Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2023, 09:00 PM   #9561
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
NvM. Troll job I think.
"Kyrou and Tarasenko to be Flames really soon. With Lucic going the other way"

you think!
Old 02-05-2023, 09:01 PM   #9562
bigrangy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Very much agree on Gurianov. Seriously underused and under appreciated in Dallas.
Old 02-05-2023, 10:57 PM   #9563
Sandman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gurianov is a beaut. Getting him would be a coup IMO, he has so much more to offer than what he's shown in Dallas. I could see him blowing up like Nichushkin did.
Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2023, 11:20 PM   #9564
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by genetic_phreek View Post
I'm wondering, Stars are looking good this season, if they are looking to make a deal, Gurianov has somewhat turned into their Sam Bennett, I wonder what the cost would be to get him. Big, fast, plays RW, could be a good reclamation.
The last thing the Flames need is another LH forward.

He'd better be free if he ends up on the Flames.
Old 02-05-2023, 11:21 PM   #9565
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
The last thing the Flames need is another LH forward.

He'd better be free if he ends up on the Flames.
Old 02-05-2023, 11:40 PM   #9566
genetic_phreek
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
Gurianov is a beaut. Getting him would be a coup IMO, he has so much more to offer than what he's shown in Dallas. I could see him blowing up like Nichushkin did.
That's exactly who came to mind when I had this thought.
genetic_phreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 12:22 AM   #9567
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by genetic_phreek View Post
I'm wondering, Stars are looking good this season, if they are looking to make a deal, Gurianov has somewhat turned into their Sam Bennett, I wonder what the cost would be to get him. Big, fast, plays RW, could be a good reclamation.
I don't think we're in a position to be taking on reclamation projects. Especially because we're an older team that's on the outside looking in, that doesn't have a lot of cap space/flexibility next year.
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 12:34 AM   #9568
memphusk
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvitaly View Post
I don't think we're in a position to be taking on reclamation projects. Especially because we're an older team that's on the outside looking in, that doesn't have a lot of cap space/flexibility next year.
Its exactly what they should be doing. This core is set for the next 6 years. Find pieces to work with them that won't be a huge cost.
Old 02-06-2023, 03:44 AM   #9569
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphusk View Post
Its exactly what they should be doing. This core is set for the next 6 years. Find pieces to work with them that won't be a huge cost.
Gurianov makes almost $3m and has 9 points, better idea would be to use our youth while they're cheap, I'm pretty confident a guy like Zary would fill in as good as Gurianov.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 10:18 AM   #9570
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphusk View Post
How often do those pieces actually work for the Flames?

Just look at the players management brought in via trades and the picks involved:
Miss: Carpenter,(5th) Jarkrok(2nd, 3rd), Pitlick(4th), Gustafsson(3rd), Forbort(4th), Fantanberg(4th), Shore(7th), Lack(6th), Mike Smith(3rd), Lazar(2nd), etc.

Hit: Zadorov(3rd), Vladar(3rd), Stone (after he was bought out)

Not projects: Huberdeau, Weegar, Toffoli, Lindholm, Hanifin, Hamonic.

Based on this list the Flames should either make big trades or none at all.
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 10:30 AM   #9571
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Smith, Gustafsson, Fantenberg, Carptenter and Jarnkrok all played well enough here. I wouldn’t call any of them a miss for their play, for some it was a miss for not re-signing them.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 10:31 AM   #9572
traptor
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvitaly View Post
How often do those pieces actually work for the Flames?

Just look at the players management brought in via trades and the picks involved:
Miss: Carpenter,(5th) Jarkrok(2nd, 3rd), Pitlick(4th), Gustafsson(3rd), Forbort(4th), Fantanberg(4th), Shore(7th), Lack(6th), Mike Smith(3rd), Lazar(2nd), etc.

Hit: Zadorov(3rd), Vladar(3rd), Stone (after he was bought out)

Not projects: Huberdeau, Weegar, Toffoli, Lindholm, Hanifin, Hamonic.

Based on this list the Flames should either make big trades or none at all.
Man that lazar trade was a headscratcher
traptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 10:57 AM   #9573
Flaming Horse
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by traptor View Post
GO big or stay home.Tre needs to make a move now and try to improve the team to help get them into the playoffs.This team is built for now. Its not about what we as fans want them to do or what we think they will do. The flames owners are all about just get in and lets see what happens.They want that home date revenue.So there should be no waiting to see what the team does.They need to do something sooner and help get this team in. The defense has a serious lack of depth.Stone should not be a regular. There is a big hole on the right side of Hubey and Kadri. Pelts is a nice story for now but how much better would the team look with a Duclair,as long he is healthy on Hubeys wing.Dare to dream for a Konecny. A fourth line of Pelts,Ruzicka and lewis would look pretty good and the team is set. Get to work Treliving.
Flaming Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 11:02 AM   #9574
MrMike
Franchise Player

Exp:

Vancouver says only Peterson is safe.
Go big and try to get Quinn Hughes from Vancouver.
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 11:03 AM   #9575
Flaming Horse
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
icon54

There is a rumour that Vegas is interested in Bertuzzi. That is the type of move that I personally would like to happen.A younger guy, with term and is a legitimate top 6 that can play with pace. He can also play with a bit of an edge.
Flaming Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 11:05 AM   #9576
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by traptor View Post
At the time it wasn't that much of a reach. He was a fairly high draft pick not too long before that, he was fast with some size and grit. 20 points in his sophomore year, only one season removed from the trade. aqnd stuck behind a bunch of decent forwards in Ottawa - Stone, Hoffman, Turris, Dzingel, Pageau, Brassard, Ryan. Clearly a reclamation project but if he worked out, he'd have been better than a typical second rounder with a lot of runway left in his career. He seemed pretty useful for Boston last year in a bottom six, PK role.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 11:10 AM   #9577
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.nhl.com/news/brad-treliv...om/c-340735594

Treliving Q&A:
Quote:
"Listen, we'd like to add to our team, but the most critical part is where your team's at, right?" the Flames general manager said. "We've got some work to do to get ourselves into a better position than we currently are. We've been up and down. There's been some inconsistency to our game. It's hard to sit here and start making any proclamations about what you're going to do at the deadline. We continue to watch our team.

"We'd like to help it, but you've got to be careful how far you chase it when you're in the position we're in."

Adding a top-nine forward was a priority in training camp. Has that list changed at all or have you changed your perspective as to what this team needs?

"I'm not going to go too detailed into what we think we could need or what not. I think we could certainly use another forward. Now, as I said at that time too, people think that's coming from outside the organization. That might be coming from the inside. We've got some people within the organization that have had some good years in the [American Hockey League], we've seen (forward Jakob) Pelletier now. You do a little bit of internal auditing to see what you have internally. Can that come from within? I think our group could use another forward. Is there other pieces we'd like to tweak? Sure. It's all sort of wrapped up in the same question in 'how far can you chase this' where we're currently at right now.

On defenseman Oliver Kylington (who is away from the Flames because of personal reasons), do you have clarity as to whether or not he'll be back with the team this season, or do you need to know his status by a certain date to know how to approach the deadline?

"Yeah, certainly we do. Those are things that we work on behind the scenes. Yeah, it's certainly something we want to have clarity on as soon as we possibly can. We want to be supportive, and we have been, but certainly clarity there is going to be required as we get closer to March 3."
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2023, 11:12 AM   #9578
Jiggy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Horse View Post
There is a rumour that Vegas is interested in Bertuzzi. That is the type of move that I personally would like to happen.A younger guy, with term and is a legitimate top 6 that can play with pace. He can also play with a bit of an edge.
He's an UFA after this year.
Jiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 11:13 AM   #9579
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

We need a clear cut upgrade to even consider moving a 1st and prospect.

No might need a change scenery type of player.

Pelts is just playing his second game in a top 6 role lets see what he can provide. We will need production from the young players on cheap contracts.
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 11:13 AM   #9580
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sounds like he doesn't yet have the clarity he wants on Kylington.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote