Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2021, 08:45 AM   #161
BruceCody
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
Lots of Leaf fans think Tkachuk purposely kneed Campbell in the back of the head when going down at the end of the game. I'll say the way he pulls the knee back does seem a little strange. What say you Flames fans?

https://streamable.com/3ihr4j
if you got answer you need for your question, does it mean Simmonds or Bogo do nothing next game? cmon, go back to hf

Last edited by BruceCody; 01-25-2021 at 10:44 AM.
BruceCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 08:49 AM   #162
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

It was an obvious knee but didn't appear to have much of an impact. Ref saw it clearly and didn't react. Total non-issue as far as I'm concerned.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:23 AM   #163
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Is the some kind of Flames Jedi mind trick?

There's nothing to see here. Watch Monahan in the middle. He is the one you're looking for.
His stick pitchforks Tkachuk's leg. That's why his knee rises like that as he's falling.
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:25 AM   #164
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is it my poor recollection or is the shot of Campbell struggling from before the dogpile? IIRC he was hurt a play or two before then.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:27 AM   #165
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Lots of Leaf fans think Tkachuk purposely kneed Campbell in the back of the head when going down at the end of the game. I'll say the way he pulls the knee back does seem a little strange. What say you Flames fans?

https://streamable.com/3ihr4j
Optically it doesn't look the best and I get why Leafs fans are mad but by the way that fan base is acting you would think Tkachuk took out a gun and shot him on the ice.

IMO the super slow motion video actually shows what's happening. Brodie gets tangled up underneath Tkachuks feet, and Tkachuk's right leg actually crosses over and wraps around his left leg.

He then picks that leg up to avoid rolling it over, and I think he's actually trying to not step on Campbell which would have probably been a much worse outcome.

The visuals look bad but it all happens in a millisecond in real time and it was probably a bit accidentally on purpose but don't think he's trying to hurt him there.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:29 AM   #166
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Is it my poor recollection or is the shot of Campbell struggling from before the dogpile? IIRC he was hurt a play or two before then.
Yes, he hurt his leg or maybe his groin.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:30 AM   #167
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Yes, he hurt his leg or maybe his groin.
Right. I’m wondering is if the shot of him in this little clip was rearranged. I could be wrong.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:36 AM   #168
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Right. I’m wondering is if the shot of him in this little clip was rearranged. I could be wrong.
It was after he was hurt. Which would make the Tkachuk haters even more mad thinking that the "vicious intentional knee" was why he was hurt.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:53 AM   #169
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I dont dislike Lucic, but IMO he's the reason we lost. Bad turnover led to a goal against, bad penalty led to a goal against, and that's all he contributed. Not to mention the momentum he kills. He's using the rare combo of dumb AND slow right now, thats brutal in the NHL.

Can't keep playing him if that's the result. Just one game, but again we lost because of him.
8sPOT is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 8sPOT For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2021, 09:56 AM   #170
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Location: F*** me. We're so f***ing good, you check the f***ing standings? Lets f***ing go! F***ing practice!
Exp:

With the strange season, playing these teams 10 times each and the hate that will build, Tkachuk is going to draw more penalties than he ever has this year.

When we were down 3-2, I watched him go out of his way and skate all the way from across the ice to the benches to target and nail Simmons as he was about to change. It was quite obvious he was trying to rile him up to get another PP going.

He really is a super pest and hes damn good at it. He wants that target on his back.

Backlund for Selke 2017 2018
Oilers suck.
CsInMyBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 10:07 AM   #171
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
I dont dislike Lucic, but IMO he's the reason we lost. Bad turnover led to a goal against, bad penalty led to a goal against, and that's all he contributed. Not to mention the momentum he kills. He's using the rare combo of dumb AND slow right now, thats brutal in the NHL.

Can't keep playing him if that's the result. Just one game, but again we lost because of him.
He was directly responsible for the momentum change in the WPG game as well.

I don't hate him either, and I don't like piling on players, but he hasn't just had a slow start, he is costing the team games right now.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 10:09 AM   #172
Burning Beard
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CsInMyBlood View Post
With the strange season, playing these teams 10 times each and the hate that will build, Tkachuk is going to draw more penalties than he ever has this year.

When we were down 3-2, I watched him go out of his way and skate all the way from across the ice to the benches to target and nail Simmons as he was about to change. It was quite obvious he was trying to rile him up to get another PP going.

He really is a super pest and hes damn good at it. He wants that target on his back.
Yeah he is all over the ice trying to get the other teams riled up already. We finally have a super pest and I am loving it.

As a fan base we need to embrace this. One game against the Leafs this year and the media and fans out there are already calling for suspensions or Simmonds to retaliate. Tkachuk loves putting that laser focus on himself and seeing the same teams for 9 or 10 games each he is going to become public enemy number one in Canada.

I hate seeing Flames fans apologize on Reddit or wherever for Tkachuk. We need to be happy the pest is on our team for a change.

Last edited by Burning Beard; 01-25-2021 at 10:12 AM.
Burning Beard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 10:18 AM   #173
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
He was...that is a deep fake video and Leaf fans are idiots

Nobody is scared of Simmonds
Old 01-25-2021, 10:38 AM   #174
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

This isn’t even a conversation if it’s not Tkachuk. The media just so badly wants a storyline for the Leafs that they’ll spin it into a controversy. Nothing to see here. Move on.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 10:47 AM   #175
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

"I don't look at him as a menace, I look at him as a really good hockey player."
Gotta love Jack Campbell. Seems like a great guy.

Just last week, Campbell wanted to shake Stützle's hand after Stützle scored his first goal on Campbell.
1qqaaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 10:51 AM   #176
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
This isn’t even a conversation if it’s not Tkachuk. The media just so badly wants a storyline for the Leafs that they’ll spin it into a controversy. Nothing to see here. Move on.

Exactly.

Something to talk about other than that the Leafs had to *gasp* ... travel

Toronto media is insufferable
DeluxeMoustache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 10:52 AM   #177
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought it was definitely greasy of Tkachuk, but calling for a suspension is laughable. You see these things happen all the time. Having said that, I would be fine if the NHL starts handing out penalties for that kind of thing, as long as they are consistent. There really isn't a need for those antics and getting it out of the game would be good IMO.

It's worth mentioning that Campbell was injured before any of that happened, so it's not like Tkachuk contributed to that. I think Campbell was actually being selfish for refusing to pull himself when he was clearly struggling. Tkachuk was just trying to make him frustrated on top of that.
Old 01-25-2021, 11:05 AM   #178
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Honest question, I know Brett Ritchie isn't great but at this point would he not fit better than Lucic? Essentially plays the same role (outside of Lucic's weird PP usage, which Bennett could take) and his being in the lineup as a RHS means a guy like Bennett goes back to his natural wing.

Sure, a young player like Phillips or Gawdin would be better received by the fanbase, but its pretty clear management/coaches want the Lucic style of player in that lineup night in and night out.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 11:08 AM   #179
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

would rather see Pelletier
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2021, 11:09 AM   #180
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Cant argue that but if we accept that this is the kind of player they want in the lineup, and we have no choice but to accept it, is he the best option?
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote