Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #1841
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Psi View Post
Just to give everyone a heads up, Croatia can start to get quite a bit colder in Sept/Oct so I would keep that in mind if you're planning a vacation around that time. It's still warm, just not as nice as during the summer and a lot of the ferries stop running around that time too.

I was in the area the summer before last in Sept and had to skip Croatia due to the ferries not running and the weather being mediocre.
Definitely great advice, can probably apply it to plenty of other places in Europe as well. Ibiza in October is a different world from Ibiza in August

Probably the best dates for those Condor flights are the ones in late August / early September. Should still be warm enough, and possibly less busy if you're lucky. And over Labor day that's one less vacation day used up.

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:38 AM   #1842
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Calgary to Paris - $799 roundtrip after tax

I'm still fascinated by the prices Condor is coming out with from Calgary to various cities in Europe because they're nearly half the cost of anyone else.

Paris looks to be the latest one to have experienced a price drop. And who doesn't love Paris?

Try August 22 or August 29 to September 9 from Calgary to Paris over at Condor.com

screenshot:

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
Old 05-03-2011, 08:58 AM   #1843
Sample00
Sleazy Banker

Exp:

would you know off hand when westjet typically has their seat sale to the US.
I know they have a Canada one on right now.
thanks

nm, I just read your blog and found my answer.

Last edited by Sample00; 05-03-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Sample00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:06 PM   #1844
Cookie Monster
Lifetime Suspension

Icon39

Dum dee-dum dum...

Cookie needs to go to Phoenix in August for a wedding. Any good deals from Calgary hopefully Aug 11-16? Hopefully these flights serve... Cookies?!

Om nom nom
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:59 PM   #1845
Deelow
Franchise Player

Exp:

wow
Old 05-04-2011, 08:21 PM   #1846
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

New Feature: E-mail notification when a great deal is found

Non-Facebookers/Non-Twitterers have been asking me for this for a while.

If you want to be notified when I find a great deal, go here and enter your e-mail addy...

http://www.yycdeals.com/notify

If you've been following my deals for a while, you know that I only notify people when something truly amazing or special comes out for YYC.

I have no interest in sending deals that aren't really deals, or sending you pointless e-mails containing travel specials from cities that you don't live in. There's already plenty of sites for that.

Of course, you can enter in the e-mail address of your mobile device to be the first to know about a posted deal.

Truthfully though, I think Twitterers will be at the greatest advantage in terms of how quickly they receive notice of a posted deal.

Glasgow, Scotland over May Long Weekend - $618 roundtrip after tax

Try May 18-25 over at http://www.airtransat.ca from Calgary to Glasgow, Scotland. It just dropped to $618 roundtrip after tax.

screenshot:

Just to note, that pic above is of Edinburgh, not Glasgow. Edinburgh is about an hour east of Glasgow, and a fair bit nicer looking in my opinion.

The Following User Says Thank You to cmyden For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2011, 02:10 PM   #1847
Fobby
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Where's the best place to look for a flight from YYC -> SHA -> HKG in Oct?
Fobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:28 PM   #1848
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fobby View Post
Where's the best place to look for a flight from YYC -> SHA -> HKG in Oct?
I think AirChina runs some flights like that for ~$900. I'm considering doing a trip to Beijing (and some other places) in October.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:36 PM   #1849
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Hawaii just dropped to $436 roundtrip after tax - Honolulu or Maui - take your pick

There's been some significant price drops to Hawaii on Westjet today.

Most of the drops seem to be for June flights. Go to http://www.westjet.com and look at departures between June 1 and June 15. The ones that are around $150 each way before taxes are the cheap ones. You can mix and match and depart to Honolulu and come back from Maui for example.

Here's the screenshot of June 8-15 ...

Old 05-13-2011, 09:26 AM   #1850
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Incredible, an Air Canada sale that really is a sale

Air Canada has a one day sale going on at the moment, and miracle of miracles, it's an actual sale.

Take it from someone who watches airfares prices a lot more than any one person should, there hasn't been an inter-Canada sale like this in a *long* time.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/offers/a...t.html#-canada

If you're planning to travel within Canada between now and the end of June you should really be taking a look today.

Some that have been reported so far... (roundtrip after tax)

Calgary to Halifax is down to $448.

Calgary to Kelowna is down to $184.

Calgary to Toronto - $350

Charlottetown, PEI to Calgary - $420

Edmonton to Montreal - $348

Edmonton to Toronto - $339

Edmonton to Winnipeg - $245

Edmonton to Halifax - $384

Last edited by cmyden; 05-13-2011 at 09:37 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmyden For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2011, 10:30 AM   #1851
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Wow, those are awesome prices. I definitely want to take advantage of this!
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:32 AM   #1852
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Westjet claims to have matched, but don't have an official page up about their sale. They're likely scrambling to get their prices changed to match AC's.

A rare good day for inter-Canada travel prices.

Last edited by cmyden; 05-13-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:01 AM   #1853
rd_aaron
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyden View Post
Westjet claims to have matched, but don't have an official page up about their sale. They're likely scrambling to get their prices changed to match AC's.

A rare good day for inter-Canada travel prices.
Thanks for the update (got it in my email which was great). Booked a flight that I had been thinking about booking anyways without the sale. I think the AC sale is over now though (1 PM Eastern).
rd_aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:09 AM   #1854
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd_aaron View Post
Thanks for the update (got it in my email which was great). Booked a flight that I had been thinking about booking anyways without the sale. I think the AC sale is over now though (1 PM Eastern).
One can also try searching on Orbitz, occasionally prices will stick around longer on there than on the airlines own site when they have a sale.

As of right now, still seeing the cheap prices on Air Canada's site and Orbitz.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:08 PM   #1855
rd_aaron
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyden View Post
One can also try searching on Orbitz, occasionally prices will stick around longer on there than on the airlines own site when they have a sale.

As of right now, still seeing the cheap prices on Air Canada's site and Orbitz.
I should have worded it better. I was looking at booking a flight anyways, but then the sale came on so I booked at the discounted rate.

Looks like the sale is gone on AC's site now though.
rd_aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:09 PM   #1856
Rhyme
Farm Team Player

Exp:
Default Big Thanks!

Hey cmyden, just wanted to say thanks for sharing all the deals you come across. I managed to fly to Menorca thanks to you and now I'm able to join my wife in Halifax for a week thanks to today's deal. You're awesome!
Rhyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:17 PM   #1857
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyme View Post
Hey cmyden, just wanted to say thanks for sharing all the deals you come across. I managed to fly to Menorca thanks to you and now I'm able to join my wife in Halifax for a week thanks to today's deal. You're awesome!
Excellent, glad it helped! We need another one of those ridiculous mistake fares to come our way. 2009 was Spain, 2010 was Vegas, will 2011 have anything in store for YYC?

Old 05-13-2011, 12:35 PM   #1858
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I am proud to say I took part in both of those mistakes keep hunting for another cmyden you're the best!
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:23 PM   #1859
Cookie Monster
Lifetime Suspension

Icon39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
Dum dee-dum dum...

Cookie needs to go to Phoenix in August for a wedding. Any good deals from Calgary hopefully Aug 11-16? Hopefully these flights serve... Cookies?!

Om nom nom
Still no deals to Phoenix mid-august, huh?
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #1860
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
Still no deals to Phoenix mid-august, huh?
Can't say I've seen anything too interesting. Do a Wed-Wed flexible date search (3 days each way) on Kayak and that will cover everything that's out there.