Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-20-2019, 07:05 PM   #7321
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
You have to be one self-absorbed jackass to park in front of someone else's driveway
Hanlonís Razor applies. Theyíre probably an idiot. Either way itís too bad they didnít get towed.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 07:19 PM   #7322
TheSutterDynasty
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
You have to be one self-absorbed jackass to park in front of someone else's driveway
I was very curious to see what type of person it was.

Clueless elderly? Young DB? Entitled Karen?
Old 07-20-2019, 07:31 PM   #7323
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

smash a door window, squirt in lighter fluid and burn the ####er out.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 07:34 PM   #7324
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why stop at lighter fluid? Give him the old New York's Finest Taxi Service treatment.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:53 AM   #7325
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Similar thing happened to me. We didn’t need to leave immediately and didn’t know who the vehicle belonged to. Left a note with my phone number. Went back inside and shortly later car was moved and I received a nice apology via text.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 07:09 AM   #7326
GordonBlue
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Besides getting bumped from our Air Canada flight to a Rouge one (and having no damn charging ports or seat back entertainment for a 6 hour flight), we were put on zone 6. I didn't even know the zones went that low. I am pretty sure on standby were boarding before us.
I first read this as you getting bumped to Rogue One and I was thinking that's awesome!
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GordonBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 08:03 AM   #7327
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I disagree. Back when they were a straight up coffee shop with doughnuts and decent cheap lunches they were absolutely printing money. Then they decided to add poor quality food, ice cream, and a million other things. The quality has declined and other companies started to challenge them for their breakfast menu and just plain had better stuff.

But to my original point; when that stock was $28, it was a pure homerun. Excellent profit margins, negligible debt and a huge brand that people loved. Literally all of that is gone now.
The decline of Tim Hortons is kind of unfortunate because there was a time we could proudly say it our brand. They have tried to turn a donuts shop into a restaurant and it just hasn't worked. They don't have grilles and deep fryers to properly cook a lot of the food they serve as their food is all microwaved and put in heating bins. The thought of beyond meat patties sitting in a heating bin for ages makes my stomach turn. Their food is bad, really, really bad and I'm surprised that people are still lining up to pay $$ for food that is prepared like this. I think the worst thing about the food is that it's bogged down the ordering process to the point that the original customers that came in for a coffee and doughnut have been pushed aside while fast food lovers (who else eats this kind of food daily?) slow the ordering process down to a crawl. It's just not worth lining up to the door for a mediocre coffee and mediocre doughnut when in less time you can walk into a McDonald's and walk out with a coffee that's arguably superior and breakfast food that's considerably superior. Tim Hortons as they are today doesn't make sense and I feel that the only thing really keeping the bottom from completely falling out is that for a lot of Canadians it's a habitual thing. It's almost like we are a nation programmed to stop there in the morning but that won't last as we have seen erosion over the past few years and while they did a great job in their advertising convincing the country that it's some patriotic duty to visit them nothing last forever especially when the product is substandard.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 07-22-2019 at 09:31 AM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 10:22 AM   #7328
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I disagree that McDonalds breakfasts are better. The Tim's version of the mcmuffin with the biscuit instead of the english muffin is clearly superior. There shouldn't be any debate about flaky biscuit > english muffin. It's not really their breakfasts that are the problem, it's their lunch stuff (outside of the chicken noodle soup).

I don't know that their doughnuts have changed, either. I'm pretty sure they've stayed the same, and that the general quality of baked goods available has risen and left them behind.

I probably agree that I'd prefer if Tim's sold only doughnuts, bagels, muffins (and none of the ones with the crap filling inside them, #### right off with those), biscuit breakfast sandwiches, chicken noodle soup, coffee (no lattes, and God help you if you serve anything with the word "pumpkin" anywhere near it) and iced caps because apparently those generate a bunch of money. Of course, the problem with this theory is that no one would ever go to Tim's after 10:00 a.m. except to buy an iced cap, and I don't think enough people go before as it is to really make the whole thing viable.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 07-22-2019, 10:27 AM   #7329
CrunchBite
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I disagree that McDonalds breakfasts are better. The Tim's version of the mcmuffin with the biscuit instead of the english muffin is clearly superior. There shouldn't be any debate about flaky biscuit > english muffin. It's not really their breakfasts that are the problem, it's their lunch stuff (outside of the chicken noodle soup).

I don't know that their doughnuts have changed, either. I'm pretty sure they've stayed the same, and that the general quality of baked goods available has risen and left them behind.

I probably agree that I'd prefer if Tim's sold only doughnuts, bagels, muffins (and none of the ones with the crap filling inside them, #### right off with those), biscuit breakfast sandwiches, chicken noodle soup, coffee (no lattes, and God help you if you serve anything with the word "pumpkin" anywhere near it) and iced caps because apparently those generate a bunch of money. Of course, the problem with this theory is that no one would ever go to Tim's after 10:00 a.m. except to buy an iced cap, and I don't think enough people go before as it is to really make the whole thing viable.

Real cooked egg >>> than powdered scrambled sitting in the warmer egg.
CrunchBite is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to CrunchBite For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 10:31 AM   #7330
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchBite View Post
Real cooked egg >>> than powdered scrambled sitting in the warmer egg.
Yeah no kidding. Deep fried hash brown >>> steamed frozen hash brown. McDonalds has a wicked breakfast!! A&W too.

Tim’s breakfast is inedible.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 10:56 AM   #7331
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post

Except when the biscuit is some dry ass lump of crap like they are at Tim Horton's.

McDonald's breakfast walks Tim Horton's breakfast. The Egg McMuffin is king.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 10:57 AM   #7332
kevman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Tim's sucks. Always.

The traffic on the #1 yesterday afternoon grinds my gears. Apparently this is the new normal? I'm usually on the morning or whole weekend program so I haven't experienced the Sunday afternoon driver phenomenon around Calgary lately. We came to a complete stop numerous times heading both direction and it took an extra 45 mins to get to the park gates. No accident or construction, just road volume resulting in bumper to bumper rush hour traffic for 100km.

Where did all the people come from? Hopefully going outdoors becomes less trendy again soon and I can go back to driving places at reasonable speeds again.
kevman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kevman For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 11:03 AM   #7333
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevman View Post
Tim's sucks. Always.

The traffic on the #1 yesterday afternoon grinds my gears. Apparently this is the new normal? I'm usually on the morning or whole weekend program so I haven't experienced the Sunday afternoon driver phenomenon around Calgary lately. We came to a complete stop numerous times heading both direction and it took an extra 45 mins to get to the park gates. No accident or construction, just road volume resulting in bumper to bumper rush hour traffic for 100km.

Where did all the people come from? Hopefully going outdoors becomes less trendy again soon and I can go back to driving places at reasonable speeds again.
Its been this way the past couple years.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:14 AM   #7334
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Except when the biscuit is some dry ass lump of crap like they are at Tim Horton's.

McDonald's breakfast walks Tim Horton's breakfast. The Egg McMuffin is king.
Bold claim here, but A&W > McDonalds (>>>>>> Tim Hortons, of course).

Anyone who thinks a dry-ass biscuit is better than an English muffin is a nazi, but something about the use of a burger bun just works.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 11:19 AM   #7335
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post

Anyone who thinks a dry-ass biscuit is better than an English muffin is a nazi, but something about the use of a burger bun just works.
Iím not huge on the burger bun... but if you go inside they will fry you up some eggs for cheap. Option of toast OR pancakes to complete the breakfast blew my mind. Their coffee is the worst of the 3 though.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:25 AM   #7336
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

No. The bun at A&W totally ####s up the bread to ingredients ratio of a breakfast sandwich, it's just way too much bread. The english muffin breakfast sandwiches at A&W are much better than their bun ones.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 11:28 AM   #7337
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I have A&W as the same as McD's. Its "different" and I like to switch between them.

#### outta here with a biscuit though.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 11:30 AM   #7338
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Apparently people have strong opinions on their breakfast sandwich bread choices... I agree that A&W beats McDonalds for basic breakfast sandwiches, but not because of the burger bun... get that out of here. It's just that A&W's english muffins are fresher and moister than McDonalds's tend to be. On the other hand, McDonalds bagel sandwiches are better than both - everything egg BLT with cheese is really quite good.

Between the two, A&W wins overall on breakfast because of their actual breakfast, from where I sit.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:32 AM   #7339
bizaro86
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Yeah, a burger bun for breakfast is terrible. English muffins are great, and actual decent biscuits are great as well, which really has nothing to do with what Tims serves. I will also admit to ordering a McGriddle occassionally, but am trying to keep my heart attack risk down so don't do that often.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:36 AM   #7340
FireFly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why doesn't everyone get their Tim's breakfast sandwich on a croissant? That's the only reason it's any good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
If edmonton wins the cup in the next decade I will buy everyone on CP a bottle of vodka.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote