Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum

Old 08-23-2019, 04:00 PM   #61
Psytic
First Line Centre

Exp:

Probably worked for the RCMP. They probably see enough cases to form an educated opinion.
Psytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 04:41 PM   #62
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I could see heroin, or other opioides being laced with fentanyl, but I don't see how it would be profitable or desirable for a dealer to lace cocaine with fentanyl.
It doesn't have to be deliberate. A few grains of fentanyl can kill you, and drug dealers aren't known to be scrupulously hygienic with their scales, tables, bags, etc.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2019, 04:43 PM   #63
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
It doesn't have to be deliberate. A few grains of fentanyl can kill you, and drug dealers aren't known to be scrupulously hygienic with their scales, tables, bags, etc.
Fair point.
Old 08-23-2019, 04:55 PM   #64
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psytic View Post
Probably worked for the RCMP. They probably see enough cases to form an educated opinion.
The same RCMP that is warning people about fentanyl-laced cocaine?

https://leaderpost.com/news/local-ne...oia-mans-death

Quote:
In a press release issued Wednesday, the RCMP said recently confirmed evidence led investigators to believe the consumption of cocaine laced with fentanyl caused the man’s death. That evidence came from a coroner’s report, said Saskatchewan RCMP spokesman Cpl. Rob King during a phone interview on Wednesday.

Because of concerns for public safety, the RCMP said it is issuing a warning to residents that the fentanyl-laced cocaine used by the man may still be circulating in the province.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2019, 05:02 PM   #65
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

And here I thought the Shnee was as common as drinking water for NHL players.....

Seems like a witch hunt more than anything.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2019, 05:38 PM   #66
Hackey
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackIsBack View Post
It's their life. I watched an episode of Drug Inc. where the guy (drug dealer) laced a couple of his doses with high (overdose) levels of fentanyl... to intentionally create an overdose situation - it made his product more desirable because word on the street was that it was more potent and they always attributed the overdoes to the victim not being able to handle it. (I don't think it was cocaine he was selling - maybe Molly). It's just a crazy world that I can't relate to.
That show is about as real as Pawn Stars.
Hackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 06:01 PM   #67
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

^^^^^

Yep. I saw that episode, so unbelievable. A supposed high up drug dealer that sells the best stuff in town parks his car beside a 7-11 and has his customers come to him and hop in all day long?

Yeah, no. Even the stupidest drug dealers wouldn't park beside a busy convenient store and set up a make shift business centre out of their car, lol. The police would be tipped off within 30 minutes.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 11:39 PM   #68
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post

I'm no coke expert, but wouldn't doing it and then doing something as physically demanding as an NHL game be a good way to make your heart explode? I can't imagine a lot of them are doing it before/during games.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 07:07 AM   #69
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
I'm no coke expert, but wouldn't doing it and then doing something as physically demanding as an NHL game be a good way to make your heart explode? I can't imagine a lot of them are doing it before/during games.
Yeah I agree with this, also just from an employment perspective. No way they are doing blow in the arena.

I can see how it would be an issue in the league for the young guys partying, not wanting to drink, avoiding the hangovers. But I never considered this a wide spread issue for in game performance.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 07:22 AM   #70
Leo
Backup Goalie

Exp:

4 years is like..pretty much the best years of his career isnt it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 10:48 AM   #71
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh2640 View Post
The Fentanyl tainting is a myth my man FYI . . . . .
Dude.....

My bosses son died from Fentanyl laced coke. It's not a myth .

Dealers are not purposefully lacing cocaine with fentanyl. At lower street level nickel and dime style bags are the ones that are testing positive for contamination. Lower level dealers usually sell more thn one type of deug and do you think they are wiping of the table after cutting heroin or ecstasy ? Nope, probably not. Supplies that linked to middle class and white collar users don't test positive. This has been confirmed by reporters, doctors and police that have tested various cocaine aupplies linked to different social economic areas.

It basically boils down to if your poor or middle/rich. Like anything else you get what you pay for.

Last edited by combustiblefuel; 08-24-2019 at 11:14 AM.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to combustiblefuel For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2019, 02:30 PM   #72
Dube
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

How does drug testing work in the NHL? Is it random? Do some guys go years without a test?
Dube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 10:06 AM   #73
Playfair
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
Dude.....

Dealers are not purposefully lacing cocaine with fentanyl. At lower street level nickel and dime style bags are the ones that are testing positive for contamination. Lower level dealers usually sell more thn one type of deug and do you think they are wiping of the table after cutting heroin or ecstasy ? Nope, probably not. Supplies that linked to middle class and white collar users don't test positive. This has been confirmed by reporters, doctors and police that have tested various cocaine aupplies linked to different social economic areas.

It basically boils down to if your poor or middle/rich. Like anything else you get what you pay for.
I have a friend who's daughter passed away because Fentanyl was found laced with heroin. It's no myth and an insult to say otherwise.
Playfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:32 AM   #74
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Dude.....

Can confirm; literally watched this happen after my weed dealer left town and I had to try through a friend's. When we got there the guys were pressing fentanyl tablets and half-hazardly brushed off the table to set down the weed jar. Needless to say I did not end up purchasing their cannabis and never returned.

To say the general supply is not tainted may be true, but neglects the reality that many people who have died in the province did not know they were ingesting even small amounts of fentanyl while they thought they were trying other drugs. low level drug dealers are not careful people.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2019, 11:53 AM   #75
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playfair View Post
I have a friend who's daughter passed away because Fentanyl was found laced with heroin. It's no myth and an insult to say otherwise.
Fentanyl and Heroin are the same class of drug. There in lies the problem. Dont do illegal drugs and you wont die of an overdose.
jlh2640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:54 AM   #76
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
Can confirm; literally watched this happen after my weed dealer left town and I had to try through a friend's. When we got there the guys were pressing fentanyl tablets and half-hazardly brushed off the table to set down the weed jar. Needless to say I did not end up purchasing their cannabis and never returned.

To say the general supply is not tainted may be true, but neglects the reality that many people who have died in the province did not know they were ingesting even small amounts of fentanyl while they thought they were trying other drugs. low level drug dealers are not careful people.
So the low level dealers are sloppy, wow that shocks me. You know who else is sloppy, the addicts
Old 08-26-2019, 11:55 AM   #77
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Dude.....

Did you also know a lot of what lower class people think is cocaine these days, is in fact actually Meth.
Old 08-26-2019, 12:02 PM   #78
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Did you also know a lot of what lower class people think is cocaine these days, is in fact actually Meth.
your on a roll......
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to combustiblefuel For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2019, 12:13 PM   #79
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Fentanyl and Heroin are the same class of drug. There in lies the problem. Dont do illegal drugs and you wont die of an overdose.
Quote:
So the low level dealers are sloppy, wow that shocks me. You know who else is sloppy, the addicts
Quote:
You should just stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2019, 12:16 PM   #80
Playfair
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
I rarely post but you're quite the ass aren't you? Instead of acknowledging the realities and dangers, you lash out. My friend had a 19 year old kid that found herself making poor choices that ended in her death. There are a miriad of reasons such as generational, Aboriginal, family dynamics, and abuse.

You can state facts while acknowledging the pain caused by drug use.
Playfair is offline   Reply With Quote