Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-26-2021, 09:21 AM   #1
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:
Default Day 4 (PM of July 26 - AM of July 27)

The Women‘s Triathlon begins at 15:30. Amelie Kretz and Joanna Brown race for Canada.

At 18:00 Canada faces Japan in the Men’s Rugby 7’s Tournament.

The Women’s 200m Freestyle Semifinals begin at 19:30, Penny Oleksiak is in Semifinal 1, Summer McIntosh is in Semifinal 2. At 19:43 the Men’s 200m Freestyle starts. At 19:51 Kylie Masse races in the Final of the 100m Women’s Backstroke. The Final of the Men’s 100m Backstroke is scheduled to begin at 19:59. At 20:17 the Women’s 100m Breaststroke Final will begin. The Women’s 200m Individual Medley Semifinal will begin at 20:58, Sydney Pickrem sill swim in the first race. Like last night, I think that all swimming in the evening will be available live on CBC.

At 20:00 Wilkerson and Bansley take on the Argentinian team in Beach Volleyball.

Also at 20:00 the Women’s 63kg Judo Round of 32 begins. Canada’s Catherine Beauchemin-Pinard has a match that is scheduled to begin at 20:19. Also at 20:39 2012 Bronze Medalist Antoine Valois-Fortier has a match scheduled in the Men’s 81kg Judo Round of 32.

At 20:50 the 59kg Women’s Weightlifting begins, 2018 Commonwealth Games Silver Medalist Tali Darsigny competes for Canada.

At 21:05 Race 1 begins in the Women’s 49er FX event. Ali ten Hove and Mariah Mullen sail for Canada.

Canada plays Mexico in the Bronze Medal Match in Softball beginning at 22:00. The teams played each other in the tournament opener with Canada winning 4-0.

The Men’s Finn Sailing event begins at 22:05. Tom Ramshaw is the Canadian competitor.

The Semifinals in Women’s Slalom K1 begin at 23:00. Florence Maheu competes for Canada. The Final will begin at 01:15

The Women’s Cross Country Mountain Biking Event begins at midnight. 2016 Bronze Medalist Catharine Pendrel and 2018 Commonwealth Games Bronze Medalist Haley Smith race for Canada.

Also at midnight the Women’s 10m Platform Synchro Diving begins. 3-time Olympic Bronze Medalist Meaghan Benefito and Calgarian Caeli McKay are threats to medal.

At 04:02 the 100m Men’s Freestyle Heats begin. 18 Year Old Joshua Liendo is in Heat 7, Yuri Kisil is in Heat 8. The Heats for the Women’s 200m Butterfly begin at 04:23. Men’s 200m Breaststroke Heats begin at 04:35. The Men’s 4x200m Freestyle Relay Heats begin at 04:54. The Men’s 800m Freestyle Heats begin at 05:12.

Rachel Honderich and Kristen Tsai compete in Women’s Doubles Badminton in a match scheduled to begin at 03:40. At 04:20 Brian Yang faces a Swedish competitor in Men’s Single’s Badminton. At 05:00 Joshua Ho-Shue and Nyl Yakura have a match scheduled in the Men’s Doubles Badminton.

The Final of the Women’s Artistic Team Gymnastics begins at 04:45.

The Women’s 64kg Weightlifting begins at 04:50. Canadian Maude Charron is competing.

At 04:54 Myriam Da Silva is scheduled to begin her Round of 16 Match in Women’s Welterweight Boxing.

The Gold Medal Softball match begins at 05:00.

Also at 05:00 the final matches in Group E of Women’s Soccer begin. Canada faces Great Britain and Japan will face Chile.

Canada faces Netherlands in Men’s Field Hockey at 05:45.
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to CofR For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2021, 10:07 AM   #2
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

So the Triathlon will be on TSN, the Bronze Medal Softball Match will be on CBC, the Beach Volleyball should be on TSN.
Old 07-26-2021, 10:49 AM   #3
kobasew19
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Thanks again CofR!

Sidenote, anybody know why TSN/Sportsnet/CBC isn't showing some of the events live? I streamed the Judo yesterday 1/2 hour before it aired on TV. Same thing with Tennis, they didn't show both of the Fernandez matches live. I find it very very strange.
kobasew19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kobasew19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2021, 10:53 AM   #4
ajr4013
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Yeah the choice of TV coverage has been kind of weird so far. You'd figure one of the channels would cut in for at least the semis of judo but as best I could tell nothing.
ajr4013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 10:59 AM   #5
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobasew19 View Post
Thanks again CofR!

Sidenote, anybody know why TSN/Sportsnet/CBC isn't showing some of the events live? I streamed the Judo yesterday 1/2 hour before it aired on TV. Same thing with Tennis, they didn't show both of the Fernandez matches live. I find it very very strange.
I think they just prioritize certain live events and then squeeze in the other events at other times. They really don’t make it easy to find out which events will be shown where, so the streaming option I find myself using frequently until I can locate if an event is being shown live on tv. I also wish they made it clearer which things are being shown are exactly live and which are repeats or on a delay. I’m lucky enough to figure it out quickly, but I know some of my older family members who are less tech savvy get sucked in to watching events that had already occurred and then they get annoyed when they find out it wasn’t live.

Despite all my complaining I recognize how lucky we are in Canada to receive the coverage that we do from the CBC. Having several different sports on different channels being carried live is something I’m thankful for. And the CBC Olympics website and app are both easy to navigate and I haven’t had any issues this year with streaming.
Old 07-26-2021, 11:17 AM   #6
kobasew19
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CofR View Post
I think they just prioritize certain live events and then squeeze in the other events at other times. They really don’t make it easy to find out which events will be shown where, so the streaming option I find myself using frequently until I can locate if an event is being shown live on tv. I also wish they made it clearer which things are being shown are exactly live and which are repeats or on a delay. I’m lucky enough to figure it out quickly, but I know some of my older family members who are less tech savvy get sucked in to watching events that had already occurred and then they get annoyed when they find out it wasn’t live.

Despite all my complaining I recognize how lucky we are in Canada to receive the coverage that we do from the CBC. Having several different sports on different channels being carried live is something I’m thankful for. And the CBC Olympics website and app are both easy to navigate and I haven’t had any issues this year with streaming.
It's most definitely a first world problem. When the Judo was live, TSN was showing Sportcentre and ALL Sportsnet channels were showing Blue Jays in 30. I only realized it was on because of Devin Heroux's twitter account (must follow btw).
The Following User Says Thank You to kobasew19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2021, 11:31 AM   #7
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Ya Heroux is a mandatory follow for Olympics coverage. He also just seems like a great guy too. He definitely has passion for Canadian athletes
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CofR For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2021, 12:18 PM   #8
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Ya Heroux is a mandatory follow for Olympics coverage. He also just seems like a great guy too. He definitely has passion for Canadian athletes

He's one of the best. We know him well, from his curling updates in the bubble.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2021, 01:00 PM   #9
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Felix Auger-Aliassime and Gaby Dabrowski are in the mixed doubles tourney. Dabrowski is a multiple grand slam winner in mixed doubles so there's an outside chance for a medal for this doubles tandem. The other doubles teams are listed below:

dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2021, 04:18 PM   #10
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Really slick conditions this morning in the triathlon. Seems unfair. Couple of wipeouts already. Canadians in the middle, pack of 7 have broken away.

Old 07-26-2021, 04:25 PM   #11
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

There's a Bermudan in the group of, now 6. Would be awesome if she got a medal. Bermuda has one medal in their history. A boxing bronze in Montreal!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2021, 05:31 PM   #12
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Flora Duffy has been great so far! Go Bermuda!
Old 07-26-2021, 05:43 PM   #13
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Duffy won, I hope all of Bermuda is celebrating!
Old 07-26-2021, 06:00 PM   #14
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

Quote:

His tweets yesterday encouraged me to go to 7-11 for a slurpee
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MRCboicgy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2021, 06:01 PM   #15
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

7-11 and Circle K in Asia have everything.

The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2021, 06:40 PM   #16
kobasew19
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Since Canada won in Rugby 7s I think we have a chance to make it to the knockout stage, I think it’s top 2 from each 3 groups and then two best third place finishers...can somebody confirm? And how do we have 5 points when we only won one match?
Old 07-26-2021, 07:06 PM   #17
expo2428
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

You get 1 point for a loss and yeah what I'm understanding is the top 2 in each pool and then the next best 2 teams. I'm trying to figure it all out right now lol. The points they gave up with no time left could really end up hurting them in the tie break however
expo2428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 07:09 PM   #18
expo2428
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

With Argentina looking like they'll win here that's one extra spot gone from Canada as Australia and New Zealand play next and Australia would have to lose by 41 to match the difference in points with Canada.

It defiantly comes down to the Kenya versus Ireland match where they both are 0-2 and Kenya currently is -14 and Ireland -21. So we'd need Ireland to win the match but not more than 7 points.

Last edited by expo2428; 07-26-2021 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07-26-2021, 07:25 PM   #19
expo2428
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Alright its finally time for swimming. Anyone in this thread going to be watching?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to expo2428 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2021, 07:30 PM   #20
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by expo2428 View Post
Alright its finally time for swimming. Anyone in this thread going to be watching?
Yep, set my alarm so I'd be home in time for this!
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post: