Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2024, 11:47 AM   #1321
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
I was near the hockey hall of fame yesterday. They have a bunch of free stuff outside the hall, including a display for each Canadian team. Each one has one jersey on prominent display; and a bunch of other little things.

Pretty disappointing to see this morons jersey as our representative.
They could have used Iggy’s jersey and they chose Theo’s? Barf.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2024, 12:33 PM   #1322
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:
Icon39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
Yeah I mean its right on one of the insurance companies websites.

"Some regions can expect multiple hailstorms in a single season. Alberta’s Hail Alley—which stretches from Rocky Mountain House to High River—is one of those regions. That’s why a team with Western University’s Northern Hail Project (NHP) conducted research there last summer in an effort to improve hail forecasting. On August 1, 2022, the NHP discovered a record-breaking hailstone for Canada, measuring 12.3 cm in diameter and weighing 292.71 grams.

NHP is aiming to create forecasting models that can better predict destructive storms. At the same time, governments and insurance companies are also working on “cloud seeding,” a chemical solution aimed at creating smaller, less damaging hailstones."
And yet the worst hail storms have occurred post seeding program…….

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 12:47 PM   #1323
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I can’t believe he hasn’t tweet ranted about it yet. I would love for him to know it was driven by a bunch of hardcore flames fans.
He probably had a guaranteed contract , and still got paid

So he’s probably quiet happy you allowed him to stay home and get paid !
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 12:58 PM   #1324
Sol
Farm Team Player

Exp:

I heard that for some time last year the insurance companies stopped the seeding programs - not sure why, maybe they didn't think it was worth it - and that's when all the car dealerships got crushed. A lot of car dealers can't get good hail insurance anymore - Thus all the big tents now.
Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 01:30 PM   #1325
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I can’t believe he hasn’t tweet ranted about it yet. I would love for him to know it was driven by a bunch of hardcore flames fans.
I’m more surprised that Smith didn’t hold a press conference calling her buddy the most discriminated against motivational speaker that she’s ever seen.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 01:44 PM   #1326
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
And yet the worst hail storms have occurred post seeding program…….
The severity of hail storms is usually measured in what the cost was to insurance companies. More recent storms are worse/costlier, despite cloud seeding, because of a number of reasons. Population growth, our towns and cities occupy more space, inflation to labour and materials, etc. More houses and cars to damage, and they cost more to repair.

Regardless, it is a difficult thing to prove. Would a bad storm have been even worse without seeding? Or was a less sever storm due to seeding? I'll leave that to the bean counters in the insurance industry to decide.

But I think that the chemtrails folks are more concerned with every plane they see "spraying" the skies with... something that is definitely not just condensation from a hot jet engine. Or is the contrail hiding the chem part? I can't keep up.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2024, 02:01 PM   #1327
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Clouds are just a conspiracy to obscure chemtrails.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 02:38 PM   #1328
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
They could have used Iggy’s jersey and they chose Theo’s? Barf.
His jersey is inside the Hall where it belongs. Theo's doesn't.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 07:28 PM   #1329
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
The severity of hail storms is usually measured in what the cost was to insurance companies. More recent storms are worse/costlier, despite cloud seeding, because of a number of reasons. Population growth, our towns and cities occupy more space, inflation to labour and materials, etc. More houses and cars to damage, and they cost more to repair.

Regardless, it is a difficult thing to prove. Would a bad storm have been even worse without seeding? Or was a less sever storm due to seeding? I'll leave that to the bean counters in the insurance industry to decide.

But I think that the chemtrails folks are more concerned with every plane they see "spraying" the skies with... something that is definitely not just condensation from a hot jet engine. Or is the contrail hiding the chem part? I can't keep up.

I’m just parroting what insurers are telling me.

Seeding has been happening since 1996 (IIRC), the has been a #### tonne of storm, bad ones between ‘96 and now.

$1.5 Billion of insurable losses arising from the June 2020 storm, which was a storm with a very small footprint

I’m not sold that the seeding (as it is currently done) is effectively reducing the instances of catastrophic hail damage.

In fact I have heard some insurers are looking at their involvement.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 09:38 PM   #1330
Whynotnow
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
He probably had a guaranteed contract , and still got paid

So he’s probably quiet happy you allowed him to stay home and get paid !
That’s what I thought too. So ASET members should probably be pissed still but the outcome is right.
Whynotnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 10:06 PM   #1331
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1778496180219166957
The Following User Says Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2024, 10:09 PM   #1332
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Theres no way im clicking on that...
puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to puffnstuff For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2024, 10:27 PM   #1333
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’ll save you the trouble. Theo’s allegation is one of his stupidest, most vile. Read the comments if you wish. Or not.
Old 04-12-2024, 06:42 AM   #1334
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

His head may actually literally explode one day.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 09:15 AM   #1335
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffnstuff View Post
Theres no way im clicking on that...
You should have.

Although I understand why you didnt.

In my line of work? I've seen how banks screw over regular people. I'm fighting two egregious incidents of it right now.

That being said, here is my conclusion: There is some actual truth in that video, exclusively related to the Banking industry in Canada. But its couched in some seriously outrageously thick Propaganda.

The links, assertions and assumptions from that to the Government of Canada or Trudeau or Freeland? I'm no fan of either of them but those 'links' are insanely 'tinfoil-hatty' at best.

People. We as Citizens need to start sharpening the blades so that we can sift the wheat from the chaff.

That video looks like it was made by a High School AV club student who just read his first Nietzsche treatise.

But the concept of Banks selling over-priced and under-producing products? Thats an actual, real problem that affects average Canadians. I see it all the time in the financial field and it drives me nuts.

But aren't there boards or regulatory agencies or...just levels of oversight involved? I dont think a teller screwing up at the local branch goes straight to the PMO every time.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2024, 11:41 AM   #1336
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
You should have.

Although I understand why you didnt.

In my line of work? I've seen how banks screw over regular people. I'm fighting two egregious incidents of it right now.

That being said, here is my conclusion: There is some actual truth in that video, exclusively related to the Banking industry in Canada. But its couched in some seriously outrageously thick Propaganda.

The links, assertions and assumptions from that to the Government of Canada or Trudeau or Freeland? I'm no fan of either of them but those 'links' are insanely 'tinfoil-hatty' at best.

People. We as Citizens need to start sharpening the blades so that we can sift the wheat from the chaff.

That video looks like it was made by a High School AV club student who just read his first Nietzsche treatise.

But the concept of Banks selling over-priced and under-producing products? Thats an actual, real problem that affects average Canadians. I see it all the time in the financial field and it drives me nuts.

But aren't there boards or regulatory agencies or...just levels of oversight involved? I dont think a teller screwing up at the local branch goes straight to the PMO every time.
I don't think I can recall ever seeing an advertisement for a Canadian bank while showing chemtrails in the sky. That proves that the banks are behind them and don't want us to know it.
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 11:52 AM   #1337
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D as in David View Post
I don't think I can recall ever seeing an advertisement for a Canadian bank while showing chemtrails in the sky. That proves that the banks are behind them and don't want us to know it.
Oh no! The 5G got you!

This country is in desperate need of some serious Banking reform, but that fact alone does not indicate some egregious, shadowy Government conspiracy that goes all the way to the top!

This is the worst kind of misinformation. They took a genuine problem that needs serious attention and consideration and then just pointed the blame at their 'enemy-du-jour' and couched that genuine issue into a pile of BS and now nobody believes it.

Canada needs Banking Reform. Period. But no, its not Justin's fault or the Lizard-Men (although they're not helping!) or even the Liberals, but its just people. And as people, we need to pay attention to this, not just point the finger of blame at unpopular politicians.

And frankly, it really does all point back to the original ethos of the Convoy 'logic' where they camped out on Justin's lawn to demand that he eliminate travel restrictions to the US despite the fact that he very clearly and obviously didnt have the power or ability to do any of that.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: