Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2019, 06:04 PM   #1
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default 2019 Ticket Holder Information Session

Three sessions this year, I'm at the 18:00 on Monday. Treliving, Bean and KK.

Will post anything interesting.
InglewoodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to InglewoodFan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2019, 06:22 PM   #2
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

KK - Nothing to say on new building, on the same side as the committee. KK has some health problems so has been less visible. Announcement will be coming. It is serious. Undergoing treatment in Edmonton.
Old 06-03-2019, 06:23 PM   #3
MrMike
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodFan View Post
Three sessions this year, I'm at the 18:00 on Monday. Treliving, Bean and KK.

Will post anything interesting.
Sorry to let you down, but that's Mark Giordano, not Mr. Bean
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 06:32 PM   #4
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
KK - Nothing to say on new building, on the same side as the committee. KK has some health problems so has been less visible. Announcement will be coming. It is serious. Undergoing treatment in Edmonton.
That's heart bad no?
Old 06-03-2019, 06:32 PM   #5
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

JB - learned from loss in playoffs. 97% renewal rate. Big cheer for getting rid of Cotton Eye Joe. More doors open to reduce wait times. Flames Foundation up to $36 MM distributed.
The Following User Says Thank You to InglewoodFan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2019, 06:45 PM   #6
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

BT - Neal didn't pan out. Offensive depth didn't show up in the playoffs. Potential changes aren't necessarily new players but new roles for existing players. Interviewed 82 at combine. Busy 6-7 weeks with draft and free agency.
The Following User Says Thank You to InglewoodFan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2019, 07:42 PM   #7
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damn it. I had signed up for the session tonight. Totally slipped my mind.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 08:02 PM   #8
CedarMeter
First Line Centre

Exp:

Went to the luncheon today. Only 8, or was it 7, season tickets holders cancelled their tickets because of the exiting and re-entering rule.
CedarMeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 08:04 PM   #9
icarus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
JB - learned from loss in playoffs. 97% renewal rate. Big cheer for getting rid of Cotton Eye Joe. More doors open to reduce wait times. Flames Foundation up to $36 MM distributed.
At this point they should just keep Cotton Eyed Joe as a shtick, they've been playing it for so long. No one can hear that song and not think of the Saddledome. Same for Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress), which they should bring back!
Old 06-03-2019, 08:07 PM   #10
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

"Neal didn't pan out" sounds a lot different than "Neal hasn't panned out"

Obviously I'm reading into that but that makes it seem like he's done with the Flames.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2019, 08:17 PM   #11
Futzee
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Can we start some list/petition to make it clear to the Flames that we won't buy tickets if they do a new stadium and jack up prices (especially if taxpayers are involved in any way).

I like the dome, I like old school stadiums, I like affordable tickets. They big money is all in TV deals and selling ads and all that crap anyway isn't it? - Anyone know the actual figures of avg team revenue that is ticket sales vs everything else?

I also don't want one penny of my tax dollars to billionaires getting a fancy new stadium so they can charge us more for tickets. Gross.
Futzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 08:27 PM   #12
Futzee
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:

Not sure I buy 97% renewal rate - I know quite a few people that work for companies that dropped tickets this year - hard to imagine that was just 3%. I have a feeling 97% is more of a net number that also factors in the new STH they sold during the playoff push.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:29 PM   #13
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

I liked the comments Treliving made and he gives me confidence as a fan. Obviously he can’t say much but he did say he plans to be aggressive and joked about how he has been known to make a splash at the draft. He talked about it being an interesting summer with all the top RFA’s. He did say he was working hard on Tkachuk, Bennett, Rittich, Mangiapane and mentioned he needs to get those done to know what he was working with this summer.

One guy asked about lack of stud forwards we have gone after in free agency. Treliving said while he was looking to improve up front that was more of a trade possibility.

I am reading between the lines but that is what I inferred from his comments.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2019, 09:17 PM   #14
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Some other things I jotted down:

Goaltending - Smith was great after new years, after a poor start. More teams are moving to tandems. BT is a big Rittich fan, will re-sign Rittich and find someone to work with him. Smith is interested in coming back but the overall cap situation needs to be considered. As far as goalies in our system, Gillies had a tough first part of the season but was good after February. Parsons had a challenging year. BT thinks the strategy to develop a goalie from within is to have lots of them in the system, hence signing the russian.

Team speed - Flames were a pressure team all season, Avs were just as fast and the Flames got "spooked". Didn't maybe make the right adjustments. Team needs to be quicker, BT mentioned both foot speed and puck speed as separate issues.

I did get the vibe from his trade to improve up front comments and his comments on our defensive depth that one of our D pieces is in play.

Coaching - BT is solid on our coaching staff. Talked about improvements Ward made to PP. Sounds like status quo.

They seem high on Milos Roman, called him a cerebral centre. He will be going back to Vancouver Giants as an over-age import, Vancouver's GM confirmed he will use up the two spots for him. Will be captain next season.

BT figured only two players exceeded expectations in the playoffs, Smith and Bennett. The rest belonged "in a different bucket".
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to InglewoodFan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2019, 09:19 PM   #15
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futzee View Post

I like the dome, I like old school stadiums, I like affordable tickets. They big money is all in TV deals and selling ads and all that crap anyway isn't it? - Anyone know the actual figures of avg team revenue that is ticket sales vs everything else?
It was a bit of a throwaway comment, but Bean did say when he was thanking folks for being STH that they were a "gate driven organization" for what it's worth.
Old 06-04-2019, 07:49 AM   #16
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

I asked if the Flames had any plans of following Vegas' lead in cancelling STH accounts of people who resell a lot of their tickets. Was told that the reason for NHL Ticket Exchange was to make the resale safe and easy, so "100% no."
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2019, 08:11 AM   #17
Futzee
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
I asked if the Flames had any plans of following Vegas' lead in cancelling STH accounts of people who resell a lot of their tickets. Was told that the reason for NHL Ticket Exchange was to make the resale safe and easy, so "100% no."

I saw a thing about the Leafs charging resellers an extra 30% for their tickets. I think that makes a ton of sense. The team might as well take a bigger cut of those.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:18 AM   #18
dustygoon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interesting about Gillies. I figured he was odd man out. When BT got the Russian goalie, he said they had an idea of who would be in AHL. I presumed parsons and new guy. Is Gillies still in plans?
Old 06-04-2019, 08:20 AM   #19
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Wonder if they use Gillies as part of a package to land Rittich's partner? He's on a 1 way next season which makes things a touch more difficult I assume.

Maybe they move him to Chicago for Anton Forsberg's rights (who was also making close to $700k) and he becomes our Binnington?
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:52 AM   #20
DionTheDman
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futzee View Post
Can we start some list/petition to make it clear to the Flames that we won't buy tickets if they do a new stadium and jack up prices (especially if taxpayers are involved in any way).

I also don't want one penny of my tax dollars to billionaires getting a fancy new stadium so they can charge us more for tickets. Gross.
Go ahead and start one if you want, but don't presume everybody holds the same opinion you do.
DionTheDman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DionTheDman For This Useful Post: