Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-20-2019, 08:36 PM   #4081
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
That was clearly a parent expressing comic relief at finding a nutritious option for his son. I must have missed the part where hes going to legislate all IVs in Hospitals around the country switching to chocolate milk as a miracle cure.

But you're right, everyone knows it was in jest and Scheer didnt take into account idiots who would have taken that literally. That is a political failing on his part for assuming the Canadian Electorate wasnt made up entirely of feeble-minded morons.

We elected Trudeau and Notley, you are absolutely right, Scheer should know better than to trust the judgement of the Electorate. Some people are proving that right now.
He did, however, say this, which wasn't in jest:

Quote:
"The idea that these types of products that we’ve been drinking as human beings, eating as human beings for a millennia — that now all of a sudden that they’re unhealthy, it’s ridiculous,” he added.
Some unassailable logic there.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 09:08 PM   #4082
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Assailable or otherwise, it reminded me of this, so some good was produced.

David Mitchell is so great.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2019, 09:34 AM   #4083
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Assailable or otherwise, it reminded me of this, so some good was produced.

David Mitchell is so great.
See, this is a fair point. If Scheer was wanting to revamp or throw out the food guide in an attempt to solve the population problem, I'd be all for it.
Old 07-21-2019, 03:43 PM   #4084
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So the question I want to know about Butts is this.

When he was resigned after the SNC Lavalin affair because he looked like he was dishonest, he was paid a large severance package, and now he's back working for Justin, I doubt that he resigned in anything but spirit and has been advising Trudeau from afar, should he have received his severance.
Old 07-21-2019, 05:19 PM   #4085
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://globalnews.ca/news/5659919/l...dian-politics/

Quote:
A new seat projection released this weekend by the#Laurier Institute for the Study of Public Opinion and Policy#suggests if an election were held today, voters wouldn’t care much for either of the federal front-runners and instead, many would look to “park their vote” elsewhere.

“The momentum, if we can call it that, is now moving back towards the Liberals. It’s a horse race, a horse race where I must say most people don’t seem to like any of the horses,” Kay said.
Pretty much sums it up. Seriously the worst slate of candidates I can remember in my lifetime.
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2019, 09:14 PM   #4086
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

The polls are all over the place last week, one had the Libs with an 8 point lead, one had the Cons with a 7 point lead, there was one that had them neck and neck. I've pretty well stopped believing the polls.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:28 AM   #4087
GordonBlue
First Line Centre

Exp:

what do you guys think should be done with 24 Sussex Drive?

seems to have been a political hand grenade for many years now and it's a falling apart dump that hasn't been renovated since 1951.

I don't think it has enough architectural value to keep and isn't worth the tens of millions to repair.

and the renovations in 1951 did so much to change the place that what you see in pictures is nothing like it was back in the day. it's unsuitable to host official events. it's just an expensive overly large house.

I wish they'd just tear it down.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:31 AM   #4088
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya, bulldoze it and build something appropriate from scratch. Sell the asbestos free pieces to whoever complains about "losing our culture." You want it? You can buy a piece for $50. No choices, you may get a sewer pipe.

Pointless dithering on this one.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 07:36 AM   #4089
Roughneck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

#BlockedbyRempel trending again...

https://twitter.com/statuses/1152587756360675328

Is 7/11 an accessory to my crime of using a straw with my Slurpee the other day? I figure if I'm going down, I might as well take them with me.
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:54 AM   #4090
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

So she married someone with as loose a grasp on the truth as she herself has? Shocking. She's takes part in the worst types of politics.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 08:06 AM   #4091
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm starting to think it really was important for CBC to add "in jest" to that chocolate milk article.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 08:23 AM   #4092
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Ya, bulldoze it and build something appropriate from scratch. Sell the asbestos free pieces to whoever complains about "losing our culture." You want it? You can buy a piece for $50. No choices, you may get a sewer pipe.

Dynamite it. At this point its not worth spending money renovating it or adding functionality to it.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:41 AM   #4093
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck View Post

Is 7/11 an accessory to my crime of using a straw with my Slurpee the other day? I figure if I'm going down, I might as well take them with me.

She really does seem to be enamoured by all things America. If she came out with some more positive sounding anecdotes, maybe it wouldn't come across so bad. Maybe try something like, "in the last 6 weeks, my American husband has gained 5lbs since he stopped lugging around his concealed weapon everywhere and discovered Nanaimo bars".

I have no idea what she is talking about with the no free camping in park comment.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 08:43 AM   #4094
Locke
ness Monster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post

I have to agree. I couldnt care less about 24 Sussex drive, it seems to make more sense to have a purpose-built residence for the Prime Minister.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 08:59 AM   #4095
OMG!WTF!
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Tear down crappy old house.
Build 52 story hotel.
Cover all fixtures with gold leaf.
Profit.

You're welcome Canada.
OMG!WTF! is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 10:01 AM   #4096
Johnny Makarov
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
She really does seem to be enamoured by all things America. If she came out with some more positive sounding anecdotes, maybe it wouldn't come across so bad. Maybe try something like, "in the last 6 weeks, my American husband has gained 5lbs since he stopped lugging around his concealed weapon everywhere and discovered Nanaimo bars".

I have no idea what she is talking about with the no free camping in park comment.
Hopefully she is just waiting for her Green Card and then Adios! She'll fit right in with all the angry women down in the US.
Old 07-23-2019, 07:23 AM   #4097
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
Tear down crappy old house.
Build 52 story hotel.
Cover all fixtures with gold leaf.
Profit.

You're welcome Canada.
Are you suggesting we turn the project over to Trump?
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 08:26 AM   #4098
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck View Post

I don't mind her in her role but I also don't see the point in tweets such as this as I'm not exactly sure who she's catering to or trying to win over. Less is more when it comes to politicians and twitter.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 11:45 AM   #4099
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

https://twitter.com/statuses/1153306442780291074
Old 07-23-2019, 11:54 AM   #4100
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ott...221610?cmp=rss

Quote:
The federal government formally submitted requests for proposals (RFP) today to procure fighter jets to replace the decades-old CF-18s.

Four companies are in the running to supply Canada with roughly 80 new jets: Saab of Sweden, Airbus Defence and Space out of Britain, and the American firms Boeing and Lockheed Martin.

Those companies have until spring of 2020 to submit initial proposals. A decision on the winning bid is not expected until 2022 — the military procurement process can take years — with delivery of the first jets expected by 2025.

Quote:
The ITB policy requires that companies awarded defence procurement contracts undertake business activity in Canada equal to the value of the contract — but Lockheed Martin had argued it already funnels work to domestic aerospace companies as part of the F-35 fighter jet development program. The company argued the ITB policy runs contrary to the F-35 participation agreement — which Canada signed — and accused Canada of trying to leverage a better deal than its allies.

"We have now structured the ITB so that all bidders are now in a position to make a compliant ITB offer that suits their circumstances," Davies said Tuesday — adding that Lockheed Martin could still be docked "points" used to measure the quality of a bid if it cannot commit to certain contractual commitments to make things in Canada as part of its pitch to build the jets.

If they go by aircraft capabilities and future state, then the F-35 really wins this thing going away.

But this thing is already so screwed up, secretive and political that all bets are off.