Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-12-2022, 10:30 AM   #1281
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knut View Post
Do we know when we will be able to get the Bivalent version of the vaccine yet ?

I can not seem to find any specific details about it.

I'd like to know this as well. Only info I can find is it was approved in Alberta Sept 1 and will be available "this fall".
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 10:41 AM   #1282
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
I'd like to know this as well. Only info I can find is it was approved in Alberta Sept 1 and will be available "this fall".
Ontario just opened theirs today, so I would hope soon.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2022, 10:45 AM   #1283
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope so too. I'm due for my next and would REALLY like to get the updated one.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 10:47 AM   #1284
calgaryred
Franchise Player

Exp:

BC is giving out vaccination appointments I have my option to get the booster, but when I called Shoppers they told me they only have the booster from last year. So I'm just going to wait until late October when I'm in Bellingham WA to get the Pfizer 4/5 booster.
calgaryred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 04:46 PM   #1285
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Second booster received today for my wife and me. They do a much better job at AHS outlets than pharmacies.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 05:04 PM   #1286
Knut

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1570179216582520832
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 05:38 PM   #1287
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Interesting dichotomy:

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/albertan...week-1.6068741

Denmark health removed vaccinations for under 50yrs old unlesss specifically recommended due to specific issues. No vaccines for under 18yrs old based on their country and worldwide analysis of risk and outcomes.

https://igorchudov.substack.com/p/de..._source=direct

(Click through embedded link).

I’ve noted over the decades that Canadian medical has consistently lagged much of the rest of the world. Experienced negative consequences myself because of this. So now Denmark is basically saying don’t bother (for most people, and under 50) meanwhile Canada is rolling new and improved and pushing the shots. How confusing for so many.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 06:03 PM   #1288
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
Interesting dichotomy:

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/albertan...week-1.6068741

Denmark health removed vaccinations for under 50yrs old unlesss specifically recommended due to specific issues. No vaccines for under 18yrs old based on their country and worldwide analysis of risk and outcomes.

https://igorchudov.substack.com/p/de..._source=direct

(Click through embedded link).

I’ve noted over the decades that Canadian medical has consistently lagged much of the rest of the world. Experienced negative consequences myself because of this. So now Denmark is basically saying don’t bother (for most people, and under 50) meanwhile Canada is rolling new and improved and pushing the shots. How confusing for so many.
At this point the approach should be plain and simple and follow similar guidelines to the flu shot. Whoever wants a shots can go get a shot. Make it every six months as that seems like the minimum timeframe that science is settling on and if the pharma companies/governments feel like continuing to fund development of new vaccines that is up to them.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2022, 09:00 PM   #1289
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
Do us all a favor and don't link garbage like that in a forum that's largely focused on facts and science. Some other articles from that guy's page:

Yes, Covid Vaccines UNSET and ERASE Natural Immunity. The GREAT RESET of Human Immunity

You, Me and other Anti-Vaxxers are Good People. It is Time to De-Stigmatize the Word "Anti-Vaxxer"

DEBATE: Viruses do not exist? Or do they? Let's open a debate

UK: Births in England Collapsed and are NOT Coming Back Up. Births Declined by 14%. Should we call it INFERTILITY?

WEF's AI to Decide What Industries to Liquidate to "Stop Economic Growth". Enjoy Your Universal Income, Stop Working, and Shut Up
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to opendoor For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2022, 11:37 PM   #1290
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
Do us all a favor and don't link garbage like that in a forum that's largely focused on facts and science. Some other articles from that guy's page:

Yes, Covid Vaccines UNSET and ERASE Natural Immunity. The GREAT RESET of Human Immunity

You, Me and other Anti-Vaxxers are Good People. It is Time to De-Stigmatize the Word "Anti-Vaxxer"

DEBATE: Viruses do not exist? Or do they? Let's open a debate

UK: Births in England Collapsed and are NOT Coming Back Up. Births Declined by 14%. Should we call it INFERTILITY?

WEF's AI to Decide What Industries to Liquidate to "Stop Economic Growth". Enjoy Your Universal Income, Stop Working, and Shut Up
Sorry about that original link which contained the link to the Denmark health - which was the whole point. Yes that substack link has a bunch of stuff that wasn’t relevant to my original point. Let’s go back to the Denmark subject shall we?
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 10:25 AM   #1291
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

As for Denmark's policy, it's seems poorly conceived to me. I can see the logic in not rolling out a full-population mass vaccination campaign trying to target every last person given the levels of immunity and the low risk for that age group. But why shouldn't someone under 50 be able to get vaccinated if they want to? Instead they're going to create various exceptions (e.g. people with certain conditions, people who interact with vulnerable people at work, people who live with at-risk people, etc.). All that means is that the people under 50 who want to get vaccinated are just going to have to go through red tape and waste medical professionals' time to get included in those exceptions. Whereas if you just offered it to anyone who wanted it, that would all sort itself out.

It wouldn't be the first time that Denmark made ill-advised COVID policy. They made a big show of declaring COVID to no longer be a public health threat last September, and then within 2.5 months they were reintroducing significant mitigation measures when infection levels became untenable.
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to opendoor For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2022, 11:22 AM   #1292
Knut

Exp:

"Everyone is wrong except this one person or country that is doing things the way i think they should be done. I dont care what the other 150 people/countries are doing."
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2022, 12:55 PM   #1293
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

We're eligible for the bivalent shot at the end of October since our last was end of May. We'll get it, but I'm not particularly in any rush.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 01:30 PM   #1294
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1570467778385281025
Old 09-15-2022, 03:27 PM   #1295
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

The longer five-month interval leads to a longer lasting and more effective immune response, so I'll wait until the five month mark. I'm not showing this to my wife or she's going to get all anxious to get it at the three month mark and I'm trying to wane her off of her COVID anxieties as it is.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 06:57 PM   #1296
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya, I haven't really decided what to do. My last booster was late July. CBC radio just had their usual doctor, Stephanie something on and said the antibody response doesn't really warrant doing it earlier, so was questioning why the US had gone with a shorter period. They still don't really know if the booster we have, or the Pfizer one with BA4/5 is a lot better, but we will know once they start using it. So I'll probably give it a few months. If your wife is anxious, maybe find that interview, it was on around 4:45-5:15. Had some good info in it.

EDIT: Oh, hey, it's in text now.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...erta-1.6584751
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2022, 12:25 AM   #1297
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Booked an appointment for Saturday at a CVS in Palm Desert. When booking on line they wanted a U.S. address and insurance information. Any reason to be concerned they might not give me a booster shot because I live in Calgary?
Manhattanboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 06:44 AM   #1298
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

What number are we supposed to be on now? I got a 4th back in early June, due to travel. I don't think I will bother with more anytime soon, unless a really convincing reason comes along.

I also had covid back in the alpha days and it was nothing but a mild cold and have since been exposed numerous times through work and never tested positive again (we had to test multiple times a week for several months). So I think I'm done getting shots until we either getter better ones or there's a bad mutation.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 09:10 AM   #1299
nickerjones
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
Booked an appointment for Saturday at a CVS in Palm Desert. When booking on line they wanted a U.S. address and insurance information. Any reason to be concerned they might not give me a booster shot because I live in Calgary?
When I got my original vaccines and original booster in the states I gave them my parents address. The original shots were in my parents home state of Oklahoma, the booster was in Anaheim. When I got this bivalent one I gave them a friends address in Columbus, OH (this was where I got the shot). They never asked for proof.

I also mark I don't have insurance.

I show them my US passport as ID. I'm guessing you don't have one of those. However, if you're even asked by them and you said something like, "I just moved here and still haven't gotten all my ID's switched over". I just don't believe they are gonna care enough to do any digging.
Old 09-21-2022, 07:44 PM   #1300
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

You can now book your Bivalent Covid vaccine in Alberta. It’s an OG/BA1 so still old virus

Last edited by GGG; 09-21-2022 at 07:48 PM.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote