Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2011, 09:52 AM   #861
flamesfan55
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cKy View Post
Looks like a roster update came out sometime today.
Rosters and a tuner update
flamesfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:29 PM   #862
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Started my last year with the Oilers, a week into the season, their leading scorer, best defenseman and all around great guy with a nifty haircut was called into the offices of Steve Tambellini.

We were joined in Tambellini's office which actually resembled the Romper room from that kids show two decades ago by Kevin Lowe who promptly pulled Tambellini into his lap and jammed his hand up Tambi's back. After an hour of really lame ventriloquist jokes where he threw his voice at two pictures of Darryl Katz and the toilet bowl they let me know that they had traded me to the Kings.

I silently fist pumped 72 times before putting a saddened look on my face and asked them who was coming back to the Oilers.

Clearly I wasn't worth much as they garnered a first round draft pick Steve Bernier and a Wayne Gretzky sophomore card.

I politely thanked them for the opportunity and Tambellini promptly did a "Yer welcome" but I swear I saw Lowe's lips move as he tried to hide it behind a readjustment of his combover.

I them went to the dressing room to sadly break the news to my team mates, and did it in the kindest way possible, by dropping my pants grabbing each cheek and letting Mr. Butt break the news to them.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #863
CrunchBite
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Started my last year with the Oilers, a week into the season, their leading scorer, best defenseman and all around great guy with a nifty haircut was called into the offices of Steve Tambellini.

We were joined in Tambellini's office which actually resembled the Romper room from that kids show two decades ago by Kevin Lowe who promptly pulled Tambellini into his lap and jammed his hand up Tambi's back. After an hour of really lame ventriloquist jokes where he threw his voice at two pictures of Darryl Katz and the toilet bowl they let me know that they had traded me to the Kings.

I silently fist pumped 72 times before putting a saddened look on my face and asked them who was coming back to the Oilers.

Clearly I wasn't worth much as they garnered a first round draft pick Steve Bernier and a Wayne Gretzky sophomore card.

I politely thanked them for the opportunity and Tambellini promptly did a "Yer welcome" but I swear I saw Lowe's lips move as he tried to hide it behind a readjustment of his combover.

I them went to the dressing room to sadly break the news to my team mates, and did it in the kindest way possible, by dropping my pants grabbing each cheek and letting Mr. Butt break the news to them.

Firstly, you lucky dog, off this craphole team.

Secondly as usual your stories are hilarious.
CrunchBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:38 AM   #864
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

New patch coming in January to fix some exploits amongst other things.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7853400.page
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joborule For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2011, 02:34 PM   #865
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Hopefully the patch fixes the goalie interference calls. They are mostly all complete BS. One time their d-man hit me into the net causing my helmet to fly off, then the goalie skates into my crippled dead body on the ice and I get called for interference. like wtf?

Same with when you try and drive the net, but stop with a few feet to go, but the game instances on vacuuming you into the goalie and you get a penalty.

They're even worse than the interference calls from previous games.

Edit: nope, all the "fixes" in the "patch" have nothing to do with anything relevant like usual.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #866
flamesfan55
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

BUMP

Anyone know if there is any talk about fixing the freezing during the gm mode loading screen?
flamesfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #867
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Giroux has been back for 4-5 games now and still no roster update. Damn you EA.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #868
burnin_vernon
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I need some help understanding some things.

I created a player, and have played 16 games with him, all in the drop-in EASHL league. I only have 3 wins and I need 4 to level up. My Games Played and Overall Grade is good, but it's hard getting the wins with a combo of poor teammates and my terribly rated player.

So a guy I played some Online Team play against a guy at work (our created players teaming with AI controlled ones) and I won 5 out of 10 games. But at the end of each one, the chart that shows your progress did not increase in GP or my wins, and my player still sucks.

How do you get more XP? My buddy said I should have leveled up after I beat him. He doesn't play drop in at all and while I don't know how highly his player is rated, he is clearly miles ahead of me.
burnin_vernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #869
Diverce
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnin_vernon View Post
I need some help understanding some things.

I created a player, and have played 16 games with him, all in the drop-in EASHL league. I only have 3 wins and I need 4 to level up. My Games Played and Overall Grade is good, but it's hard getting the wins with a combo of poor teammates and my terribly rated player.

So a guy I played some Online Team play against a guy at work (our created players teaming with AI controlled ones) and I won 5 out of 10 games. But at the end of each one, the chart that shows your progress did not increase in GP or my wins, and my player still sucks.

How do you get more XP? My buddy said I should have leveled up after I beat him. He doesn't play drop in at all and while I don't know how highly his player is rated, he is clearly miles ahead of me.
How many on each team? If one team has less then 2 human players on it the game doesn't count. That's what I noticed.

It could also be that you played unranked games.

Joborule would have a better understanding of it, he might chime in.
Diverce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diverce For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #870
burnin_vernon
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Ah ok, I did not know about the 2 human thing. It is also possible we played unranked.

Man, it must take forever to build a decent player in this game.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #871
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ah ok, I did not know about the 2 human thing. It is also possible we played unranked.

Man, it must take forever to build a decent player in this game.
Div got it right I believe. You need a minimum of 3 players on both teams at the start of the game in order for it to count towards player progression.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #872
burnin_vernon
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Lit it up in the CHL, won the Memorial Cup, and then drafted first overall...by the Flames.
I giggled like an 8 year old.

But I'm playing on Pro difficulty and it is incredible easy. I'm an OFD getting 4 points a game, and an A+ rating. It was fun getting 8 points against the Canucks and shutting them out 11-0 but I think I need a little more challenge here. What's the next difficulty like?
Old 01-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #873
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Lit it up in the CHL, won the Memorial Cup, and then drafted first overall...by the Flames.

But I'm playing on Pro difficulty and it is incredible easy. I'm an OFD getting 4 points a game, and an A+ rating. It was fun getting 8 points against the Canucks and shutting them out 11-0 but I think I need a little more challenge here. What's the next difficulty like?
I bought this game, against my better instincts, during Boxing week while it was on sale for $40. After all the initial frustration, I finally did the smartest thing I could have done...I dropped the difficulty from All-Star to Pro.

I find that as soon as you bump it up beyond Pro you start seeing some of the ridiculous and frustrating gameplay that can just drive you crazy. Yeah, it's pretty easy right now, but the alternative is some dumbass programming in an attempt to make up for a lack of proper AI design.

I would suggest adjusting the CPU Difficulty slider first, then if that is still not an enjoyable challenge level then try All-Star. If you can keep your sanity once you do, I applaud you.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:48 PM   #874
Diverce
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

I play on Superstar and Hardcore... I find it tough. Games are like 2-1, 3-0 and I'm barely pulling a ppg. I also turned the one slider "attribute effect" or something like that all the way up. Find with that the players are a lot more diverse in there skill level as the attributes actually mean something.
Diverce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #875
Icon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diverce View Post
I also turned the one slider "attribute effect" or something like that all the way up. Find with that the players are a lot more diverse in there skill level as the attributes actually mean something.
That slider's key if you want superstars to stand out a bit more.

The downside is, it makes it much harder for rookies to do anything productive & get enough xp to actually get any better.
Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:20 AM   #876
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

It spikes. I find the best way to play is to just make the computer's AI better, then raising their stats.

On a fun note, if you decide to use the attribute setter, it works very well in BaGM mode (doesn't stop the AI GMs from being dumb as bricks, but it helps your team feel like a team).

You could also just do the same as me and make stupid builds. My Power Forward has the ability to pass equal to Bourque (and instincts to match it, but generally you can read the play well enough yourself). 65% of my pro points have been goals .
Old 02-03-2012, 08:36 AM   #877
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Played the most instense game last night. I actually won enough hut games in january to qualify for pro playoffs! So I start my first game and boom down 3-0. I claw back to mack it 3-2, but just before the end of the 1st they score to go up 4-2, and you could see the life sucked out of my team.

Come out in the second and hit everything that moves, and the goalie stands on his head and I am able to pot two quick ones to tie it up after 4-4 after two.

Heading into the third its a back to back game with both goalies playing well. Then the puck is poked off my stick behind, they try to clear but at the top of the slot Josh Smith snags it with his glove, brings it in and snipes it low blocker side. And then 9 minutes of getting my chances to get the insurance and Lehtonen makes an enormous save and I win my first ever hut playoff game. It was intense.

The best part is the guy I was playing had Oiler's jerseys on a top line of stacked Eberle, Hall and RNH.

Go into the second game with the crowd behind me and open the scoring on the powerplay on a delayed penalty call and get out to a 3-0 lead after 1 and then right after the intermission the guy quits, semi finals baby!!
FlamesKickAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #878
Cheerio
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Has anyone found any players in this game that are way better (or worse) than they should be? Antoine Vermette is always absolutely unreal in my game, and he was in NHL 11 too. Darren Helm is only an 82 but he plays more like a mid 80s guy.
Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #879
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would love to know who is in charge of assigning attributes and potential, especially in the junior leagues. They either need to funnel more resources into accuracy or overhaul the department.

Nail Yakupov, 5'3", with a C potential.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #880
Cheerio
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
I would love to know who is in charge of assigning attributes and potential, especially in the junior leagues. They either need to funnel more resources into accuracy or overhaul the department.

Nail Yakupov, 5'3", with a C potential.
In my game he is 5'1 with B potential I think
Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ea sports , goalie collisions , nhl , video games , winter classic