo.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:01 PM   #1239
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJones View Post
I don't know anyone who actually buys at dispensaries. It doesn't make sense to.

I think legalization is actually growing the black market Haha.
All the late-30s/early 40s people I know go to the stores or buy online through the AlbertaCannabis.org website. The quality is terrific, the prices are just fine, the convenience is great and it's legal. I have no interest in breaking the law and like supporting this new legal way to purchase.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2019, 05:13 PM   #1240
Jeff Lebowski
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

If it's sciatica it's nerve related. THC has been studied to work on neuropathic pain while CBD acts on inflammatory pathway. 1:1 might actually work well in that instance.

I went to this clinic and it was all explained simply:
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...iz.QmzluA78wFM
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff Lebowski For This Useful Post: