Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-05-2023, 12:22 PM   #121
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatylo View Post
Plus a verification that you are the holder of the STH to avoid transferring or multiple users on the same account

I’d say scrap the transferable ID requirement altogether, just look up the STH by their drivers license and see if they’re in the system, either by name or address….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 12:10 PM   #122
brett532
Farm Team Player

Exp:

IMO the more headache people create by complaining every year about stuff to the FanAttic management the more it pushes them to do what lots of pro teams are now doing, Instead of having a sale selling all of their stuff in bulk to online retails, the avalanche do and good luck paying a decent price for any of their star players gear. I'm just happy they're still doing this because it give me a place to spend all the pennies in my piggy bank every year.
brett532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 12:57 PM   #123
Matt Reeeeead
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett532 View Post
IMO the more headache people create by complaining every year about stuff to the FanAttic management the more it pushes them to do what lots of pro teams are now doing, Instead of having a sale selling all of their stuff in bulk to online retails, the avalanche do and good luck paying a decent price for any of their star players gear. I'm just happy they're still doing this because it give me a place to spend all the pennies in my piggy bank every year.
Seems like you are more concerned they might actually listen to the complaints and exposure you as not a STH.

STH are allowed to be outraged over people circumventing the system, as you are.

If I'm you, I'm probably keeping my mouth shut and enjoy the ride for as long as possible rather than try and defend what is clearly outside of the good spirit, and intention of the event.
Matt Reeeeead is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matt Reeeeead For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2023, 01:31 PM   #124
brett532
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Reeeeead View Post
Seems like you are more concerned they might actually listen to the complaints and exposure you as not a STH.

STH are allowed to be outraged over people circumventing the system, as you are.

If I'm you, I'm probably keeping my mouth shut and enjoy the ride for as long as possible rather than try and defend what is clearly outside of the good spirit, and intention of the event.
Why would I be worried, I have season tickets. I have no problems how they run things, I've been going for 20+ years with zero complaints.
Old 06-06-2023, 01:35 PM   #125
Matt Reeeeead
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Why would I be worried, I have season tickets. I have no problems how they run things, I've been going for 20+ years with zero complaints.
Definitely explains why you would compulsively line up 24 hours in advance of these events, purely only post here to profit off the event, and essentially play the role of a ticket scalper (middle man between sports team and the fan to arbitrarily jack up prices for their own benefit).

Yes, your tactics are well known by many....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matt Reeeeead For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2023, 01:44 PM   #126
brett532
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Well those many must not know too much then. Make all the assumptions you want, I have many people who will contradict your supposed theory on me and what you think I'm doing.
Old 06-06-2023, 01:49 PM   #127
Matt Reeeeead
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Definitely explains why devoted STH of 20+ years never interacts with anyone here for any reason than used equipment sale.
Old 06-06-2023, 02:01 PM   #128
brett532
Farm Team Player

Exp:

im busy with life and don't spend hours in online fourms. I used to play on the puckers hockey team and supplied them all with hockey socks that I bought from the sale, I didn't charge anything above what I paid for them, but you probably assumed that I was flipping them for a profit. Just like all the other assumption that are being made.
Old 06-06-2023, 02:27 PM   #129
Tbull8
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Haven’t those socks always been $1? Or on this years case, free?
Tbull8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 03:12 PM   #130
brett532
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbull8 View Post
Haven’t those socks always been $1? Or on this years case, free?
no, they were $5 a pair when I bought them for the team.
Old 06-06-2023, 03:44 PM   #131
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
no, they were $5 a pair when I bought them for the team.
Wow! Quite the philanthropist!

The fact that you would even mention it tells a lot.
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Boreal For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2023, 03:50 PM   #132
brett532
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
Wow! Quite the philanthropist!

The fact that you would even mention it tells a lot.
and they wonder why I never post in the forums on here, its Just a bunch of toxic people.
Old 06-06-2023, 03:55 PM   #133
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

Sure, especially ones that brag about what they get with priority access to a fun event & donating around $50 towards their rec hockey team.

Toxic indeed.
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 04:12 PM   #134
jatylo
Draft Pick

Brett's original point is valid, we are fortunate to have this type of sale. The Flames could easily just throw everything into an online auction and having fans pay 4-10x the price on items. Just think there are ways to improve the experience to avoid hoarding. Next time I'll get up earlier and hopefully there will be more Wranglers selection.

Also what is Kadri's obsession with gloves? I swear there were atleast 30 pairs to buy with his #91 on them
jatylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 04:27 PM   #135
gordo67
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Brett's original point is valid, we are fortunate to have this type of sale. The Flames could easily just throw everything into an online auction and having fans pay 4-10x the price on items. Just think there are ways to improve the experience to avoid hoarding. Next time I'll get up earlier and hopefully there will be more Wranglers selection.

Also what is Kadri's obsession with gloves? I swear there were atleast 30 pairs to buy with his #91 on them

I initially grabbed a pair of Kadri gloves. I immediately put them back when I saw how many pairs there were.

Last edited by gordo67; 06-06-2023 at 04:44 PM.
gordo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 04:43 PM   #136
gordo67
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

As a STH I will voice my concerns, me voicing my concerns will not be the reason these sales end. They need to do a better job making sure the HOARDING stops and that the actual STH are the ones that get in early.
gordo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 04:47 PM   #137
Matt Reeeeead
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
and they wonder why I never post in the forums on here, its Just a bunch of toxic people.
Agreed. Absolutely toxic to suggest that lining 24 hours prior to an event, of which, you haven't earned the privlege of priority access (hence why you line up so early), so that you can make a buck off of fans to charge more than the Flames are selling the items for, is greedy behavior outside the spirit of the event.
Old 06-06-2023, 04:54 PM   #138
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:

If all the good stuff is getting scalped on EBay anyways, are the fans really saving money?

The more desirable stuff is only going to fans who win auctions. The less desirable stuff is probably not being sold for all that much more at auction than the Flames are selling it for.

I suppose there's a limited number of stuff that the scalpers miss and is worth more, at auction, than what the club is selling it for. You might be saving $20 on those?
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 04:56 PM   #139
2ArmBands
Scoring Winger

Exp:

To me it seems like every year there are only about 10 people that are the problem. These 10 or so people are typically the very first in line and once they get in they grab an obnoxious amount of items and go sit in a corner with about 65% of the good stuff. They don’t actually leave or bother checking out for hours. I was told that they grab the stuff and start communicating online with buyers and securing sales before they check out.

One solution might be to let the first 20 people in early and give them 45 minutes total to shop and process their transactions. Maybe this would allow for a bunch of the items to return to the tables for everyone else Vs being held to the very end and discarded back to the Flames.

I don’t know what the solution is but anything is an improvement.
2ArmBands is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2ArmBands For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2023, 05:24 PM   #140
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo67 View Post
I initially grabbed a pair of Kadri gloves. I immediately put them back when I saw how many pairs there were.
Why? They are still his plus not as worn.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote