Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2021, 04:38 PM   #13621
InternationalVillager
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I was going to write a paragraph but there's no point. Just waiting to see what the team does and trying to enjoy the summer. Please make changes.
Old 06-16-2021, 04:39 PM   #13622
Niemo
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Tkachuk has got to be at the top (or at the very least near the top) of the quality of player that Buffalo can expect to receive for a maybe broken Eichel.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Niemo For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2021, 05:39 PM   #13623
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Yup. If it is Tkachuk, I don’t think the add needs to be too significant.

Fascinating to see how it turns out. Some see more of a Thorton return, others see multiple top notch first rounder types. Really depends on what Buffalo wants. Players now or futures.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:42 PM   #13624
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylock shox View Post
Trade Tkachuk for Eichel. Eichel sits for the whole season recovering from surgery. Flames either suck their way into a high draft pick then get Eichel back healthy next season, or fight their way to a playoff berth only to add Eichel and pricey UFAs to the roster (using the saved cap space from Eichel being on LTIR) before the playoffs start.

Flames come out of it with either Eichel and Wright for 2022-23, or with Eichel and a cup in 2022.

Win-win. :P

Flames showed last season they refuse to go that route. Plan for another solid effort even if we don't quite make the playoffs.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:57 PM   #13625
mrdonkey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niemo View Post
Tkachuk has got to be at the top (or at the very least near the top) of the quality of player that Buffalo can expect to receive for a maybe broken Eichel.
Lmao
Old 06-16-2021, 07:05 PM   #13626
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdonkey View Post
Lmao
Quality contribution.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2021, 07:07 PM   #13627
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Lmao
Assuming Buffalo wants players over prospects and picks, who’s offering someone better?
Old 06-16-2021, 07:08 PM   #13628
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Can you elaborate on the teams have a better established player under 25 years old to offer Buffalo. We are a little down on Tkachuk but I think there are a lot of teams that would be very, very interested in acquiring him. He's looking like the 2nd best player out of that draft right now.
Still waiting for your answer
Old 06-16-2021, 07:24 PM   #13629
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I finally picked up on the Lebrun story about Anaheim that started that speculation, and I think that sort of talk is just out the window. Zegras and 3OA? And the Ducks might have to add?

I think that the return is going to be underwhelming for what the pundits are throwing out there. I could see Calgary giving up Tkachuk if they believe they can sign Johnny, but Byfield or Zegras are just not going to happen. It's a lateral move given the injury concern, and GMs have a tendency to go with the homegrown talent.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:01 PM   #13630
mrdonkey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile View Post
Still waiting for your answer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Quality contribution.
Quote:
Other Pacific teams (LA, Anaheim in particular) have the option to offer players with higher upside than what Tkachuk brings, if they decide to go down that route. The question is whether the Sabres are looking for players with 1st line upside in the future or borderline 1st line upside now. Tkachuk is firmly in the second category, and comes with the downside of a big guaranteed payday in the near future that he probably doesn’t live up to, because Treliving botched his contract so badly.

I think if LA or Anaheim step up their game and put a guy like Byfield or a Drysdale+Zegras package on the table, Tkachuk just doesn’t get it done and the Flames have no one close to offer. The Flames’ best prospects are B-tier at best and that usually doesn’t get you a player like Eichel.
I guess if you don’t pay attention and just want to dog-pile on people who people who have different opinions than you do it’s easy to miss.

Last edited by mrdonkey; 06-16-2021 at 08:03 PM.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:03 PM   #13631
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Looks like Hamonic is willing to expand his potential destinations. Might be just trying to get leverage in his discussions with Vancouver too.

Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC
One potential free-agency note: word is that Travis Hamonic, who has opted to stay in Western Canada the last few seasons, is willing to consider all options if he hits the market. VAN still has time to re-sign.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2021, 08:04 PM   #13632
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I guess if you don’t pay attention and just want to dog-pile it’s easy to miss.
Except that you didn’t answer the question - you changed the parameters. Byfield, etc are not “established players”.

Did you not pay attention to the question?
Old 06-16-2021, 08:07 PM   #13633
mrdonkey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Except that you didn’t answer the question - you changed the parameters. Byfield, etc are not “established players”.

Did you not pay attention to the question?
I literally addressed that exact point in the second sentence, if you read that far.

You’re not always in the right, my dude.

Last edited by mrdonkey; 06-16-2021 at 08:10 PM.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:08 PM   #13634
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Looks like Hamonic is willing to expand his potential destinations. Might be just trying to get leverage in his discussions with Vancouver too.

One potential free-agency note: word is that Travis Hamonic, who has opted to stay in Western Canada the last few seasons, is willing to consider all options if he hits the market. VAN still has time to re-sign.
Hammer missed his opportunity for a larger deal it seems, unfortunately.

Last year:

CF%: 45.16
SF%: 44.92
GF%: 44.44
xGF%: 42.73
CF%: 41.00
HDCF%: 37.85
HDGF%: 38.10
MDCF%: 42.75
MDGF%: 47.06

I wonder what Calgary's (rumoured) contract offer to him prior to his final season here actually was (that he turned down).
Old 06-16-2021, 08:13 PM   #13635
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I literally addressed that exact point in the second sentence, if you read that far.

You’re not always in the right, my dude.
You didn’t answer the question at all, which was “which established player could be offered that’s better than Tkachuk”. Your second sentence just dismisses that and doesn’t answer it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2021, 08:21 PM   #13636
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Reads to me like everybody agrees Tkachuk is likely the best established player to be involved in an offer for Eichel.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2021, 08:27 PM   #13637
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Reads to me like everybody agrees Tkachuk is likely the best established player to be involved in an offer for Eichel.
he may or may not be, we don't know

but it's a fairly safe argument that he is in the ballpark of what to expect
Old 06-16-2021, 08:27 PM   #13638
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post

Lol, ol' Travis better be willing to consider Europe and the KHL if he wants to keep playing for money.
The Following User Says Thank You to mikephoen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2021, 08:42 PM   #13639
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Can you elaborate on the teams have a better established player under 25 years old to offer Buffalo. We are a little down on Tkachuk but I think there are a lot of teams that would be very, very interested in acquiring him. He's looking like the 2nd best player out of that draft right now.
Now now, let's not buck the trend on here of any player that dons the flaming C instantly being worth the square root of F all.
The Following User Says Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2021, 08:45 PM   #13640
MrMike
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’d say take a flyer on Hamonic as a number 5/6 option but we all know Sutter would play him like a number 1/2
Closed Thread