Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 11:10 PM   #1241
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
And as far as tomorrow's game goes, several central rows that were marked as sold this morning are back available now. *sigh*. If anyone wants to go on the cheap though, a block of 5 seats in 401 ($31 including fees) also came available.
Sponsors, owners, players families and tickets for the opponents families, usually have a 24-36h rofr for prime tickets, and those have been declined and thus released.

Hoping for some solid weather tomorrow, and see how Spruce handles a significantly larger crowd than the past 3 weekend games I've attended.
Obviously hoping for a great result as well.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2019, 08:58 AM   #1242
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Game day. Let's clinch this thing...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2019, 10:21 AM   #1243
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

This has nothing to do with today's game, but came across a Youtube match day video from York. Thought it was an interesting video. Also, so glad we have Spruce Meadows instead of this.

Old 06-22-2019, 04:06 PM   #1244
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Pitch looks pretty rough today.

Bekker with the opener. 1-0 Forge.
Old 06-22-2019, 05:55 PM   #1245
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well that was disappointing. Still two games and we need two points to clinch now. I hope that we can take care of that quick and get ready for October.
Old 06-22-2019, 07:03 PM   #1246
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Good crowd of nearly 5000.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnny199r For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2019, 07:57 PM   #1247
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

The crowd looked great and really the Cavalry had their chances. I actually think it’s a little good to get that first loss out of the picture, although I have developed a hatred for the Forge! I did think they deserved a draw today, but they just couldn’t convert.
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2019, 08:13 PM   #1248
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

I hope to see that little fekker Bekker with a face of bitter disappointment in early November.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2019, 09:56 PM   #1249
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

They were going to have to lose eventually and that would be the way to do it. I thought Cavalry was the better team on the day but they were too wasteful with their opportunities and tried too often to make the perfect play rather than take what was available to them.

I thought Waterman had a decent game in midfield. I’d like to see him and Zator get a run of games if we’re going to play a back 4 more often as his passing ability would help facilitate the possession game they’re asking of the defenders.

Catching the end of the Whitecaps match and the commentators are talking up the next run of games the Whitecaps have and were quite complimentary of Cavalry and the football they’re playing, despite losing today.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M*A*S*H 4077 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2019, 03:39 AM   #1250
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’ve just watched it. I thought a draw would be a fair outcome. That bullet by Escalante to start the second half would’ve been a beauty and a game changer.

It will be interesting to see how we bounce back. This will be where we learn more about this team and I’m optimistic.

It was great to see such a good and vocal crowd at the game. I’d love to go myself but am usually only in Calgary during Easter/Spring break.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barnet Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2019, 09:32 AM   #1251
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was the first loss I've ever seen in person. Thought Cavalry were the better side overall but that finish from Bekker looked pretty good from section 200. These two always play tight games and are for sure the class of the league.

Great crowd, great day and was great meeting even more people at the Rose and Crown and in the stands.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2019, 10:54 AM   #1252
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Crowdsource opinion. Thinking about getting a soccer jersey. Should I get red Canada to wear to Cavs games or Cavs to wear to Canada?
Old 06-23-2019, 11:31 AM   #1253
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
Crowdsource opinion. Thinking about getting a soccer jersey. Should I get red Canada to wear to Cavs games or Cavs to wear to Canada?
While I can't answer your question for you, Cavs red it a bit orangy in person. Still red, but not the deep, pure red of Canada.

To complicate your decision however, you'll probably have more chances to wear it in person for Cavalry rather than Canada.
Old 06-23-2019, 11:42 AM   #1254
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

I asked my 14 year old son because he is at that age where he always wants to look smart.

Other than telling me not to buy a football shirt, he said if I must, go for green.

They don’t have it in my size and I’m not sure they’d ship it here.
Old 06-23-2019, 11:46 AM   #1255
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
That was the first loss I've ever seen in person. Thought Cavalry were the better side overall but that finish from Bekker looked pretty good from section 200. These two always play tight games and are for sure the class of the league.

Great crowd, great day and was great meeting even more people at the Rose and Crown and in the stands.
It was a lot of fun hanging out with the Foot Soldiers for the day. I hope we kept you well watered, Sherm. It is a shame that the result didn't go our way, but it was still a fun day out.

The Rose and Crown is a great "home pub" as well. The waitress was great, got us our free bus tickets, recommended against ordering food because by the time we made up our mind it would cut too close to the departure time (the kitchen had been slammed), and they even have the York v. Halifax match on the screen when we returned. Highly recommend the pub, bus, match, bus, pub routine if you're looking for a day out.

Hats off to Shermanator and the Foot Soldiers - they've really done a lot for the supporters culture in this city.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2019, 11:52 AM   #1256
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

The York v Halifax game (replay) is on now.

Had I not seen Sherm’s post above I’d have thought there was hardly anyone at the game.

The empty stand you see down the entire length of the field is an overflow stand.

It really takes away from the viewing perspective. Would it not be possible for them to stick the cameras on that side?
Old 06-23-2019, 11:56 AM   #1257
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
I asked my 14 year old son because he is at that age where he always wants to look smart.

Other than telling me not to buy a football shirt, he said if I must, go for green.

They don’t have it in my size and I’m not sure they’d ship it here.
What size do you think you’d be? I can pick one up for you and ship it to you if you like
Old 06-23-2019, 12:47 PM   #1258
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
It was a lot of fun hanging out with the Foot Soldiers for the day. I hope we kept you well watered, Sherm. It is a shame that the result didn't go our way, but it was still a fun day out.

The Rose and Crown is a great "home pub" as well. The waitress was great, got us our free bus tickets, recommended against ordering food because by the time we made up our mind it would cut too close to the departure time (the kitchen had been slammed), and they even have the York v. Halifax match on the screen when we returned. Highly recommend the pub, bus, match, bus, pub routine if you're looking for a day out.

Hats off to Shermanator and the Foot Soldiers - they've really done a lot for the supporters culture in this city.
Glad to hear you had fun, and thank you and Howie16 for keeping me sufficiently (de)hydrated! I agree on the Rose and Crown, they have been an absolutely fantastic home ground, and have treated us so well. Nice to see a pub that is all in for the cause, and hopefully we are making it worth their while financially in return.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2019, 12:53 PM   #1259
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also, with the crowd of 4697 yesterday, Cavalry have lept over York 9 and Pacific in average attendance. Hope they can keep the average moving in the right direction.

The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2019, 01:18 PM   #1260
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
Also, with the crowd of 4697 yesterday, Cavalry have lept over York 9 and Pacific in average attendance. Hope they can keep the average moving in the right direction.
Were ticket prices lower for the game?
Closed Thread

Tags
2xchamps , canadian premier league , canpl , cavalry fc , fc edmonton is no good , fuforge