Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-17-2019, 07:30 PM   #261
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stazzy33 View Post
Interesting to see that Ticketmaster jacked up the prices for tickets as well. For the few non-resale tickets that are still available, ones that were in the same row as the ones I purchased yesterday are now $60 more expensive. Everyone is trying to make a buck it seems.
Ticketmaster? They definitely suck, but they're responsible for the insane fees. Ticket pricing increases on regular tickets would be direct from the Flames. The Flames sell the tickets, ticketmaster is the platform for selling them.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:11 PM   #262
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420since1974 View Post
#12 = Loob & Iginla.
#14 = Nilsson & Fleury.

Which number (duo) do you feel made the greatest contribution to the Flame's organization?
12, easily.

Loob was more important to the 89 cup than Fleury was, while Iginla and Fleury were both equally valuable as faces of the franchise. Nilsson's greatest contribution to the org was getting traded.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Resolute 14 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2019, 10:19 PM   #263
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420since1974 View Post
#12 = Loob & Iginla.
#14 = Nilsson & Fleury.

Which number (duo) do you feel made the greatest contribution to the Flame's organization?
It is 12. Nilsson the weak link in that group because of no playoff success.

But what if it was Loob & Fleury vs. Iginla and Nilsson? Might have to give it to the guys with the ring vs. best player in franchise history and guy with one of best seasons in franchise history.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:20 PM   #264
Draug
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM14 View Post
I think there are 3 or 4 types of pricing. This game changed to Tier 1 and rightfully so.
At this point, they have greatly surpassed Tier1 for this game, effectively defining a ScalpingTier for themselves.... I didn't even realize they could do that.

Interestingly, they have been fluctuating face values for most of the season along with demand, but always within the predefined tiers until now.
Draug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:23 PM   #265
LWcrowfoot
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
it better be loud in there that night. Like, never heard before loud. This guy deserves it. All I have to say is if you're forking out $100's upon $100's to see this, I hope you lose your voice that night and let him know.
Or cheer however you want?

Flames fans are a pretty reserved bunch. That seems to routinely bother people who aren'y paying for tickets.
LWcrowfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 11:06 PM   #266
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWcrowfoot View Post
Or cheer however you want?

Flames fans are a pretty reserved bunch. That seems to routinely bother people who aren'y paying for tickets.
Jesus H tap dancing Christ.

yeah no good call, greatest player in franchise history getting retired, an honour that has happened 3 times in history but let’s treat it like a regular regular season game. You’re damn straight I’m telling people how to cheer, and I don’t really give a damn if they don’t like it. When tickets are going for like $500 it’s not exactly reasonable to expect everyday folks to afford it- who WOULD cheer and not be a ####ty fan. If you’re privileged enough to be there, get off your ass and give this guy the applause he deserves after entertaining you for over 20 years. In fact I promise not to ask hard done by fans to cheer any other time from now on except this one time (well- maybe at Gaudreaus jersey retirement).

Not gonna get into the paying for tickets thing but believe me, I have shelled out many a time for the Flames. They’ve taken their pound of flesh from my family and myself.

Just saying it’d be very nice if our fans could give this dude the warmth he rightfully deserves and it shouldn’t offend delicate sensibilities for me to say that.

Last edited by Mr.Coffee; 01-17-2019 at 11:08 PM.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 11:15 PM   #267
goodyear
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I hope to see these jerseys in warm-ups at the Wild game.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
goodyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 12:31 AM   #268
LWcrowfoot
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
J
Just saying it’d be very nice if our fans could give this dude the warmth he rightfully deserves and it shouldn’t offend delicate sensibilities for me to say that.
It's obvious that's going to happen and if you judge our two posts you'd be the one being delicate about things.
LWcrowfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:09 AM   #269
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Let me put it this way: Switch the goalies entirely. Put Vernon where Fuhr was, and put Fuhr where Vernon was. The Oilers still win four Cups. The Flames still win theirs. Detroit does not. Both guys got better in the playoffs vs. regular season, but Vernon's improvement was larger. He also had a better career save percentage, better GAA, more shutouts, etc.
Not for the Flames. In Calgary Vernon had one great PO (obviously). But my memories of 1987, 88 and 90-94 are scarred by Hawerchuk, Gretzky, Krushelnyski, Gretzky, Tikkanen, Bure, and almost every member of the 1993 Kings putting pucks past Mikey.

IMO, he landed on his feet in Detroit. You don't think Fuhr wins on a team with Shanahan, Yzerman, Fedorov, Lidstrom, Murphy, Fetisov, Larionov, Kozlov, Konstaninov and coached by Bowman?

IMO both guys were pretty good goalies who played on elite teams at times.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 06:42 PM   #270
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
Lemelin was #31.
The troll of #1 is either Turek Hiller or Elliott.
Whoops, I always remembered him as #1 for some reason. I was only 12 in 1986.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 06:26 PM   #271
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Imagine if that fool Craig Button would have had his way and traded Iggy for Peca?
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 06:48 PM   #272
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Imagine if that fool Craig Button would have had his way and traded Iggy for Peca?
Or Todd Harvey
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2019, 08:11 PM   #273
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brother just texted me saying his work might give him two lower bowl tickets to this game.

Absolutely cannot wait. Best game I've ever been to is kippers last game in Calgary and this should top it. Trying to find a 04 Iginla jersey now
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:41 PM   #274
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sooooo... is this going to be the worlds longest jersey retirement ceremony?!?

https://twitter.com/user/status/1092996370213023744
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:44 PM   #275
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can't wait! My horse head Iginla jersey is in the mail for this one
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:46 PM   #276
Lil Pedro
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hopefully the Happy Hour prices are still in effect
Lil Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lil Pedro For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2019, 09:56 PM   #277
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

90 mins? Are they gonna do warmups after the ceremony? Or do players have to start game cold after sitting still for an hour and a half?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 10:02 PM   #278
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
90 mins? Are they gonna do warmups after the ceremony? Or do players have to start game cold after sitting still for an hour and a half?
That actually makes sense to have the ceremony first (6:30 to 7:30), then have the players do their usual warmup at 7:30 and then start the game a little after 8:00.

Hope they broadcast the whole thing for those not in the building that night...

Last edited by tvp2003; 02-05-2019 at 10:45 PM.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 10:15 PM   #279
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Flames always are generous with the time to be in the seats for anything “special” prior to the game. I’d expect anything worth watching won’t start for 645 at least.

Video tribute of a few minutes. A Peter Maher monologue and introduction of his family. Ken King monologue on behalf of Flames, Conny monologue on behalf of teammates.
Video for 5 minutes of teammates and players and coaches from around the league for 5 minutes. Another longer video tribute. Then Iginla intro and speech for 10 minutes. Flames, NHL, teammates, alumni, boyscouts, Brownies, NDP,UCP,Libs, Nenshi, 34th Regiment and any other group, presents him with gifts for 10 minutes. Jersey goes up for 5 minutes...that should about cover it.

Nieuwendyks Forever a Flame lasted about 5-10 min too long and this will be longer than that. For good reason, but it kind of gets tedious by the end with all the formalities.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2019, 10:21 PM   #280
Young_Guns
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Judging by the image the team put out, is the Iginla banner going to be in retro Flames red? That would be a beauty!
Young_Guns is offline   Reply With Quote