Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2021, 07:32 PM   #21
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

I can’t stand Mahomes’ Head and Shoulders commercial. Your hair can stand 100% humidity? Well try running in it in Tampa Bay when you’re being chased down by the Bucc’s D

Go Buccs!!
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 08:11 PM   #22
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Unless it's a torrential rainstorm or the Chiefs go for another round of Covid haircuts, I just don't see how they lose this game. They're just too dang good, and even after a probable slow start to this one, Mahomes is gonna do Mahomes things. Can Brady keep up?

I'd like to see the Chiefs win, beyond NFC South pettiness (aside from this year, which was directly Tom vs Drew related, Bucs is easily their least heated div rival)...I just really don't want to see that stupid NBA style superteam crap result in a title in the NFL; everyone was flocking to Tampa once Brady signed there it seems.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 08:54 AM   #23
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
Virginia just legalized online sports betting. The number of ads is worse than an election! Promos are insane, it seems. $1000 matching. 55 to 1 odds on whichever team you pick (up to a $5 bet), guarantee to get your losses back on bets up to $1000.

Anyone have any experience with these types of promos. Are there big catches and fine print?
Assuming the sites don't go bust?

Check for requirements of min betting to be eligible (on other stuff), min funded acct balance and most importantly that you can even cash out. I wouldn't be surprised if you had to leave the money in your account for x number of days in hopes you blow it all on other bets.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2021, 09:04 AM   #24
JBR
Franchise Player

Exp:

2020 has one last laugh at sports fans' expense.

2-0 Chiefs in triple overtime on a botched long snap safety.
JBR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JBR For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2021, 05:18 PM   #25
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Chiefs assistant coach Britt Reid, son of Andy Reid, was involved in a multi-vehicle crash Thursday night that left two children injured. He told the police he had 2 or 3 drinks before the accident.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 07:07 PM   #26
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

When someone says they've had two or three you can assume they mean seven or eight. Definitely not good.
Old 02-05-2021, 07:20 PM   #27
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Everyone loves Andy but there's a bit of a dark side to his private life as Britt and his late son Garrett both served time in prison. Also Britt had a DUI in the past so obviously hasn't learned his lesson. Not a good look for the Chiefs and the NFL. Hopefully the 5 year old with life threatening injuries pulls through.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 02-05-2021 at 07:24 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 07:31 PM   #28
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also, obligatory "you're goddman rich, pay for a cab loser".
Old 02-05-2021, 07:32 PM   #29
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

How do teams not arrange drivers during Super Bowl week?
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 10:46 PM   #30
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Everyone loves Andy but there's a bit of a dark side to his private life as Britt and his late son Garrett both served time in prison. Also Britt had a DUI in the past so obviously hasn't learned his lesson. Not a good look for the Chiefs and the NFL. Hopefully the 5 year old with life threatening injuries pulls through.
Pretty bold statement to make since you don't know if he's lying or not.
Old 02-05-2021, 11:27 PM   #31
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
I lol’d because you bolded it. So it is 100% a bold statement now!
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 06:10 PM   #32
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Chiefs assistant coach Britt Reid, son of Andy Reid, was involved in a multi-vehicle crash Thursday night that left two children injured. He told the police he had 2 or 3 drinks before the accident.
Was a toss up of who to cheer for. Well it's kinda easy now. the 5 year old has brain damage and is still in critical condition.
Old 02-06-2021, 06:49 PM   #33
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Going back to football, its important for Kansas to get on Tampa and keep the foot on the gas. If they let Tampa stick around and give Brady the chance to win the game in what could be his final super bowl watch out.

I think this is actually going to be a very good game.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 07:42 PM   #34
Kasi
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

For a guy who seems pretty chill at times (and is a Mormon as well) his kids seem to have their share of issues. Makes me wonder what’s going on that we don’t know about.
Kasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 07:17 AM   #35
fleuryisgod
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Anyone know of a reliable way to watch a US feed instead of CTV?

Thanks!
fleuryisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 08:19 AM   #36
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleuryisgod View Post
Anyone know of a reliable way to watch a US feed instead of CTV?

Thanks!
I believe you can sign up for a free trial of CBS All Access to watch their live feed. Or you can watch through the CBS Sports app.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2021, 09:09 AM   #37
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I said it in the playoff thread that this is a very easy game to analyze because it's going to come down to can the Bucs D line do enough to take advantage of a battered KC OLine. But in general the problem for the Bucs is their best chance to win is to do the opposite of their offensive and defensive coaches nature. For defense the problem for the Bucs is what they do best, stop the run, is only going to encourage KC to do what they do best, which is pass. And when the Chiefs do get into obvious passing downs, Todd Bowles nature is to get aggressive with blitzes, but that as we know is suicide against Mahomes. So how do you encourage the other team to run and play safe when all you know is the opposite?

And on offense the Bucs need to play a more Patriots like game of dink and dunk and possession, which is the antithesis of who Bruce Arians is. I applaud his desire to go for big plays, but you don't need to take a deep shot on every third and short, sometimes 4 yards on 3rd and 3 is ok too. Can he dial it back and try to win a game more in the 24-21 range instead of the 38-35 range? Ultimately it's tough to imagine Arians playing a dialed back game, and as we've seen in the playoffs and in the regular season the amount of deep shots they take will inevitably lead to a couple of picks. Can Arians go against type?

And yet....all of that might be rendered irrelevant by Mahomes. Even in games where he hasn't played great, he's still played great when his team needs it. Last year the 49ers played 50 minutes of nearly perfect football, and still lost by two scores in the end. Ignore questions of where he ranks on the greatest chart, Mahomes offers the greatest margin of error any team has ever had because in 10 minutes he can produce 3 TDs with little effort. You have to be so perfect to beat them, and they can beat you with their B game because of Mahomes. And such a fine margin is often too much to overcome, and I suspect it will be the same tonight.
Old 02-07-2021, 09:45 AM   #38
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
Weird thing to say considering he admitted to drinking and driving. I'll give him props for admitting it as most guys would deny and have their lawyer take care of things from there. Take a good look at his history and ask yourself if he's a man that deserves the benefit of the doubt here. There a 5 year old fighting for his life because of this man.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 11:41 AM   #39
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

I know that Erick is always looking for anything to slag the Chiefs as being an Oiler like organization. This is a terrible look though. Inside Football Andy Reid is loved by his players and has done a lot of things right. Being a NFL coach is extremely demanding though, and it's probably fair to say that his family life has suffered because of it. NFL Head coaching jobs are extremely demanding and the guys who have done it as long as Reid likely paid more attention to the job than to their family. Had he been able to win a Superbowl when he was a bit younger like Bill Cowher did, maybe he would have retired from Football back than. But by this point, he's probably sticking it out for a few more years until his health get's the best of him...which it will.

I seem to remember when Trestman was available and he was hesitant to leave the CFL. The money isn't close, and the fame isn't there, but he really valued the lifestyle that a CFL coach who had some left over NFL money in the bank could live. It's no excuse for Reid to have bad kids...but I do think it's a factor.

Last edited by Sylvanfan; 02-07-2021 at 11:50 AM.
Sylvanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 11:46 AM   #40
JBR
Franchise Player

Exp:

KC wins, I win my pool. So go Chiefs, otherwise meh to the game.
JBR is offline   Reply With Quote