Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-11-2021, 08:16 PM   #1
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:
Knights Jack Eichel Surgery And Comeback Thread

Since we had so much interest in acquiring Jack Eichel why not another thread to watch his comeback.

On TSN Insider Trading tonight they said that Eichel was getting his surgery this Friday (tomorrow) and that it will only be about 3-4 hour procedure and that Jack will actually walk out of the operating room, basically day surgery if I understood that correctly.

They said he could be back playing in about 4 months or so which is kind of surprising to me. We'll have to wait and see how his recovery will go and then game action.
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 08:18 PM   #2
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Can we not?
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 08:20 PM   #3
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

No more threads about players who are not Calgary Flames please. ENG and maybe Ovie count can stay.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 08:21 PM   #4
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:

Are you not interested how it will all play out after all the discussion we had on here? I was in the don't trade for Eichel opinion so we'll see how it all plays out. Plus we'll see him lots as he's in our division.
Old 11-11-2021, 08:24 PM   #5
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman View Post
Are you not interested how it will all play out after all the discussion we had on here? I was in the don't trade for Eichel opinion so we'll see how it all plays out. Plus we'll see him lots as he's in our division.
Nope, not really. I don’t follow players who are traded away, not even Gio, despite the name. I don’t care about Kadri, ROR, Stone or any other “almost” Flames.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2021, 08:26 PM   #6
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

This thread is like finding out your wife is cheating on you and that you were actually adopted...and that your wife is wife is actually your cousin.

Sad and confusing, but mostly sad.
Old 11-11-2021, 08:28 PM   #7
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:

Except some people think Jack Eichel is a star player so that's another reason to see how it all unwinds. Maybe the Flames will end up looking good for not trading for him.
Old 11-11-2021, 08:30 PM   #8
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

The reality is that we don't know how close the Flames were. Folks like Friedman seem to suggest it wasn't really close.
But it's still an interesting storyline. As a Flames fan I was disappointed they didn't land him. As a hockey fan I hope his neck surgery goes well and he can return to being the player he is. And I'll certainly be rooting for him and Vegas over McDerp and the Derps up north.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2021, 08:31 PM   #9
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

There’s really nothing interesting to hear about or discuss until late February / March when he’s supposed to come back.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 08:31 PM   #10
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Not overly concerned with a Vegas player no. I’m sure there will be tweets when he’s close to returning in three to four months.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 08:31 PM   #11
robertsfan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Kind of a dck move actually.
robertsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 09:19 PM   #12
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Once it was announced that the Flames didn't get Eichel, I lost all interest about him. Unless the operation couldn't fix his injury and Eichel can't pick up a hockey stick again (I don't actually wish that on him), maybe I will then be interested to know about it and laugh at Vegas...
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lazypucker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2021, 09:20 PM   #13
ClubFlames
Posted the 2 millionth post!

Exp:

Can we start a thread for Taylor Hall, Mark Stone, and every other significant player we were reportedly close to acquiring?

I don't get the obsession with studying threads for ex-players/rumored trade chips.

ClubFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 09:33 PM   #14
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thing is with this one people can pound their chest but nobody knows and it will be years before we can make a call if it would have been good or bad

5x10M is a lot of money, guy better be a player for them. He could be a top player in the league and he could be Lindros in TO

Last edited by dino7c; 11-11-2021 at 09:45 PM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 09:42 PM   #15
blender
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm not particularly interested in this thread, but the amount of people that are against it is a bit of a surprise. It's just another topic to discuss, if you want, or not.

No need to be aggravated by it.
blender is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blender For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2021, 09:54 PM   #16
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Is there a way to stream the surgery? Or at least get live updates?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2021, 10:12 PM   #17
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

If someone is not interested in this thread, is there any action...or perhaps inacation...that they can take to make it go away?
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to powderjunkie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2021, 10:23 PM   #18
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

#### me.

I want to not think about Jack Eichel ever again for the rest of my goddamn life.

As a hockey fan I know that can't happen, but it'd be nice not to have to think about him until he's back and curb stomping he Flames multiple times per season now that he's on a division rival team.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 11:31 PM   #19
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lets make this an Erkel thread instead.

Old 11-11-2021, 11:41 PM   #20
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
If someone is not interested in this thread, is there any action...or perhaps inacation...that they can take to make it go away?
It seems there is only one possible course of action for many. You come into the thread with very clear and descriptive title in the subject and tell everyone how you don't want to talk about it.

There's obviously not going to be much news on that topic for a while unless God forbid the surgery is a disaster. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

But it will be interesting to reflect back on. As Jiri states, some like Friedman have reported the Flames weren't that close. But they were definitely interested. And if they weren't close, it is by choice really because while the Sabres may have coveted certain players from Vegas, it's not like that offer was unbeatable. You could have offered more if you wanted him bad enough. To be seen if that would have been the right call.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gamble , jackeichel , lasvegas