Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-09-2018, 10:16 AM   #281
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

I have some questions. And maybe I am just forgetting.

1. Is there any proof that Teresa Halbach was sexually assaulted, or what it just from Dasseys confession?

2. Wasn't Avery supposed to get a big payout for being in jail the first time? Did that just go away?
stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:22 AM   #282
Muffins
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
I have some questions. And maybe I am just forgetting.

1. Is there any proof that Teresa Halbach was sexually assaulted, or what it just from Dasseys confession?

2. Wasn't Avery supposed to get a big payout for being in jail the first time? Did that just go away?
Yes that's the only proof but they also dropped those charges for Avery.

He settled for 400k (don't quote me on that number) in order to pay his lawyers for the TH trial.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:30 AM   #283
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffins View Post
Yes that's the only proof but they also dropped those charges for Avery.

He settled for 400k (don't quote me on that number) in order to pay his lawyers for the TH trial.
Thanks.
stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 01:16 PM   #284
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Yes. Many, many WTF moments while watching the adventures of the world's most incompetent and corrupt Police Department.

These guys are making the Springfield PD look like shining example of virtue and competence.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2019, 10:21 AM   #285
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

And so it continues...

Quote:
Wisconsin man has reportedly confessed to the 2005 killing of photographer Teresa Halbach during a taped interview.

The man, who is already in prison for a separate killing, reportedly admitted to the slaying while speaking with the director of the upcoming series Convicting a Murderer, which is an unaffiliated followup to the Netflix show Making a Murderer.

“We haven’t confirmed the legitimacy of the confession, but seeing as it was given by a notable convicted murderer from Wisconsin, we feel responsible to deliver any and all possible evidence to law enforcement and legal teams,” director Shawn Rech told Newsweek.
https://globalnews.ca/news/5943858/c...derer-killing/
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2019, 10:25 AM   #286
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's interesting. Heard a bit about the radio this morning. I am in the innocent camp myself of this, but I don't know if they'll just chalk this up to somebody who's going to be in prison for a long time wanting some notoriety.

... or they'll just say the 3 of them were in cahoots.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 11:08 AM   #287
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
That's interesting. Heard a bit about the radio this morning. I am in the innocent camp myself of this, but I don't know if they'll just chalk this up to somebody who's going to be in prison for a long time wanting some notoriety.

... or they'll just say the 3 of them were in cahoots.
Not to mention the new $100k reward for finding the actual murderer. That can buy you lots of noodle soup and cookies in prison
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 03:42 PM   #288
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundmark19 View Post
Not to mention the new $100k reward for finding the actual murderer. That can buy you lots of noodle soup and cookies in prison
Can you collect a reward on yourself ?
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 03:45 PM   #289
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
Can you collect a reward on yourself ?
Best case you told your family/best friend to turn you in. They get reward you get double noodle soup for rest of your life in prison.

Worst case no double noodle soup and you are still in prison for rest of your life.
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 06:21 PM   #290
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm in the belief that the nephew was not involved. But Avery, I'm not sure about. Certainly the cops and prosecution had an axe to grind, and the cops may have exaggerated, which should have amounted to not guilty based on what the defence showed, but something about every piece of evidence being flawed amounts to a lot of things having to be planted or messed with. I find it hard to believe anyone, let alone police, would put themselves in that magnitude of a situation to be in cahoots just to prove this guy did it when if exposed would bring criminal matters on themselves. It's one thing for the police to shoot someone they don't like, but to mess with THAT much evidence would be so hard to believe. Anyway, I'm curious what they find with this confession because in jail it could just be a mental health issue from someone looking for attention.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 10:22 PM   #291
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundmark19 View Post
Best case you told your family/best friend to turn you in. They get reward you get double noodle soup for rest of your life in prison.

Worst case no double noodle soup and you are still in prison for rest of your life.
I thought there was a law where you are prohibited from profiting from a crime.

There are probably ways around that.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 10:34 AM   #292
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have always been of the opinion that the success of this show, and the support Avery gets, is in large part due to the widespread distrust in the police.

Certainly not alone in this, but I view the MaM series, and the information available outside of the series, and can't understand how so many people can buy into the notion that Avery is innocent. I am not going to minimize things by saying it all comes down to stuff like dark and ominous music, but I believe the theatrics of the series plays a large factor.

With enough time, resources, and effort, I am certain you could find a lot of perceived inconsistencies and oddities in most murder cases.

Last edited by Flabbibulin; 09-26-2019 at 10:38 AM.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 10:53 AM   #293
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

it's really more of a "he (and especially Dassey) shouldn't have been convincted based on the findings" than a "he's innocent for sure".
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2019, 11:41 AM   #294
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
it's really more of a "he (and especially Dassey) shouldn't have been convincted based on the findings" than a "he's innocent for sure".
Exactly this. The story isnt about either of them being guilty or innocent its about a perversion of justice and the abject abuse of the system to railroad people.

Every single person involved in Law Enforcement and the Justice system involved in this case should be rotting in a cell.

And whats more, when you look at the amount of corruption and dishonesty involved in this case it makes you wonder if they made this all up on the fly? Or maybe they've done this more than once.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: