Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2020, 11:12 AM   #801
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

So whats the deal with season tickets? do I get the same seats next season for free?
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 11:16 AM   #802
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

More info on the actual season.

Stage 1 is a 7 game round robin where each team plays each other once, top 4 qualify for stage 2. Stage 2 is a 3 game round robin where each team plays each other one. Top 2 quality for the final. One game final.

https://canpl.ca/article/canadian-pr...or-2020-season

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 11:21 AM   #803
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

As for what happens to 2020 season tickets, I met with Cavalry and the league on July 13 to discuss the league's approach to that. Will see what is officially announced today before I spill what I know, given that it's probably out of date.

Old 07-29-2020, 11:23 AM   #804
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
So whats the deal with season tickets? do I get the same seats next season for free?
Yeah, they're going to need to clarify this a bunch. I'm confused by the whole "Collective" thing. It looks like you can use your season ticket money from this year to pay for that and then keep your seat for 2021 but not sure if you don't join if you are just assumed to be rolling over your season ticket to 2021 or what.
Arsenal14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 11:30 AM   #805
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

And I just got the email with details. If you do nothing your tickets roll over to 2021 at the same price, same seat.

If you choose to join the Collective you can use the money you've already paid for season tickets to do that and get a jersey, a $25 store credit, a OneSoccer subscription for this year (which was already included in the season tickets...) and some other perks.

Not sure if a jersey and another year of OneSoccer is worth $165+tax but it's not a bad option. Can also add up to four more family members at $99+tax with each getting a jersey.
Old 07-29-2020, 11:30 AM   #806
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Okay, they announced The Collective, that's what I was waiting for. So, the options that were presented to me on July 13 were as follows:

1. Join "The Collective" for $149. Remainder of your 2020 season ticket amount is applied to 2021 season tickets.
2. Apply your 2020 season ticket amount to 2021 season tickets.
3. Full or partial refunds of your 2020 season ticket amount.

The Collective is basically just a way for the league to try and monetize the season. Basically you pay the $149 and get some perks that wouldn't be available to regular season ticket holders. I'm not sure what all is included for that $149.

When they pitched the idea to me, it didn't seem like something I myself would get, but will depend on the details.

Last edited by shermanator; 07-29-2020 at 11:33 AM.
Old 07-29-2020, 11:32 AM   #807
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

And as long as I'm flooding this thread - we still don't know what the away jersey actually looks like. Guess they need to sneak in that announcement soon along with the full schedule and news on players joining to replace those who aren't able to enter the country. Oh, and the Canadian Championship.
Old 07-29-2020, 11:33 AM   #808
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
Okay, they announced The Collective, that's what I was waiting for. So, the options as I understand it are as follows:

1. Join "The Collective" for $149. Remainder of your 2020 season ticket amount is applied to 2021 season tickets.
2. Apply your 2020 season ticket amount to 2021 season tickets.
3. Full or partial refunds of your 2020 season ticket amount.

The Collective is basically just a way for the league to try and monetize the season. Basically you pay the $149 and get some perks that wouldn't be available to regular season ticket holders. I'm not sure what all is included for that $149.

When they pitched the idea to me, it didn't seem like something I myself would get, but will depend on the details.
https://cavalryfc.canpl.ca/thecollective has the details on what you get.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arsenal14 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2020, 11:35 AM   #809
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Don’t we already have a 2020 one soccer subscription?
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 11:38 AM   #810
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kurt Larson is a little annoying but he is right, if Escalante and/or Luca can’t get in the country there is a big hole on the left wing. But I’m sure Tommy has a plan!
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to M*A*S*H 4077 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2020, 12:06 PM   #811
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

So it looks like our current subscription ends before the tournament? So we’d have to either join the collective or pay 70 bucks for the one soccer sub to watch?
Old 07-29-2020, 12:41 PM   #812
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

I ended up putting in for a full refund, that $850 helps me more now than any of the perks would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 01:05 PM   #813
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone who asks for a full refund gets no grief from me. CPL is a luxury right now.

As for OneSoccer, there was an option to buy in 1 month increments last year. That's what I did for the season. Not sure if it's still around, my free year was activated in Feb and I think that will stay.

Old 07-29-2020, 01:19 PM   #814
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
So it looks like our current subscription ends before the tournament? So we’d have to either join the collective or pay 70 bucks for the one soccer sub to watch?
Depends when you activated it. Mine is good until next April.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:33 PM   #815
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Mine says good to Feb, but on the info with The Collective it says subscriptions will be cancelled Aug 10 if you don’t pay for the collective.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:54 PM   #816
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Chill View Post
Mine says good to Feb, but on the info with The Collective it says subscriptions will be cancelled Aug 10 if you don’t pay for the collective.
Interesting. I hadn't seen that in the "Is there a deadline to redeem the OneSoccer subscription code" FAQ. I guess it's kind of fair that if we received that as part of the 2020 season ticket package and they are rolling over the season ticket fee to 2021 then your benefits should be for that season as well. As long as we get a new code for the 2021 season because it is part of what we've paid for (along with our season ticket gift which I assume will also roll over to next season).
Old 07-29-2020, 02:05 PM   #817
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

I want this league to survive, and I don’t need my ST money back, so I’ll be signing up. Was going to buy the away jersey regardless (unless it’s hideous)
Thunderball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 02:45 PM   #818
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm at a loss as to what to do here. One of the cool things about the Collective is "Inclusion on permanent fan mural/mosaic photo wall at your home stadium". That alone would be worth it! Especially while I'm looking at it, very drunk.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2020, 02:51 PM   #819
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think that The Collective is fair value for me. I'm not a season ticket holder so I have no money tied up, and I would have subscribed to OneSoccer anyway for the season. Plus I like this year's home shirt better than last, and the away shirt may be even better.

Obviously everyone's opinion will vary depending on what they've already put down and what shirts they already have, but for me, this is an easy choice.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 02:55 PM   #820
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
I want this league to survive, and I don’t need my ST money back, so I’ll be signing up. Was going to buy the away jersey regardless (unless it’s hideous)
I think that this is where I am. I originally bought tickets because I feel like you have to support these things if you want them around as an option. The one issue though, is the horrific communication and everything this spring. I get it; Covid is a big problem and it's not like there's a set way to deal with this. But at the same time, I plunked down cash to get seats to games that should have started 3 months ago.

I'm just not sure on whether I'll add more money at this point.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fc edmonton is no good , footie , go cavs