Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2023, 01:28 PM   #181
Burning Beard
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesfan05 View Post
He is their Kadri

Was trying to do couple things by himself and ended up accomplished nothing
He did try skating through everyone and lose the puck at the blue line a couple of times just like Kadri does sometimes.
Burning Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 01:36 PM   #182
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
I wasn't overly engaged with the game on. But I did not notice Eichel one bit last night. I had to check my yahoo app to check that he wasn't injured and not playing.

Vegas did look bad as a whole, but they need Thompson back and in form come playoffs. I don't think they can rely on Quick to be consistent enough to give them the goaltending they need to win a series.
I can't remember the last time I saw Eichel play and was impressed. He's a ppg player, but when he was drafted, he was expected to be kind of half a step below McDavid.
I guess the major back injury has probably had a significant effect on his play.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 01:43 PM   #183
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesfan05 View Post
Lol people bitch about Lucic because he sucked at playing hockey and being overused by Sutter. He has no business out there at critical times. Defense or offense. He provides nothing.

Nobody says he is bad guy or bad team mate
The equivalent of bitching about snow in your front yard repeatedly, hourly even, for the entirety of winter. Like hell, it has an end point. Chill the hell out and stop being annoying. No one cares the first time, nor the 6000th time except the same people who are equally ridiculous and just want to feel like they’ve found a like little group of annoying head bashers.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2023, 02:34 PM   #184
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
I can't remember the last time I saw Eichel play and was impressed. He's a ppg player, but when he was drafted, he was expected to be kind of half a step below McDavid.
I guess the major back injury has probably had a significant effect on his play.
That trade is a huge win for Buffalo. I wouldn't trade them back Tuch 1-for-1 for Eichel, let alone the other pieces in the deal.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2023, 02:38 PM   #185
skcli
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
What does bitching about him every game, win or lose, accomplish that bitching about him once or not at all doesn’t?
Will not stop until Lucic stop occupying a spot on this team.He is a minus 13. This is more on Sutter, not Lucic.
skcli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 02:48 PM   #186
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
He stung the Flames in one game against Buffalo with a wicked slapper. That's about it. I agree, his PPG seems to be super quiet.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 02:49 PM   #187
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcli View Post
Will not stop until Lucic stop occupying a spot on this team.He is a minus 13. This is more on Sutter, not Lucic.
So yell at your TV screen. I bet 1-in-15 posts in the last 15 GDT, GT, PGT threads is a bitch about Lucic. ####, we knowwwwwwwwwwww
Old 03-17-2023, 02:53 PM   #188
HighLifeMan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
So yell at your TV screen. I bet 1-in-15 posts in the last 15 GDT, GT, PGT threads is a bitch about Lucic. ####, we knowwwwwwwwwwww
And equally as many about Huberdeau or Sutter.

That's the name of the game when you have won just 45% of your games this season.
HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 03:04 PM   #189
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What does bitching about him every game, win or lose, accomplish that bitching about him once or not at all doesn’t?
You do realize everything everyone writes in this forum does virtually nothing right?
Old 03-17-2023, 03:10 PM   #190
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
And equally as many about Huberdeau or Sutter.

That's the name of the game when you have won just 45% of your games this season.
For some people it is. And the point he is making is that those people are annoying.

Some of us find the will not to make a comment, let alone several, about our own personal whipping boy every game. It’s less difficult than you imagine it is and actually more fun because you get to have different conversations instead of trying to have the same one 100+ times.

Just try it out is all. Who knows. Could be a riot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
You do realize everything everyone writes in this forum does virtually nothing right?
A lot of it makes for decent conversation, actually, which is all it really needs to accomplish. Repeating the same complaints every game doesn’t, and nothing you post does, but otherwise it’s mostly pretty good.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 03:15 PM   #191
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Some of us find the will not to make a comment, let alone several, about our own personal whipping boy every game. It’s less difficult than you imagine it is and actually more fun because you get to have different conversations instead of trying to have the same one 100+ times.
I always imagine, in GTs, that some posters hover over their keyboards with a criticism waiting to go, and push "submit" as soon as they perceive an error.
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2023, 03:32 PM   #192
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I always imagine, in GTs, that some posters hover over their keyboards with a criticism waiting to go, and push "submit" as soon as they perceive an error.
Do they have a shared Microsoft Office Word document that has 5 separate whines and they just copy and paste from it over and over.

One for Lucic, one for Sutter, one for Huberdeau, one for Kadri, and one for Treliving?
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 03:36 PM   #193
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
Do they have a shared Microsoft Office Word document that has 5 separate whines and they just copy and paste from it over and over.

One for Lucic, one for Sutter, one for Huberdeau, one for Kadri, and one for Treliving?
You forgot Markstrom. Even now those guys pop out. Hanifin gets it a fair bit too.

It's tough to control or criticize but it does get annoying when a simple missed pass, or lost puck battle which every player does, results in a complaint. Or every goal on Markstrom, no matter how it went in.

Last edited by GioforPM; 03-17-2023 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-18-2023, 05:32 AM   #194
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by USflamesfan View Post
never mind 7 points behind seattle
Still catchable. The Oilers are only 8 points ahead.
Old 03-18-2023, 05:34 AM   #195
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Postgame links
https://stats.cbc.ca/hockey/nhl/recap/146797
https://www.espn.com/nhl/recap/_/gameId/401459678
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/games/2466730/