Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2020, 10:10 AM   #2781
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumniate View Post
I preordered the new flight simulator. Had the original as a kid. Don't have any flight sim gear but it's going to be cool exploring I think
I played in the beta but only flew over Calgary/Airdrie a few times it was pretty cool.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 01:09 PM   #2782
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

I've never played a flight sim before - is it 1:1 scale? Does it really take hours to fly from NYC to LA?
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 01:48 PM   #2783
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
I've never played a flight sim before - is it 1:1 scale? Does it really take hours to fly from NYC to LA?
You can play it in real-time, yup.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2020, 02:21 PM   #2784
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
Fall Guys is so fun. Free PS+ game this month.
Yep played about 3 hours of Fall Guys with friends on PC last night. Loads of fun and more maps expected soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 04:58 PM   #2785
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
It's 1:1 and apparently very well mapped out, to the point you can find your house in certain areas. But it's from bing.. lol. And apparently they can't get the water levels right but seems like a big step forward in many ways
calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calumniate For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2020, 09:22 PM   #2786
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumniate View Post
It's 1:1 and apparently very well mapped out, to the point you can find your house in certain areas. But it's from bing.. lol. And apparently they can't get the water levels right but seems like a big step forward in many ways
I’ve seen a bunch of washed out bridges and wonky buildings but it’s still pretty amazing what they’ve accomplished. The game looks gorgeous and I can’t wait to try it.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 10:28 AM   #2787
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been playing the entire Metro remastered series on Xbone recently. Metro 2033, Last Light, Exodus. They kind of flew under the radar, but I'm really enjoying them. If you like story-driven linear FPS similar to Wolfenstein, you'll like these. They take place in post-apocalypse Moscow. Great mood and settings. A tier below Wolfensten in terms of quality. But very similar in gameplay and I'm greatly enjoying them.

They are based on the original Metro book series and I'm trying to track down an english paperback copy, yet doesn't appear to be in stock anywhere unfortunately.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 07:05 PM   #2788
IrishSpring2013
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Any Xbox One users have an issue with their owned but not installed games showing up? "Ready to Install" is the label if I recall correctly. I've fiddled with the filter option and did a hard reset but nothing.
IrishSpring2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 11:17 AM   #2789
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Super...

https://twitter.com/user/status/1291720790447136768

From the studio that brought us the Arkham series.
Old 08-07-2020, 01:33 PM   #2790
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

In some ways, Ghost of Tsushima feels a lot like the Zelda game I wanted when Breath of Wild came out (wasn't a fan). Not in its wonderfully violent combat, there's just something about the feel, art style, gameplay mechanics of it that almost instantly reminded me of BoTW.

I'm only a few hours in, and so far quite enjoying it. The combat gets super frustrating when my view gets blocked by tall grass or a tree, which seems to happen every confrontation. And I get slaughtered in about 9/10 standoffs.

Its a bit more simplistic than other games I've played recently, which is actually a plus. No waiting for your horse to come running or worry about walking it into a tree. You don't have to eat, or worry about weather, etc. It's certainly not as detail-orientated as Read Dead 2 (lets face it, nothing is as detail-orientated and immersive as RDR2), and the storylines aren't as tight, but it's still pretty terrific.

And as with Assassin's Creed, I have been given a thimble of knowledge about this particular bit of world history for which I can now expound on as though I'm an expert.

Last edited by Sr. Mints; 08-08-2020 at 01:51 PM.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sr. Mints For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2020, 10:32 AM   #2791
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finished Ghost of Tsushima and cleaned up for the Platinum trophy, absolutely fantastic and one of my favorite PS4 games. The final quest and ending are an emotional gut-punch. I hope they do some DLC or a stand-alone expansion type thing, would love to have more to experience in this world. It's far at the top of my GOTY list so far and I have trouble imagining how anything could top it.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 01:08 PM   #2792
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Yeah Ghost of Tsushima was one of the best games I’ve played in a long time, and certainly the most fun “serious” game. You can play it however you want, as there’s really zero penalty for playing hack and slash over stealth, there are a lot of repetitive elements to hit platinum but you really don’t need to engage with them if you don’t want to. The story is good, a few flaws, but as entertaining and emotionally engaging as anything in the genre of not more so.

I could say a lot more, but long story short is that I loved it. Would love for a DLC or something to add more to it, but I’m also completely satisfied with the experience as it is.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 02:26 PM   #2793
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just platinumed it this morning as well and was very impressed. Really well done story overall and I enjoyed the secondary character side quests. Even though they were just your typical "fetch quest" style missions the stories for each one was interesting and so well intertwined with the main quest they felt essential to learning more about the characters. I thought they were great.

Also enjoyed the way the various types of armor and charms could change the way you play the game. I leaned on the Gosaku armor the most but would swap to samurai for the duels, ronin for stealth, and Sakai for the stand-offs. Plus the wanderer for exploring and clearing out an area after all enemies were down.

I can't really think of any gripes with the game at all. Maybe the gear menu could have been a bit easier to navigate as at the end of the game you have way too many headbands, hats, and charms to scroll through, maybe sort them a bit better?

Also, the game was the perfect length for me and gets an easy 10 out of 10. I hope any sequels don't try and expand the size of the world like AC as it just leads to burn out. Keep the world close to the same size and expand on some of the great concepts introduced and I'd be happy.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:35 PM   #2794
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm only half way through but it's definitely a very good game. At its core it's basically an AC game based in Japan so if you like AC you are going to like this. In some ways it betters AC and in some it's inferior but overall it's on par. Definitely a breath of fresh air (sorry ND but fun matters) after the doldrums of playing through TLOU2.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 02:38 PM   #2795
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also, anyone try the Avengers Beta today? Played a bit of it and not sure I'm going to keep my pre-order now. Not that it's terrible but the gear system felt overly complex and feels like it's setting up to be a grind. IGN also mentioned that the progression scaling in the Beta is not representative of the real game and you'll have less drops and gain experience at a slower rate. Plus they mention a challenge card system that is their take on a battle pass type system which i have no interest in at all.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:50 PM   #2796
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really enjoyed the Avengers beta. I went from completely concerned about it to pretty excited about it.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 03:06 PM   #2797
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhettzky View Post
Also, anyone try the Avengers Beta today? Played a bit of it and not sure I'm going to keep my pre-order now. Not that it's terrible but the gear system felt overly complex and feels like it's setting up to be a grind. IGN also mentioned that the progression scaling in the Beta is not representative of the real game and you'll have less drops and gain experience at a slower rate. Plus they mention a challenge card system that is their take on a battle pass type system which i have no interest in at all.
Avengers has looked like "AAA Game: The Game" since the day it was revealed, using all the worst and most boring junk this gen ushered in. It's a shame too because I think there's a fun looking game in there somewhere buried beneath all of the live service, faux-MMO, loot/gear-overload stuff they've sandwiched in to try to get you to play a superhero beat 'em up for 500 hours. A 20-30 hour single player Avengers game with a great, tight story and interesting mechanics would've been awesome. This just looks... bleh.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2020, 07:01 PM   #2798
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Won my first match in Fall Guys. You could say I'm a pretty big deal now
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:01 AM   #2799
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

There's an achievement to win 5 matches in a row in Fall Guys.
I don't think I'll ever get that.
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:39 AM   #2800
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSpring2013 View Post
Any Xbox One users have an issue with their owned but not installed games showing up? "Ready to Install" is the label if I recall correctly. I've fiddled with the filter option and did a hard reset but nothing.
If it's the same screen I'm thinking of, it shows my installed game vs my ready to install game in separate tabs when on the game listing screen. Now instead of saying ready to install, it shows those games with a little download icon.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote