Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2016, 09:46 AM   #21
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFR View Post
That resort is incredible. I recommend it to most of my clients who are looking for something high end/exclusive in Dominican Republic. It's a popular pick for honeymoons and couples due to its semi-private location. The food is generally very good (and they take complaints very seriously if someone mentions an issue with the food), the beaches are great and the staff are amazing.

The island it is on is somewhat small - it won't take too long to explore it. The downside to the resort is that excursions leaving directly from your hotel are limited compared to the main land. But you can head to the main island for a fee and then get any excursion you want.

It's a pretty relaxing place. Id definitely recommend it. Let me know if you have any specific questions about it.
Thanks a lot for the information. I may have some questions for you. But were trying to nail down price first.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:49 AM   #22
FFR
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Thanks a lot for the information. I may have some questions for you. But were trying to nail down price first.
I work as a travel agent so if you'd like some help, let me know. It's a pricey hotel - depending on the week, you're looking at around $54000-$6000 for two adults - higher or lower depending on airline costs.
FFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:20 PM   #23
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have also stayed at the Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado. It was for my cousin's wedding. We really liked it there, it's very pretty. It's not much of a party place if that's what you're looking for. Though, we had a good time one night down at Bacardi Beach dancing in the rain with all the entertainment staff.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:25 PM   #24
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeeks View Post
I have also stayed at the Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado. It was for my cousin's wedding. We really liked it there, it's very pretty. It's not much of a party place if that's what you're looking for. Though, we had a good time one night down at Bacardi Beach dancing in the rain with all the entertainment staff.
I've only been to DR once, but this was a difference that really stood out to me. The staff was friendlier, played games with us, partied with us, just chilled and had conversations with us. Just an all-around more welcoming atmosphere I thought. I was in Punta Cana, can't remember the resort name though.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:30 PM   #25
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Bump from the dead.

The GF and I are thinking of heading to Samana, Specifically the Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado.

Anyone have any experience here? I know Dominican is generally a poorer country, but we don't plan to really leave the resort. Maybe a couple excursions or explore the island its on.
That's north shore right?

If you're a golfer, you have to check out Playa Grande - it is a piece of real estate that can hold its own with Pebble Beach.

My favourite golf course in the world to this point (excluding St Andrews and Augusta).

Also, right beside the golf course is the actual beach Playa Grande. The water is rougher on the north shore, but that sand... incredible.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:40 PM   #26
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Actually, it looks a little further away than I thought. (I was probably thinking of Sosua, not Samana)

Still, it's worth it.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:49 PM   #27
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks guys for the help, especially FFR.

We ended up booking this afternoon at the Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado for what I think was a killer deal.

The worst part though is were not going till December. FWP but I usually book my vacations a week or 2 in advance so I don't have to wait haha.

Last edited by Weitz; 03-07-2016 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:52 PM   #28
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
That's north shore right?

If you're a golfer, you have to check out Playa Grande - it is a piece of real estate that can hold its own with Pebble Beach.

My favourite golf course in the world to this point (excluding St Andrews and Augusta).

Also, right beside the golf course is the actual beach Playa Grande. The water is rougher on the north shore, but that sand... incredible.
That course looks amazing. 2 hour car ride unfortunately!
Old 03-07-2016, 03:57 PM   #29
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That course looks amazing. 2 hour car ride unfortunately!
Worth it

If I remember correctly, 13 of the 18 holes are on the water, every par 3 is hitting straight out towards the water, and at least 2 of the par 5s curve around a cove/bay - one of them is 5 stories high.

It is unbelievable!

Also, drug lords helicopter up from god knows where to play (it has its own pad).
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post: