Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 11:38 AM   #3261
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

All 5 of the players announced were on 2 year deals. Ledgerwood and Trafford will likely end their playing careers in Calgary, while Carducci and Camargo will no doubt move on to greener pastures in 2021.

Pepple is a real promising prospect, and a prime example of what the CPL is around for. He's looked very good in his limited minutes. Hope he steps into a bigger role this year as I imagine there will be an opportunity for him to get more minutes in 2020.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2019, 11:41 AM   #3262
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
With teams announcing signings already, can anyone clarify what the rules are for international players? I recall that there was some speculation that the CanPL would be further limiting the international quota.

While I fully support the idea of developing Canadian players, having some international players brings some different styles and perspectives, and let's be honest, bring a little flair and flavour to the league.

Just wondering if anything came of those rumours of limiting the international players. It would be difficult for teams to start planning for next year if that rule is being made up on the fly.
I've heard is that the "2 internationals over 27" is not happening. As far as I know there are no changes to the roster rules. 23 roster spots, 7 international players max on the roster, 6 Canadians must start the match.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2019, 11:58 AM   #3263
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any word on what the 'Exclusive Season Ticket Holder Gift' the Cavalry are adverting will be?
Old 11-13-2019, 12:00 PM   #3264
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
I've heard is that the "2 internationals over 27" is not happening. As far as I know there are no changes to the roster rules. 23 roster spots, 7 international players max on the roster, 6 Canadians must start the match.
Thanks. That seems like a reasonable approach. I think that the current quota strikes a nice balance between giving Canadian players a good opportunity, but also bringing in some flavour.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2019, 12:03 PM   #3265
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
Any word on what the 'Exclusive Season Ticket Holder Gift' the Cavalry are adverting will be?
Given the precedent set by the championship trophy, I'm assuming something like this:

Old 11-13-2019, 04:11 PM   #3266
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

The jersey collector inside me is wondering if there is any word on a “locker room sale” like the flames and stamps hold....perhaps are the game worn jerseys being sold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FlamesFanStrandedInEDM For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2019, 10:13 AM   #3267
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just a reminder that seasons tickets go on sale today. Lots of prime seats left. I counted about a dozen in 200 and at least 30 in 201.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:17 AM   #3268
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

All sections are N/A according to the field map, any reason why this might be the case?
Old 11-14-2019, 10:17 AM   #3269
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow, I'm surprised there are that many in 200? I thought that was fully sold out when I was browsing around.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:19 AM   #3270
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Might be some people who had no idea what they were getting into when they bought in last year? They may not have wanted to actually be in the supporters section.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:29 AM   #3271
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Might be some people who had no idea what they were getting into when they bought in last year? They may not have wanted to actually be in the supporters section.
Makes me feel a little silly for jumping the gun. I am happy with my seats though.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:31 AM   #3272
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
All sections are N/A according to the field map, any reason why this might be the case?
Try enabling flash?
Old 11-14-2019, 10:35 AM   #3273
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

#### that, it was way faster just to call them. Got the answers I needed in 15 seconds
Old 11-14-2019, 10:44 AM   #3274
cheevers
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Does anyone know if the free subscription to OneSoccer kicks in right away? Hoping to watch the Canada V USA game tomorrow and I don't think it is on any of the regular channels.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:45 AM   #3275
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheevers View Post
Does anyone know if the free subscription to OneSoccer kicks in right away? Hoping to watch the Canada V USA game tomorrow and I don't think it is on any of the regular channels.
I asked, and no - the Cavalry ticket office didn't even know when that is coming, but it will. I wouldn't bank on it for tomorrow.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2019, 10:46 AM   #3276
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Our season ticket packages our mailed out in the spring. I'd guess the subscription info would come along with that. Just a guess though.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Big Chill For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2019, 11:34 AM   #3277
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haha, just talked to the ticket rep to ask some questions, and she said that anyone who found that 'backdoor' in their system to buy season tickets before today are the kinds of fans that deserve them anyways, and at the end of the day they didn't mind.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2019, 12:50 PM   #3278
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheevers View Post
If you are on Telus/Bell/Rogers/SaskTel you can watch on regular TV. If you are on Shaw you may want to check if OneSoccer still is doing their free preview period.

https://canpl.ca/article/watch-u-s-a...-major-outlets
Old 11-14-2019, 03:28 PM   #3279
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

We'll also have a watch party at Rose and Crown. The club will be there and I think they're giving away some prizes.

The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2019, 05:10 PM   #3280
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Based on Ticketmaster availability, I broke down the number of season tickets sold and revenue per section. Currently the club is just under 2000 season tickets sold, which is comparable to what they sold last year IIRC. Pretty promising for day 1 of public ticket sales.

This, of course, assumes that a seat marked as unavailable has been sold at the price advertised on the club's website. The wheelchair accessible sections, and sections for away support are not included in the numbers.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
2xchamps , canadian premier league , canpl , cavalry fc , fc edmonton is no good , fuforge