Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2021, 08:55 PM   #81
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

This in no way lowers the amount of respect I had for Rinaldo.... It remains at zero.....zing!
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 08:57 PM   #82
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

Rinaldo knows the rules set forth by the NHL. This isn’t surprising but if you’re stupid enough to speak at a rally and continuously post stupid things on your social media then this is what you can expect. NHLPA can look into it all they want.
jlh2640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 11:15 PM   #83
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

The thing about the anti-vax freedom is that it puts us vaccinated people's freedom at risk. As a society we have decided that the way out of this mess is vaccines. If I have to sacrifice the freedom of the 30% of unvaccinated people to save the freedom of the 70% that are vaccinated I'm more than willing to do that.

I'm also more than willing to accept that 30% back into society if they have a change of heart. We've decided on our path out of this. This isn't a 50/50 split. The strong majority agrees on this issue. Get on board or shut up and stay in your basement. But your freedom puts mine at risk. Once you're vaccinated and no longer threatening to put us back into another lockdown you can re-join society.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2021, 06:12 PM   #84
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Random View Post
Those decisions are made based on the policies set by politicians.
Nope. Departmental involvement with politicians is limited to approval for spending. They have no expertise in what departments do and their power is limited to nothing more than budgetary approval. Politicians make law and control budgets. Policies that affect operational efficiencies of the political division are not controlled by the politicians because those policies would continually change depending on which party was in power. Continuity of government and operation of the departments is completely different and those policies are driven by leadership within those entities. My representative or senator (federal, state, or even local government) have zero policy input in how my department is run. Policies are driven by compliance with law or regulation, and this the only way politicians have influence on those policies, through a change of law or restriction of budget.

Quote:
The policies themselves are a matter of politics.
Nope. Policies are created to be apolitical so the department is not negatively impacted by changes in representative balance. Government departments have responsibilities to the public regardless of party in power. The DMV operates regardless of a liberal or conservative bias in government, and their policies are consistent regardless of that representative bias. For example, Health and Human Services operates under the same policies regardless of who is in the Whitehouse or what the balance is in congress. Their policies are set internally. Any oversight is done by the Government Accountability Office, or similar body at state/municipal level, including any policy review that may be considered inconsistent with law.

Quote:
Political policy and political plans.
Once again, nope. Response plans within divisions are always designed to be apolitical. Take FEMA for instance. They have response plans drafted for pretty well everything you can imagine. Those plans are apolitical because hurricanes and tornadoes and floods are apolitical. The response needs to be well thought out and the processes in those plans need to be pragmatic and functional. None of those plans are political in nature. The only time those plans get sidetracked is when the politicos stick their noses in to grandstand and score cheap political points. Most departments demand that the representatives stay far away from what is going on and leave the business of government to the apolitical professionals and SMEs who know what the #### is going on.

You are obviously conflating a political position (a "policy position") with that of a functional policy which guides the behaviors within a government division. You're conflating "prudence or wisdom in the management of affairs" with "a high-level overall plan embracing the general goals and acceptable procedures especially of a governmental body." Politicians use the former, while government departments use the later, and never shall the twain meet.

But I digress. Now, back to another moron of the pandemic and Zac Rinaldo. Maybe him and Tyler Parsons can get together and compare notes.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2021, 12:29 AM   #85
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
It seems that if you learn something about a professional athlete from social media that is not directly related to their sport, it more often than not isn’t good
Athletes mostly focus 100% on athletic training and achieving their dream of playing professional their entire teenage years. It's no surprise that a lot of them have almost no understanding of anything outside of their sport.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 12:59 AM   #86
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Athletes mostly focus 100% on athletic training and achieving their dream of playing professional their entire teenage years. It's no surprise that a lot of them have almost no understanding of anything outside of their sport.
They should spend their entire lives studying moral philosophy instead. It make you many more smarter.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 06:57 AM   #87
Saqe
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
The thing about the anti-vax freedom is that it puts us vaccinated people's freedom at risk. As a society we have decided that the way out of this mess is vaccines. If I have to sacrifice the freedom of the 30% of unvaccinated people to save the freedom of the 70% that are vaccinated I'm more than willing to do that.

I'm also more than willing to accept that 30% back into society if they have a change of heart. We've decided on our path out of this. This isn't a 50/50 split. The strong majority agrees on this issue. Get on board or shut up and stay in your basement. But your freedom puts mine at risk. Once you're vaccinated and no longer threatening to put us back into another lockdown you can re-join society.

They can still have their freedom, they can go and live in antivax communities and build their own mini economies if they want, I'm pro choice too. But what they can't do is force majority of the population to bend over to their will, it's been going on too long already. In Finland they say COVID is nowadays the disease of the antivaxxers, rest of the world has to move on. They can complain about it, that's their right but they will have to get in line when it comes to the government policy decided by majority vote.

Last edited by Saqe; 09-23-2021 at 07:17 AM.
Saqe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Saqe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2021, 04:04 PM   #88
jaikorven
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
Whoa.. nobody is putting anyone under 'house arrest'. Don't want to get vaxxed? Fine, you don't have to, but....
Best post I've read in a while. I'm out of thanks, so here is the next best way to give you the thanks that you deserve.
jaikorven is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jaikorven For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2021, 12:22 PM   #89
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh2640 View Post
Dude, why don’t you go start a freedom rally somewhere and cry about this somewhere else. Because I get enough of you guys complaining about it on social media. Nobody cares about your anti vaxx/covid theories or your educated arguments. Get the shot to help the health care system and protect others. Or don’t get the shot and be excluded from some of the nice privileges of life has to offer. Either way stop f%#^+ whining about freedom already.
I'm vaccinated. What bothers me is the fact that we now have a legal precedent for the government to put anyone and everyone under permanent house arrest without even charging them with an offence.
Old 09-25-2021, 12:24 PM   #90
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
Whoa.. nobody is putting anyone under 'house arrest'.
In Australia, they are doing exactly that. They've been handing out big fines to anyone who leaves their home without a vaccine passport.

Think that isn't coming here?
Old 09-25-2021, 12:56 PM   #91
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
In Australia, they are doing exactly that. They've been handing out big fines to anyone who leaves their home without a vaccine passport.

Australia’s approach to the whole pandemic has been so very different from ours. They have had actual lockdowns, compared to our restrictions or pseudo-lockdowns. They have acted on a very small number of cases as well.
Not saying that it is impossible, but the proof so far has been different.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 01:19 PM   #92
IamNotKenKing
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I'm vaccinated. What bothers me is the fact that we now have a legal precedent for the government to put anyone and everyone under permanent house arrest without even charging them with an offence.
No. No we don’t.
IamNotKenKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 01:45 PM   #93
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
What??!
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 02:08 PM   #94
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Hmm..

Australia: 47 deaths per million
Canada: 724 deaths per million

LoL

Go take your antivax idiotic propaganda elsewhere. You guys are just annoying. It is this idotic 'OMG, my freedoms!' shortsighted viewpoints that are going to ensure that life is harder for us all for a much longer time than it needs to.

Stop being a moron and making this out to be a part of some world-wide conspiracy to enslave the human race everywhere. If you can't understand that sometimes legislation needs to be enacted to react to a once in a century pandemic in order to save lives, then.. well, you must simply think that this is nothing other than the flu.

I guess for over one hundred years that we have been living through a terrible totalitarian regime that has made us suffer so thanks to the Spanish flu. OMG, the price we paid to get rid of Polio and smallpox was too much to bear! They made me wear seat belts when I drive, and they won't even let me do it while I drive under the influence.

Don't like what they are doing in Australia? Please go there and join the good fight there against this crime against humanity.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 02:43 PM   #95
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Derp, derp. Derpity derpity derp.

Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2021, 03:30 PM   #96
Smilt
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:

Sorry, but that’s fake news (I live in Australia)
Smilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 04:56 PM   #97
Knightslayer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Ever wonder how you can tell if a teammate is well liked by his peers? Go check how many Flames players follow Rinaldo on Instagram.
Knightslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 05:01 PM   #98
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

That’s not house arrest. That’s a “big fine”.

It’s also not true:

Currently there are no ​federal public health orders or laws that make COVID-19 vaccine passports mandatory in Australia. https://humanrights.gov.au/our-work/...cine-passports
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2021, 05:03 PM   #99
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

They don’t even have passports out in Australia yet:

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...22-p58ts9.html
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 05:07 PM   #100
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightslayer View Post
Ever wonder how you can tell if a teammate is well liked by his peers? Go check how many Flames players follow Rinaldo on Instagram.
can you save us the trouble and tell us/
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post: