Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2019, 10:19 PM   #101
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_Matt View Post
I think they are all first come first served.

It is really weird that the government decided to randomly subsidize some peoples daycare spots but it seems that that is what they did.
Not sure I entirely agree.

If the intent is a pilot project it's probably an OK was to go. Means testing is incredibly expensive, and re-testing is an administrative nightmare, it would be unfortunate to have 60% of the spots because half the money goes to finding out who deserves to be in.

Not sure if it is what they are doing but; ideally a pilot project would have a random sampling of people in different circumstances and collect data on the families. at about $6500 annually for the families and assume this program is costing the government in the range of $10,000 / year / child. It is entirely possible they can prove these families contribute $10,000 more to government revenue through economic production than their counter parts spending ~$1000-$1500 / month on daycare, or those declining to work due to these expense.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:59 AM   #102
GP_Matt
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post
Not sure I entirely agree.

If the intent is a pilot project it's probably an OK was to go. Means testing is incredibly expensive, and re-testing is an administrative nightmare, it would be unfortunate to have 60% of the spots because half the money goes to finding out who deserves to be in.

Not sure if it is what they are doing but; ideally a pilot project would have a random sampling of people in different circumstances and collect data on the families. at about $6500 annually for the families and assume this program is costing the government in the range of $10,000 / year / child. It is entirely possible they can prove these families contribute $10,000 more to government revenue through economic production than their counter parts spending ~$1000-$1500 / month on daycare, or those declining to work due to these expense.
Fair enough. If it is a pilot project that makes a lot of sense. I thought it was just rolled out as a program with a limited budget.
GP_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:08 AM   #103
Tyler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks to those who PM'd me their recommendations for daycares in the deep SW. I am officially on a waitlist
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote