Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-20-2021, 09:52 AM   #1141
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The Kia we run as a third car for the kids to drive has been acting up so I pulled the code to see what's up. Looks like a throttle position sensor, cool. Drop it off at neighborhood mechanic and they confirm diagnosis. The bad news - you can't just replace the TPS, Kia designed it so that you have to replace the whole throttle body. $800 part instead of $80. Lovely.

Makes me appreciate my 20 year old Jeep that much more.
InglewoodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 10:35 AM   #1142
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodFan View Post
The Kia we run as a third car for the kids to drive has been acting up so I pulled the code to see what's up. Looks like a throttle position sensor, cool. Drop it off at neighborhood mechanic and they confirm diagnosis. The bad news - you can't just replace the TPS, Kia designed it so that you have to replace the whole throttle body. $800 part instead of $80. Lovely.

Makes me appreciate my 20 year old Jeep that much more.
Sounds like something to call around the wrecking yards for. And check online it's possible the aftermarket sells the part and it is replacable, just Kia only sells the assembly.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to speede5 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2021, 11:40 AM   #1143
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Pretty normal these days for integrated units, unfortunately. Only the plus side, you can probably pick up a TB online for less than $300 bucks, and they’re a incredibly easy to swap out, and the relearn procedures are usually just some sort of ignition on/time sequence.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:07 PM   #1144
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

InglewoodFan, what year and model of Kia do you have?

You can probably get a replacement (new or remanufactured) from RockAuto for under $200.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2021, 12:49 PM   #1145
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Godbless Rockauto, somehow they can send me 7 liters of oil and a filter for $17 shipping that crosses America in less than 3 days.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2021, 08:51 AM   #1146
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Suggestion for a Hemi (5.7) Mechanic...

2011 Ram 1500 QC Sport 117000 km

I have the P0301 code and if it isn't electric I may need some head work done.

I can swap coils and stuff but if major surgery is required, I need a pro.

Thanks.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:59 AM   #1147
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
So back in March when the Pandemic started taking hold, we took this on trade.... 2017 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd with 9,200 kms on it. Business was a bit slow, I was bored, so I said, "F*** it, I miss my Vette, we're all gonna be dead in 2 months, and I really miss me a RWD Manual Transmission V8 car on the cheap."

Not bad, but kinda bleh. It's plenty fast, but all the previous owner did was tint the thing. Now I view Mustangs a lot like Jeep Wranglers which are basically Mr. Potato head cars. No two should be the same, and they beg to be customized. But there's a fine line between wrecking it with a hack job, and doing something cool and classy.

My design language all along was, "I want this thing to look like a car a movie hitman would drive." Also, if you drew a picture in 1970 of a what you thought a 2017 Mustang would look like, that's what I want this one to look like. Kinda future-retro. Biggest thing of all, I wanted to this without blowing the bank.

So obviously we need a skunk stripe....

I love the old GT500 side stripes, but I didn't want to be 'that guy' and have GT500 on the side of a GT, so I had my Stripe guy replicate the OEM GT logo....

Nothing screams retro like shark gill side window louvers....

Wheels were definitely suck sauce, and too narrow in the rear. So I put 295s on the back on 10 X 20 rims, and 245s in the front on 8.5 X 20s on BBS LM replicas, clad with Falken Azenis High performance tires.

As far as performance, I wasn't looking for a total corner carver, but this car got very LOOSE at higher speeds. So that had to be dealt with. So I put in Eibach springs lowering the car 1" in the front, and 1.5" in the rear, while we got this on the hoist, we might as well piss off the neighbour, and put on a 4" Catback MBRP exhaust....

Under the hood, K and N Cold Air intake and the GT 350 Strut tower brace....

These two things woke up the car big time. Most guys online were getting about 35HP from the combo bringing it up to 470ish. I haven't had the car dyno'd but there's definitely way more punch out of the gate. Oh, and it sounds downright evil. The handling is absolutey night and day. In fact the car felt better than a Performance pack car in corners from a spring swap and a better tire combo.

Anyway, finished project:

All-in for under $32,000.

Now time to go mow down some pedestrians at a cars and coffee meet.....wait, maybe I'll do that after I install the 670HP Roush Supercharger kit I ordered last week.... stay tuned.
So...any update?!
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2021, 01:20 PM   #1148
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://jalopnik.com/the-radically-r...y-a-1846199162

Nissan made something new! And it doesn't look like garbage! And it's not huge! This has me interested. The crew cab with an actual useful 6.1ft long bed, that is.
Quote:
Designer Alfonso Albaisa confirmed the truck’s bed was “raised significantly” to better suit the desired design direction for the vehicle overhaul, though.
Boo. Why make it harder to load? Silly Alfonso. In general I like it thoguh. Human scale truck. Win.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2021, 01:21 PM   #1149
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Video here:
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022...t-look-review/
Old 02-04-2021, 01:47 PM   #1150
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

That looks great. Good job, Nissan. Reminds you there was a time when they made cool vehicles...like my old '87:

NSFW!
Old 02-04-2021, 01:48 PM   #1151
HockeyIlliterate
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post

Nissan made something new! And it doesn't look like garbage! And it's not huge! This has me interested. The crew cab with an actual useful 6.1ft long bed, that is.
Rear doors look pretty narrow in that photo. Are they full size or a normal width in real life?
HockeyIlliterate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 01:50 PM   #1152
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyIlliterate View Post
Rear doors look pretty narrow in that photo. Are they full size or a normal width in real life?
They do look kind of small, but could be just the way Nissan rolls. Here is a side view of my 2000 where the rear doors are also pretty small:

NSFW!

I do think the smaller doors and smaller rear seat room is acceptable in a small truck, though. If you start going bigger you're at a full-size truck before you know it.
Old 02-04-2021, 01:59 PM   #1153
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya, you need a usable bed, otherwise you may as well get an SUV. Lots of sites have photos out now, but only of the 4x Crew Cab. I'd like to see the low end King Cab, if anyone comes across any.

Also, awesome truck Sliver. My parent's friends had this little blue one like that, that his son learned to drive on. Crashed it all the time, and came to our garage to pound out the dings before his parents could see them! This truck got very little maintenance, and had the crap beat out of it for years. When I thought it could live no more after a few years rusting in Invermere, it finally ended up making the drive to Belize where it spent the rest of it's years. It was really indestructible.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2021, 02:04 PM   #1154
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

I know it was already briefly discussed a few months ago, but my god, I am in love with the new Bronco.

I won't get one for the foreseeable future as my vehicle is still new, but I'm hoping it sticks around. That truck looks fantastic.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2021, 02:18 PM   #1155
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I know it was already briefly discussed a few months ago, but my god, I am in love with the new Bronco.

I won't get one for the foreseeable future as my vehicle is still new, but I'm hoping it sticks around. That truck looks fantastic.
Totally. I love it so much.

Edit: And since I'm on a roll here, I like the new Bronco almost as much as my vehicle from high school...ole' hang-around brown ('85 Bronco II):

NSFW!

Last edited by Sliver; 02-04-2021 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-04-2021, 02:34 PM   #1156
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like the Bronco but it does get pretty pricey when you option it up with the cool stuff. Also Ford is usually really good when it comes to optioning interior colors but they are only offering two or three depending on the trim which kind of sucks for a $50k+ vehicle.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 02:49 PM   #1157
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have fallen in car love with the Genesis g70 v6 awd.

I want one. I think i can get the remodel 2022 with the new genesis front end. I really dig what Hyundai are doing right now.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2021, 02:58 PM   #1158
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Some Bronco insight. Not being in a hurry to get one is a good thing. If you decided today you wanted one, you are about a year away, longer for certain models (2dr Wildtrack). Do to issues with parts suppliers, production has now been backed up to May, with vehicles expected to arrive July/ August. These are all "pre sold" vehicles from the online reservation campaign launched in the fall. It looks at this point all dealers have outsold their 2021 allotment. For example our store is getting 20 or so but pre sold 34. Now when it comes time to physically sit down and order these with the lucky customers, availability of certain models will be limited so some customers may back out given their specific wants. We already know that that demand on the 2door Wildtracks will outweigh supply, so if a customer really wants one of those over, say an available 4 door Base, well they can opt out and another customer will have an opportunity on the 4 door Base model.

Also a lot of confusion between the Bronco and the (currently available) Bronco Sport. The Bronco Sport is an entirely different vehicle on a different platform not designed for off road use, it is a square body Escape. Also of note is that the Bronco has a maximum towing capacity of 3500lbs, so not a truck replacement when it comes to towing.
Old 02-04-2021, 03:04 PM   #1159
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Bronco Sport is not the one you want! Due porte has me drooling.
Old 02-04-2021, 04:14 PM   #1160
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
The Bronco Sport is not the one you want! Due porte has me drooling.
I saw a Bronco Sport on the road the other day. If it wasn't for the BRONCO grill I would've thought it was just another SUV. Two door is def the way to go.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote