Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-26-2021, 02:32 PM   #781
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
You'll end up getting charged the $119 (through Apple). Apple's automated message re: the sub for whatever reason doesn't reflect the new price, but you will be charged it.
I suspected that this is how it would likely play out
Old 11-26-2021, 04:01 PM   #782
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
As someone with no musical ability this Beatles movie is quite impressive. Coming up with songs looks exhausting, I respect what musicians do much more now.
And the funny thing is the Beatles worked very fast in the studio. The process is much longer and more painful for many bands.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 04:47 PM   #783
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

I enjoyed the first episode of Hawkeye. Was skeptical how I'm supposed to root for some spoiled brat rich kid but being a dog lover with an evil step dad helps.
Old 11-26-2021, 10:08 PM   #784
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
I enjoyed the first episode of Hawkeye. Was skeptical how I'm supposed to root for some spoiled brat rich kid but being a dog lover with an evil step dad helps.
I was skeptical they could make Hawkeye authentically someones favorite avenger, but I like the way they did it. Hell if someone saved my life, then beat up a bunch of aliens in hand to hand combat and jumped from a skyscraper before my 10 year old eyes, I might have grown up idolizing them a little bit.

I'm not sure that reshooting new angles of the battle of New York will ever end. They love that well.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 10:50 PM   #785
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post
I was skeptical they could make Hawkeye authentically someones favorite avenger, but I like the way they did it. Hell if someone saved my life, then beat up a bunch of aliens in hand to hand combat and jumped from a skyscraper before my 10 year old eyes, I might have grown up idolizing them a little bit.

I'm not sure that reshooting new angles of the battle of New York will ever end. They love that well.
Meh...theres worse things.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 09:19 AM   #786
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
There’s no way the evil step dad is actually evil. He is too stereotypically evil to be the actual Villian. The mom is clearly the bad guy and since the real father never was shown to die was either killed by the mom or is still alive.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 10:05 AM   #787
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
There’s no way the evil step dad is actually evil. He is too stereotypically evil to be the actual Villian. The mom is clearly the bad guy and since the real father never was shown to die was either killed by the mom or is still alive.
She’s also a total piece of ####.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 10:08 AM   #788
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
She’s also a total piece of ####.
Parents getting remarried without telling their family is a straight Disney Villain move.

No one in real life does that.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2021, 10:35 AM   #789
Ashartus
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post
I was skeptical they could make Hawkeye authentically someones favorite avenger, but I like the way they did it.

Hawkeye has always been my favourite Avenger. You have Norse gods, supersoldiers and billionaires with high tech gadgets, and then you have Hawkeye and Black Widow as "normal" people who trained hard to develop skills. On top of it Hawkeye manages to have a normal family, but still be there when needed.
Ashartus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashartus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2021, 10:36 AM   #790
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashartus View Post
Hawkeye has always been my favourite Avenger. You have Norse gods, supersoldiers and billionaires with high tech gadgets, and then you have Hawkeye and Black Widow as "normal" people who trained hard to develop skills. On top of it Hawkeye manages to have a normal family, but still be there when needed.
And he's fairly humble.

Grumpy. But humble.

Now...show us what happened in Budapest!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2021, 10:43 AM   #791
The Fisher Account
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Found the Beatles thing super boring
The Fisher Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 01:09 PM   #792
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
As someone with no musical ability this Beatles movie is quite impressive. Coming up with songs looks exhausting, I respect what musicians do much more now.
I was going to watch this but the first review said "8 hours of TV so aimless it threatens your sanity".

Did you enjoy it?
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 01:23 PM   #793
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
I was going to watch this but the first review said "8 hours of TV so aimless it threatens your sanity".

Did you enjoy it?
This is a good question.

To put it into some perspective, I am as casual a Beatles fan as they come. I like their music when it comes on, but I dont think I have deliberately played a Beatles song in my life.

Its just something that is there. Would I like this? Because 8 hours isnt a documentary, thats a commitment.

Old 11-27-2021, 01:26 PM   #794
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have about an hour left in part one, but what I've watched is interesting. Neat behind the scenes look about how songs come together.

You don't need to watch it all in one sitting, it's easy to jump in and out.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 03:44 PM   #795
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm most of the way through the first episode and I'll probably keep watching. It is interesting. It would be a better show if we knew it led to an inspired masterpiece. Instead it is basically a tired band creating a rather forgettable album when compared to their better music.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 04:01 PM   #796
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Meh...theres worse things.
Oh I wasn't complaining. I look forward to the day we get a feature length battle of New York cut strung together from 25 different shows in chronological order
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 06:18 AM   #797
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Parents getting remarried without telling their family is a straight Disney Villain move.

No one in real life does that.
Is it just me or is she the only actor in the show that acts like she was plucked right out of a d budget hallmark movie?

I looked her up and her husbands last name is Hawkey!!!
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 07:34 AM   #798
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
I'm most of the way through the first episode and I'll probably keep watching. It is interesting. It would be a better show if we knew it led to an inspired masterpiece. Instead it is basically a tired band creating a rather forgettable album when compared to their better music.
Yes, a documentary showing how Rubber Soul or Revolver was created would have been fantastic. Less ego, infighting, and hangers-on, more musical collaboration.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 09:51 AM   #799
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I have about an hour left in part one, but what I've watched is interesting. Neat behind the scenes look about how songs Come Together.

You don't need to watch it all in one sitting, it's easy to jump in and out.
Sorry, I couldn’t resist.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 11:00 AM   #800
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Spoiler!
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote