Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-05-2019, 04:26 PM   #2021
nixon45
First Line Centre

Exp:

Looking like Hazard to Real Madrid is really close.

nixon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 05:00 PM   #2022
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

We should start a pool about how much Real Madrid is going to spend this summer.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 05:11 PM   #2023
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
We should start a pool about how much Real Madrid is going to spend this summer.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:18 PM   #2024
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

net spend or total spent on players? I'm thinking 300 net 450 total.

If these Mbappe murmurs turn out to be more than murmurs, than that is totally going to get blown out of the water.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 05:34 PM   #2025
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
net spend or total spent on players? I'm thinking 300 net 450 total.

If these Mbappe murmurs turn out to be more than murmurs, than that is totally going to get blown out of the water.
Net spend? Who do they have thats even worth selling for anything substantial?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 06-05-2019, 05:48 PM   #2026
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Define substantial. A couple 20 mil players, a 40 mil player, maybe a 60 if someone really likes Isco. It doesn't have to be 100mil+
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:50 AM   #2027
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Net spend? Who do they have thats even worth selling for anything substantial?
Navas, Reguilon, Ceballos, James, Isco, Bale ... there's money to be made for sure.

Man United sign Daniel James from Swansea. Love this kind of signing.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 08:26 AM   #2028
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

so Hazard to Real for an initial £88m and lots of add-ons. That's a great piece of business by Chelsea, all things considered.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:35 AM   #2029
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

With only one year left on his contract that's actually amazing.
Old 06-14-2019, 10:27 AM   #2030
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

so it looks like Frank Lampard is going to be Chelseas new manager. Sarri will join Juventus.

Chelsea will have a fascinating look next season. Transfer ban, no Hazard, Lampard instead of Sarri ...
Old 06-14-2019, 10:37 AM   #2031
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
so it looks like Frank Lampard is going to be Chelseas new manager. Sarri will join Juventus.

Chelsea will have a fascinating look next season. Transfer ban, no Hazard, Lampard instead of Sarri ...
Part of me thinks that this is a recipe for disaster, but then the other side is they have so many players out on loan that they can recall and they might actually be OK? I don't mean that they can win the league or anything, but they just might not be horrible.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 07:04 AM   #2032
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm glad he's coming out with this early. The sooner his future is sorted the better.

Quote:
Paul Pogba has admitted publicly for the first time that he wants to leave Manchester United this summer as he tries to engineer a move away from Old Trafford.

Speaking to reporters in Tokyo, where he has been on a promotional tour with his sponsor Adidas, Pogba said: “Like you said, there is a lot of talking and a lot of thinking as well.

“For me I have been for three years in Manchester and it’s been great - some good moments and some bad moments, like everybody, everywhere else. After this season, and after everything that happened this season, with my season being my best season as well... I think for me it could be a good time to have a new challenge somewhere else. I am thinking of this - to have a new challenge somewhere else.”
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...new-challenge/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2019, 07:29 AM   #2033
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

"A new challenge" is usually when a player has accomplished everything there is at their current challenge. Which is obviously not the case.

He just wants the hell out of dodge.

Old 06-16-2019, 07:33 AM   #2034
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sarri officially off to Juventus. Considering how dysfunctional Chelsea is he did pretty well. As for Pogba I doubt he goes, teams will be looking to lowball United and even though he wants out, United owe him nothing. Shouldn't take less than full price for him.
Old 06-16-2019, 09:32 AM   #2035
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Sarri officially off to Juventus. Considering how dysfunctional Chelsea is he did pretty well. As for Pogba I doubt he goes, teams will be looking to lowball United and even though he wants out, United owe him nothing. Shouldn't take less than full price for him.
Yeah, but at some point Ole is going to have enough problems without dragging a grumpy Pogba around.

Old 06-19-2019, 11:45 AM   #2036
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Allegedly United has closed the deal on Wan-Bissaka for 55m. I just say allegedly because you never know at this point in the year.
Old 06-19-2019, 12:04 PM   #2037
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Allegedly United has closed the deal on Wan-Bissaka for 55m. I just say allegedly because you never know at this point in the year.
no credible sources yet, but yeah, I assume this one gets done. Last United offer was 35m plus 15m in add-ons, but Palace wanted more up front. We'll see how the deal is structured, but if it's 55m in total then I'm sure a good portion of it is based on add-ons as well.

I like it, Wan-Bissaka was really good last season and he has a lot of upside. Still a bit raw and still learning the position (he was a winger before), but that's the kind of player I want United to target in order to build a side. I actually see him and Dalot work well together on the right side, as Dalot might be better suited to the wing due to his suspect defending. It also means less playing time for Ashley Young and that's never a bad thing.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:10 PM   #2038
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
no credible sources yet, but yeah, I assume this one gets done. Last United offer was 35m plus 15m in add-ons, but Palace wanted more up front. We'll see how the deal is structured, but if it's 55m in total then I'm sure a good portion of it is based on add-ons as well.

I like it, Wan-Bissaka was really good last season and he has a lot of upside. Still a bit raw and still learning the position (he was a winger before), but that's the kind of player I want United to target in order to build a side. I actually see him and Dalot work well together on the right side, as Dalot might be better suited to the wing due to his suspect defending. It also means less playing time for Ashley Young and that's never a bad thing.
I think he's a good young player. I guess he had a rough outing the other night, but still had 6 tackles or something like that, which is a good sign. He is raw, but he's so young that he could grow into a good player for sure.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:08 PM   #2039
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

James will be our RW/RaM

I liked Dalot and still has time to develop. Is Wan-Bissaka perhaps being moved to CB?
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:43 AM   #2040
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

It’s come out this morning that the PL will not use VAR to determine whether a goalkeeper moved off his line for penalties. Given the Women’s World Cup, this is probably a good thing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post: