Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2021, 10:43 PM   #21
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah seen that too. Makes sense. I like that actor/character I'm glad he's getting an expanded role.
Old 01-17-2021, 09:34 AM   #22
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think there is two options here.

1) Wanda is distraught and lost control over her powers / refuses to leave creating this fantasy world and the voice is trying to rescue her

2) Wanda has been captured and someone is able to manipulate her powers to use them as an interrogation tool and she is resisting giving out information.

The Sword logo on the fire truck and beekeeper suggests the first but the radio voice points more to the second.

I’m hoping this sitcom thing is slowly pushed to the side as the show itself isn’t very entertaining so if it’s all just JJ style breadcrumbs but no answers it won’t be great.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 11:48 AM   #23
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'm thinking its the second. When the boss was basically doing what I think is a base line interrogation and getting frustrated by their lack of knowledge.

There have been subtle signs of interrogation, the work place buddy asking lots of questions of Vision, as well as the neighborhood watch. For all we know the gum wasn't gum as much as a drug to effect Visions judgement.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2021, 12:24 PM   #24
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I think there is two options here.

1) Wanda is distraught and lost control over her powers / refuses to leave creating this fantasy world and the voice is trying to rescue her

2) Wanda has been captured and someone is able to manipulate her powers to use them as an interrogation tool and she is resisting giving out information.

The Sword logo on the fire truck and beekeeper suggests the first but the radio voice points more to the second.

I’m hoping this sitcom thing is slowly pushed to the side as the show itself isn’t very entertaining so if it’s all just JJ style breadcrumbs but no answers it won’t be great.
I think it could be both. She has created a bubble reality in her trauma after Endgame and SWORD is trying to break her out while some other entity* is trying to take advantage of her state and manipulate her.

Spoiler!
Old 01-17-2021, 02:11 PM   #25
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I take it to be the first

Spoiler!

My Prior was expecting this to be a hero vs self story. So I might be seeing things to confirm that.

Last edited by #-3; 01-17-2021 at 02:29 PM.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 02:15 PM   #26
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

dp

Last edited by #-3; 01-17-2021 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-17-2021, 02:48 PM   #27
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post
I take it to be the first

Spoiler!

My Prior was expecting this to be a hero vs self story. So I might be seeing things to confirm that.
The prevailing theory amongst the people who are digging for the hints is:

Spoiler!
Old 01-17-2021, 02:51 PM   #28
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope this show is going somewhere and soon because the first couple of episodes were a chore to watch.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2021, 03:05 PM   #29
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

By biggest criticism is being drip fed the episodes. Some shows with stronger stand alone episodes work fine with a weekly release but something like WandaVision, with shorter fast paced episodes slowly revealing an overall season mystery, is better for binging.
Old 01-17-2021, 03:19 PM   #30
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
By biggest criticism is being drip fed the episodes. Some shows with stronger stand alone episodes work fine with a weekly release but something like WandaVision, with shorter fast paced episodes slowly revealing an overall season mystery, is better for binging.
Agreed. Or maybe one more episode released to give us a taste of whats really happening.
Old 01-17-2021, 10:06 PM   #31
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well I am definitely intrigued and the performances are great. If I’m being honest with myself, it’s a little boring but the slow build will likely pay off. The homage to the TV if the era wasn’t compelling enough to carry an entire episode IMO so kind of wish a little more was going on.

That said if they had dropped the entire series at once I guarantee we’d have watched it all this weekend.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 10:13 PM   #32
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Theres no question that the idea is unique and the performances are excellent.

I get that this is a very deliberately built world. Its just that the first two episodes were hokey and boring and the little, tiny tidbits they gave us really didnt grab me all that much.

I echo the sentiment that maybe this should have been dropped as an entire season, that might have gone better.

That said, the characters and the producers have enough built-up goodwill that I think most fans will labour through the initially slow pace on the faith that the payoff will be worth the buildup.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 11:49 AM   #33
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah hopefully it picks up.

Second episode was much better than the first. Honestly had they just dropped one episode I might have stopped watching since I thought the first episode was bad.

Intrigued enough by the storyline of what's happening but still at times it feels tough watching 20 minutes of nothing just for the 2-3 minutes of clues as to what's happening.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 01:08 PM   #34
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Yeah hopefully it picks up.

Second episode was much better than the first. Honestly had they just dropped one episode I might have stopped watching since I thought the first episode was bad.

Intrigued enough by the storyline of what's happening but still at times it feels tough watching 20 minutes of nothing just for the 2-3 minutes of clues as to what's happening.
Yes I get that they are building a world here, but it's not a very deep or layered world with interesting characters so it's a little dry.

Kid of feels like a drawn out Twilight Zone episode so far.

They're certainly building the anticipation for the payoff.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 04:25 PM   #35
sketchyt
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I hope this show is going somewhere and soon because the first couple of episodes were a chore to watch.
We got the gist of the setup after about 3 minutes. Going two episodes while barely juxtaposing the concept with something else is insane unless the payoff is going to be exceptional.

There was no plot or story structure and it was awful. If this wasn't a Marvel thing, most viewers would drop kick this show into the gutter.
sketchyt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sketchyt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2021, 07:28 PM   #36
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I think it's also difficult that the format has moved forward a lot in 50 years, and the are deliberately copying the tone and pacing of a much less mature form of video entertainment. Hopefully we see an evolution in pacing as the frame moves. People really underestimate how much of a slog it is to go back and watch old content sometimes, tv/movies are just a lot more efficient these days.
Old 01-19-2021, 12:46 PM   #37
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post
People really underestimate how much of a slog it is to go back and watch old content sometimes, tv/movies are just a lot more efficient these days.
...and then you get Star Trek Discovery where they try and cram in 3 episodes into one to make it "fast paced" and "fluid" - and end up with a disjointed hot mess...

Good stories take time to unfold. Patience Daniel-san.
I-Hate-Hulse is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to I-Hate-Hulse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2021, 09:46 AM   #38
Hessen
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

If they choose a 90's family sitcom I'm hoping for Married With Children!
Hessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 10:15 AM   #39
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hessen View Post
If they choose a 90's family sitcom I'm hoping for Married With Children!

I would expect we'll get the brady bunch, they've hinted at it. Married with Children would be great, but would Disney allow it?

The question is, does the child grow up at that rate. Do we end up with a 30 year adult lounging on the couch smoking weed with Kelso?

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 01:33 PM   #40
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I would expect we'll get the brady bunch, they've hinted at it. Married with Children would be great, but would Disney allow it?

The question is, does the child grow up at that rate. Do we end up with a 30 year adult lounging on the couch smoking weed with Kelso?
Child?

From the promos it appears they have twins.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote