Florida isn’t out of Bobrovsky bounces back and Tkachuk calms himself down
Bonded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 06:43 AM   #802
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
I don't think any team makes the finals without a little bit of good fortune.

Vegas is very fortunate Adin Hill has been as good as he's been.

They are also a bit fortunate that Skinner and Oettinger both had pretty terrible series with sub .880 save percentages against Vegas. (But you could argue they've played a role in making those goalies look bad to some extent too).

Much like Florida was fortunate that Bob stood on his head and that they won every single close game in the first three rounds.

Also thought both Vegas and Florida were pretty fortunate to be up 2-0 in the conference finals by winning 2 OT games and that really shifted momentum in each series.
All teams that advance usually have some good fortune go their way. The Knights really haven't needed much as they don't rely on one or two players as top to bottom they are simply the best team. They have won all their series in six games or less and haven't trailed in a series since game one of the playoffs. Winnipeg looks like an easy opening draw but you still have to take care of business and they did in five games. Everyone in the hockey world outside of Calgary thought the Oilers were the cup favorites and they dispatched them relatively easily. Stars are a proven heavy playoff team and they handled them before letting their foot off the gas for a couple of games. They are the best team in the playoffs which is why I picked them to win this series and they are doing to the Panthers what they have done to the Jets, Oilers, and Stars. They haven't even faced much in the way of adversity to date in these playoffs.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2023, 06:52 AM   #803
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

MoneyPuck has Vegas at 88.5% to win the Stanley Cup.
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 07:08 AM   #804
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Adin Hill has always been a good goalie. Happy for him as one that followed the Coyotes. Still a bizarre trade when they got rid of him, but I guess they got a 2nd round pick out of it.

I didn't originally pick the Knights to go far because I though the goaltending carousel was going to be too much for them. I was wrong. Their depth is out of this world, and I am a fool for thinking they'd get bounced in the 1st round. The Eichel acquisition makes them the favorites in the west for the rest of that contract.

Not counting out the Panthers yet, but they are going to need other guys to step up if Bobrobsky isn't playing up to standard or Tkachuk cooling down.

I feel like we've seen this movie before. A hot winger and a hot goalie aren't enough to get you a SC title.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 08:00 AM   #805
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonded View Post
Florida isn’t out of Bobrovsky bounces back and Tkachuk calms himself down
The problem is that IMO Vegas hasn’t even been playing that well. Their passing out of the zone was not great and their PK was really passive. But they are a lot deeper than Florida - their 3rd line has Smith and Karlsson with Amadio. And as soon as Barkov is assigned to Eichel/Marchessault/Barbashev, Stephenson/Stone/Howden get to work and vice versa.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2023, 08:44 AM   #806
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Tell that to pajama boy in Toronto

Panthers have plenty of Bandwagoners on here too...there are two teams, gotta cheer for somebody

Vegas beat the Oilers
Tkachuk bailed on the Flames

Pretty easy for me
Bennett who tried for 10% of the games he played the Flames. Our highest draft pick ever with a hockey IQ of a derp.
Old 06-06-2023, 08:53 AM   #807
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Bennett who tried for 10% of the games he played the Flames. Our highest draft pick ever with a hockey IQ of a derp.
He was not the derp, nor did he only try 10% of the time.

The derps were the one wearing the suits on the bench, and the derpy linemates he had to play with consistently. Those derps are out of the league, Bennett is Florida's #1 centre in a Stanley Cup final.

Last edited by ComixZone; 06-06-2023 at 08:56 AM.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 09:02 AM   #808
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post

The derps were the one wearing the suits on the bench, and the derpy linemates he had to play with consistently. Those derps are out of the league, Bennett is Florida's #1 centre in a Stanley Cup final.
LOL the coaches were the ones who took the most offensive zone minors in the league.. Derp!!!!

Yeah and if he even tried 30% of the time this year the Panthers might have qualified for the playoffs before game 81. Derp!
Old 06-06-2023, 09:20 AM   #809
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

That was definitely Flames playoff Tkachuk last night. He needs to go back to being more poised and focused on scoring than getting under people’s skin. It’s already shown that it’s not gonna work against Vegas
Old 06-06-2023, 10:24 AM   #810
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post

This "Bennett is Florida's #1 centre" stuff just isn't true.

Barkov has played more minutes, has more points, and gets the toughest matchups.

Sure Bennett get's slightly more 5v5 time, but that's because Barkov kills penalties and the Bennett line gets the shift right after the PK.

Barkov is Florida's top center...but Bennett is a really good 2nd line center right now.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 06-06-2023 at 10:28 AM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2023, 10:30 AM   #811
D as in David
First Line Centre

Exp:

With a coach like Maurice who so easily and regularly loses his ####, I'm doubtful the Panthers are able to regain their composure before the series is over.
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D as in David For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2023, 10:54 AM   #812
CSharp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey_Ninja View Post
That was definitely Flames playoff Tkachuk last night. He needs to go back to being more poised and focused on scoring than getting under people’s skin. It’s already shown that it’s not gonna work against Vegas
He needs to do more of that next two games. It's so satisfying to see VGK win. He and the Panthers got PWNED!
CSharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 10:57 AM   #813
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
This "Bennett is Florida's #1 centre" stuff just isn't true.

Barkov has played more minutes, has more points, and gets the toughest matchups.

Sure Bennett get's slightly more 5v5 time, but that's because Barkov kills penalties and the Bennett line gets the shift right after the PK.

Barkov is Florida's top center...but Bennett is a really good 2nd line center right now.
Bennett rides shotgun to Tkachuk. Bennett has had great chemistry with Tkachuk, but he's still a middle six center. Even with his amazing playoff run, Bennett is still only on pace for 58 points, and many of those points have just been handing the puck to Tkachuk, who pulls off some great play.

Bennett's limited skill set really does work with Tkachuk though. Skate the puck in hard...go to the net. Let Tkachuk do the rest. Like you say, that's far from being a #1 centre.

Either way, it's a massive failure on Calgary's part, that they couldn't figure that formula out.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2023, 10:59 AM   #814
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
It's crazy to think how different things could be if Oilers had just taken Bennett at #3, and Draisaitl fell to us at #4 in 2014 (they were seen as kind of a coin flip between them at the time). I also can't imagine loving a dude who's currently my most hated player..
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 11:03 AM   #815
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey_Ninja View Post
Tkachuk's biggest issue is that, when his shenanigans don't work, he gets himself more worked up than the other team.

Guys like Eichel and Stone are, in no way, going to get worked up about physical play or cheap shots. This isn't even a situation where there's a Doughty to take 1 for 1 penalties with.
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2023, 11:03 AM   #816
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Barely even notice Bennett out on the ice most shifts. He's far from a difference maker right now. But Vegas' team defence has made most of the Florida players look pedestrian. Throw in the fact that they are not backing down and not falling for Tkachuk's antics we see that Florida does not have much offer and it reflects in the play on the ice and in the scores. Vegas has been flat out better in every aspect of the game.

And I whole heartedly believe the Bobrovisky is the only reason Florida is where they are right now anyways and he has played like recently signed a fat contract Bobrovsky in the past two games. Florida is in trouble if they do not get great to outstanding goaltending.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 11:04 AM   #817
Saqe
First Line Centre

Exp:

Holy #### the schadenfreude is real here!

Comes down to Bob if he can still find his game, without his heroics this Panthers team just isn't good enough. Whatever happens, a massive boost for the club especially since this was the year they were supposed to take a step back. Next year they need to add a big piece on defense and with this years experience, they should be good to go again.
Saqe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Saqe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2023, 11:09 AM   #818
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saqe View Post
Holy #### the schadenfreude is real here!

Comes down to Bob if he can still find his game, without his heroics this Panthers team just isn't good enough. Whatever happens, a massive boost for the club especially since this was the year they were supposed to take a step back. Next year they need to add a big piece on defense and with this years experience, they should be good to go again.
The problems in Florida go way beyond Bob. How is any goalie going to do anything, when Florida is allowing Vegas' snipers to take so make shots from perfect positions.

Vegas just has too many guys who are capable of being 20 or 30 goal scorers. And Hrudey might be right, that Vegas has figured out Bobo's weakness, which is shooting high.

Also, as far as schadenfreude goes, I for one don't want to have to spend the next 3 years hearing about how Calgary's ex-players won a cup. We aren't Buffalo here.
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2023, 11:13 AM   #819
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Vegas should make a giant Stanley Cup and place it next to the Statue of Liberty at NYNY if they win it
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 11:14 AM   #820
Saqe
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Also, as far as schadenfreude goes, I for one don't want to have to spend the next 3 years hearing about how Calgary's ex-players won a cup. We aren't Buffalo here.

That's fair, it's just pretty funny to read and over the top imo. But I can understand the sentiment.
Saqe is offline   Reply With Quote