Exp:

Yah that taxi is an idiot.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 09:58 AM   #7122
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm amazed at how far some companies will go to piss off their own customers with deliberate customer disservice tactics.

Take UPS, for example. I call their customer service line. It gives me a few options. The first one connects me directly to an answering machine - I tried this a couple of weeks ago and never got a call back. This time, I try another option. It says it will connect me to an agent, but needs my tracking number. No problem - I give it. The automated system doesn't understand my tracking number. It asks again, I give it again. No dice. So it says, "You need a tracking number. Do you still want me to connect you to an agent?" I say yes, thinking, I'll just give the human being my tracking number and they can figure it out. The system says, "no problem, I'll connect you". Except it doesn't. It connects me to another voice recording, that says you cannot speak to an agent without a tracking number, and sends me back to the original voice recording which asks for my tracking number but doesn't understand it when I read it out.

I mean... holy ####. Whoever designed this should be shot in the gut and left to bleed to death. Seriously, only someone evil enough to deserve that kind of fate could come up with something so diabolical.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:59 AM   #7123
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec260 View Post
Last night on Hwy 8/Glenmore westbound towards 69th st SW. Counting my lucky stars.

https://youtu.be/TQ_lG3gh48o
Was there anyone in front of you?
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:03 AM   #7124
Royle9
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Donít pace semi trailers!!!!!
Agreed with this, I hope there was someone in front of you otherwise there's no reason for you to be in the left lane. If you want to pace/do the speed limit drop back and get behind the semi or speed up and get in front.

Nothing worse than those who love to police the traffic lanes and sit in the left lane and pace a car in the right. It's the #1 cause of road rage and leads to accidents all the time.
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:05 AM   #7125
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
This is the fault of bad manufacturing. On should be the default when in auto. Some manufacturers have this correct and others don’t.
I don't think there's any automaker that has a perfect solution as you need the ability to turn off the headlights and override auto. I leave my headlights on auto all the time. I don't think about turning them on ever. When you take your car into service the first thing the techs do is turn off your lights because they turn on when driven into the bay. You have to train yourself to remember after picking you your car from service to turn them back to auto or you could get caught driving around late with only your DRL's on.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:09 AM   #7126
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I'm amazed at how far some companies will go to piss off their own customers with deliberate customer disservice tactics.

Take UPS, for example. I call their customer service line. It gives me a few options. The first one connects me directly to an answering machine - I tried this a couple of weeks ago and never got a call back. This time, I try another option. It says it will connect me to an agent, but needs my tracking number. No problem - I give it. The automated system doesn't understand my tracking number. It asks again, I give it again. No dice. So it says, "You need a tracking number. Do you still want me to connect you to an agent?" I say yes, thinking, I'll just give the human being my tracking number and they can figure it out. The system says, "no problem, I'll connect you". Except it doesn't. It connects me to another voice recording, that says you cannot speak to an agent without a tracking number, and sends me back to the original voice recording which asks for my tracking number but doesn't understand it when I read it out.

I mean... holy ####. Whoever designed this should be shot in the gut and left to bleed to death. Seriously, only someone evil enough to deserve that kind of fate could come up with something so diabolical.

Yeah, I went through something similar trying to reach someone at a bank that I had an appointment with. Merely trying to give notice I was going to be 10-15 minutes late, and the goddamned rigmarole I went through to get through to the branch was infuriating, all because I don't have a card #. Well you don't get a f-ing card # when all you have with them is a mortgage. But noooo, the stupid electronic prompt wants a card #. No card? F-off. No talky for you.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:27 AM   #7127
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dube View Post
Alright CP.. whatís your thoughts.

Grinds my gears, when people walking their dogs, let it piss in the middle of my lawn.. Why canít they let it piss on the strip that the city owns? Nah, they have their extension leash half way out and it leaks on my grass/little tree I planted.
Yeah that's crap, I don't let my dogs even walk on peoples grass let alone use it as a toilet especially our female dog. Its pretty damn ignorant how some people completely disregard other peoples property.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:40 AM   #7128
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royle9 View Post
Agreed with this, I hope there was someone in front of you otherwise there's no reason for you to be in the left lane. If you want to pace/do the speed limit drop back and get behind the semi or speed up and get in front.

Nothing worse than those who love to police the traffic lanes and sit in the left lane and pace a car in the right. It's the #1 cause of road rage and leads to accidents all the time.
I mean the lane ended it seems like a decent reason to be in the lane but yeah if you saw this happening and no one was in front of you speed the F up but I'm assuming there was so in this case the Semi should be a little more aware of the lane ending but so should the Cab and when it started happening the cab needed to let him in and not go into oncoming traffic like an idiot. Bubble drivers piss me off, you are driving and should be aware of everything going on around you even things not directly affecting you at the time, could save lives.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 10:51 AM   #7129
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
I mean the lane ended it seems like a decent reason to be in the lane but yeah if you saw this happening and no one was in front of you speed the F up but I'm assuming there was so in this case the Semi should be a little more aware of the lane ending but so should the Cab and when it started happening the cab needed to let him in and not go into oncoming traffic like an idiot. Bubble drivers piss me off, you are driving and should be aware of everything going on around you even things not directly affecting you at the time, could save lives.
Or at the very least, save your own! Thatís the part that boggles my mind more than anything. How can you not be aware of the huge machine next to you that could easily kill you?
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:00 AM   #7130
Royle9
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
Oh I agree, I myself would never sit and pace a semi at all let alone if I knew the lane was ending up ahead.

Just looked like there was ample time to either speed up or slow down at the start, instead of just pacing the semi (we also don't see how long this had been happening)

Clearly nobody was really paying much attention, mind you i find SEMI drivers care less and less these days because they're comfortable pushing you out of the lane if they need to.. less of a chance they get in any real danger.

I've witnessed half a dozen transport trucks blowing SUPER late yellow/hard red lights more and more these days just because they don't want to slow down. Lights @ the top of the hill before heading into Cochrane are an absolute gold mine at rush hour to witness this.
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:10 AM   #7131
woob
First Line Centre

Exp:

Wow. I like how even when he's in the WRONG LANE he still tries to speed up and get in front of the truck. Wonder if he had any customers on board?
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to woob For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 11:25 AM   #7132
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

That video just goes to show you how complex driving is and why it should be taken more more seriously than it is by a lot of people.

Had the cab hit another car head on, it would have been the cab at fault. But the semi and the filming car both should some amount of responsibility, as might the car in front of the filming car (if there was one) and the cars behind. You never want to be responsible for putting a bad driver in a bad situation they can’t easily get out of. It’s hard to tell, but I would hope the drivers behind the semi backed off immediately.

Driving is a team sport. You’re on the same team as every other person on the road and it requires team work from time to time to help each other out. When passing a semi, always make it a quick pass so you and any person behind you are not stuck along side it. If you’re going to pass a semi, be sure the car ahead of you is clear before you make your pass.

And if you’re a semi, pay attention to the ####ing road so you don’t push a car off of it when you’re making a lane change at the last possible second.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2019, 11:28 AM   #7133
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
That video just goes to show you how complex driving is and why it should be taken more more seriously than it is by a lot of people.

Had the cab hit another car head on, it would have been the cab at fault. But the semi and the filming car both should some amount of responsibility, as might the car in front of the filming car (if there was one) and the cars behind. You never want to be responsible for putting a bad driver in a bad situation they canít easily get out of. Itís hard to tell, but I would hope the drivers behind the semi backed off immediately.

Driving is a team sport. Youíre on the same team as every other person on the road and it requires team work from time to time to help each other out. When passing a semi, always make it a quick pass so you and any person behind you are not stuck along side it. If youíre going to pass a semi, be sure the car ahead of you is clear before you make your pass.

And if youíre a semi, pay attention to the ####ing road so you donít push a car off of it when youíre making a lane change at the last possible second.
The clip is short so its hard to know for sure but it looks like the semi had his blinker on and is trying to move over, but the taxi sped up. There was lots of space behind the taxi to slow down and let the guy merge over.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:47 AM   #7134
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

3 things should have happened. Driver should have seen in his mirror this was not a good situation, and sped up to make room for the cab, and the semi. The semi barely had room to move over, taxi or not. Semi should have slowed down to allow cab to finish the pass, as the semi was the one with his lane ending. Taxi shoudln't have been there in the first place, as they should know the city well enoguh, and where lanes end like this. Putting yourself in that spot is dumb dumb dumb.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:57 AM   #7135
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's just your typical Calgary cab, the worst drivers in this city by far.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:58 AM   #7136
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post

You're not their customer. The shipper is their customer. Getting the package from point A to the front step at map coordinates is all they care about.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:03 PM   #7137
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
That's just your typical cab, the worst drivers in any city by far.
Fixed
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:24 PM   #7138
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Fixed
Saw this last week. Going down 28th St. NE which is two way double lane behind a taxi on the inside lane heading north. The taxi stops dead in his tracks. No hazard lights, turn signal indicators, nothing. I wasn't sure if he stopped for a cat or rabbit so I stop as does the person behind me rather than go around on the outside lane. He then proceeds to do a U-turn right in the middle of the road. That's pure garbage as there's simply no excuse for this type of maneuver when you can turn around at the next intersection.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 07-11-2019 at 12:27 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:26 PM   #7139
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

It's really sad to see the state of professional drivers today. You'd think someone who spends all day behind the wheel wouldn't be a struggler but that was a perfect t example of two of them.

The semi should have handled his lane ending better. I shouldn't be shocked to see how ineptly that cabbie handled the situation but I am. You should never drive beside a big truck if you can avoid it and if one starts coming into your lane don't assume he'll eventually see you.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:32 PM   #7140
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
You're not their customer. The shipper is their customer. Getting the package from point A to the front step at map coordinates is all they care about.
And if I'm buying a product from a seller who ships with UPS, and UPS's tactics make people like me less likely to purchase products from a company that uses UPS to ship them, how is this not hurting their customers?

Moreover, and probably more importantly, I would have had exactly the same negative experience had I called up looking for the same information as the shipper.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote