Your Calgary Flames!
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Your Calgary Flames! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 09:42 PM   #42
drewtastic
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Blues sign James Neal (1 yr, $750k)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachukwagon View Post
Neal is one of my least favourite active NHL players.

I don’t care if I get sin binned for it, I have to say this: James Neal can go pound sand.

That’s the most shocking take on a celebrity since this:

https://youtu.be/V3TgAYgNlzU

Last edited by drewtastic; 10-09-2021 at 09:44 PM.
drewtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 11:18 PM   #43
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
Yeah I dunno where that dude got his numbers from. First of all, 4.5k? $4,500? The person who manages your season tickets probably makes that every month.

Even they meant to say 4.5m instead of k... it's still wrong. The Oilers are paying Lucic and Neal $2,666,667 ($2.67m) to not play for them.
Not Neal related, but they are also still paying Sekera $1.5 million for a couple more seasons to play for Dallas.
Old 10-10-2021, 03:09 PM   #44
Chi-Town Hustler
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm gonna go ahead and hit the blues game in st. Louis. Hoping I see white ceramics fly. Or, will the heel Neal be waived by then?
Chi-Town Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 03:16 PM   #45
StAlbertFlame
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

My take on James Neal

He didn't get to play on the top line when the Flames signed him and then signed Lindholm so he pouted and played like crap.

After being traded, he played well for about 60% of a season with the Oilers where he got most of his goals while playing with McDavid and then he was injured and came back and he wasn't playing with McDavid as much so he pouted and played like crap.

He may do well in St. Louis as long as he has generous ice time and great line mates... if not... he will probably pout and play like crap.
StAlbertFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 03:27 PM   #46
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesfan05 View Post
I am told he was good in the Oilers dressing room

Whatever that means
Told by whom? As far as the room, I’m aware Neal has buddies wherever he goes. But he’s a bad influence on them.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 12:25 PM   #47
JackIsBack
Scoring Winger

Exp:

James Neal Could Prove To Be Valuable For The St. Louis Blues
https://bleedinblue.com/2022/01/04/j...t-louis-blues/

I remember when I thought the same thing going into the playoffs with Neal, that some how he was our secret weapon and that he'd turn it around - he didn't. I remember that Edmonton thought the same thing. I think 3 strikes and you're OUT for James Neal.
JackIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 12:34 PM   #48
FBI
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackIsBack View Post
James Neal Could Prove To Be Valuable For The St. Louis Blues
https://bleedinblue.com/2022/01/04/j...t-louis-blues/

I remember when I thought the same thing going into the playoffs with Neal, that some how he was our secret weapon and that he'd turn it around - he didn't. I remember that Edmonton thought the same thing. I think 3 strikes and you're OUT for James Neal.
lol insert that laughing meme where we all laugh harder now
Old 01-13-2022, 12:39 PM   #49
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's so strange how the clock strikes 12 o'clock for some players without warning. He had been incredibly consistent scoring in the range of 25 goals for his entire career and scored 25 goals for the Knights and put up 11 points for them in the playoffs. A few months later when he stepped on the ice for the Flames it's like his career was over.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2022, 01:38 PM   #50
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
It's so strange how the clock strikes 12 o'clock for some players without warning. He had been incredibly consistent scoring in the range of 25 goals for his entire career and scored 25 goals for the Knights and put up 11 points for them in the playoffs. A few months later when he stepped on the ice for the Flames it's like his career was over.
There are warning signs if you look deep enough, Apparently Neal didn't take fitness very serious and it caught up to him, A relative of mine played a charity tourney in Halifax with him and a few other NHL players the summer before his first game as a Flame and said: "I really can't believe he's an NHL player, nice enough guy but he's not in good shape at all, it's night and day between him and Marchant"

I said it before, I'd like to know what vetting process if any was done before Treliving gave him that deal.
Snuffleupagus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 09:12 AM   #51
Iggy Snipe
Powerplay Quarterback

Location: Pengrowth Saddledome, Section 222, Row 23, Seat 14/15
Exp:

Why is this guy playing the league still? I can not believe teams are still throwing money at him. He is a useless tit.
Iggy Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 09:16 AM   #52
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
There are warning signs if you look deep enough, Apparently Neal didn't take fitness very serious and it caught up to him, A relative of mine played a charity tourney in Halifax with him and a few other NHL players the summer before his first game as a Flame and said: "I really can't believe he's an NHL player, nice enough guy but he's not in good shape at all, it's night and day between him and Marchant"

I said it before, I'd like to know what vetting process if any was done before Treliving gave him that deal.
I’m not one of the guys who posts fire Treliving stuff all the time here, but this IMO was his biggest failure. I am told by people who have inside info that Neal’s off ice issues were pretty well known and the reason Vegas wasn’t pushing hard for an extension.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 12:04 PM   #53
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
This is surprising considering all the marching he did in Peru.
Old 01-15-2022, 10:34 PM   #54
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

I remember when we signed him I was excited due to name recognition and reputation. I really hadn’t seen him play much.

I also remember seeing him on his first shift with the Flames and thinking who the hell is that super slow guy. Then I figured out it was Neal.

I could not believe how bad he was based on the reputation.

He would be one of the slower guys on my beer league team.
Goriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 08:05 AM   #55
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I think this is a big factor for guys who just fall off a cliff at a certain age. Dany Heatley was another guy who had similar issues. Phil kessel is an obvious one right now. You can get by on your natural skill but once that declines, you need everything else in tip top shape to play long term. Does give pause to giving Gaudreau a long term deal as well as he gets older.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 10:04 AM   #56
TheoFleury
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

^ I don't think we'll have to worry about Gaudreau getting old and it becoming a bad contract. I highly doubt he signs here anyway

If all goes to script, or the 'Calgary Flames way', we'll instead use JG's cap space on guys with half the talent who are already in decline.

The Flames don't really sign 29 y.o. superstars and get burned when they decline into stars

They sign average NHLers who decline into AHLers
TheoFleury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 10:07 AM   #57
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

“Nice enough guy”. That’s probably the first time I’ve heard that said about James Neal.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2022, 02:25 PM   #58
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

The St. Louis Blues assigned forward James Neal to the AHL's Springfield Thunderbirds on Wednesday.

Neal, a 14-year NHL veteran with 869 games of regular-season experience, has played in 19 games for the Blues this season, posting two goals and two assists.

https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/neal-...ld/c-330211380
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2022, 02:27 PM   #59
Chi-Town Hustler
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
The St. Louis Blues assigned forward James Neal to the AHL's Springfield Thunderbirds on Wednesday.

Neal, a 14-year NHL veteran with 869 games of regular-season experience, has played in 19 games for the Blues this season, posting two goals and two assists.

https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/neal-...ld/c-330211380
What a dolt.
Chi-Town Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 02:30 PM   #60
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I suspect James Neal's $750k will be the 2nd highest salary on the Springfield Thunderbirds.

The highest? Why, that would be James Neal's $1.9 MM from the Oilers, of course.